ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe Carolina will go small alot today

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
I am pretty sure James will start at center and get major minutes but if that does not work I could see a Britt, Paige, Jackson, Tokoto and Johnson on the court. All five of these guys can run so the offense eould be ok. Defense let Tokoto play the 4 because he can jump with anyone. That would leave Hicks, Berry and James to sub when needed Simmons could give some minutes.

Originally posted by HeelBilly50:
On defense Tokoto just needs to worry about guarding Hanlan. That is All!!!
Check!

And feed the BIGS! Hicks had 21 last time against them.

Originally posted by IDUNK4HEELS:
I am pretty sure James will start at center and get major minutes but if that does not work I could see a Britt, Paige, Jackson, Tokoto and Johnson on the court. All five of these guys can run so the offense eould be ok. Defense let Tokoto play the 4 because he can jump with anyone. That would leave Hicks, Berry and James to sub when needed Simmons could give some minutes.
I would go with Brice & Hicks in the starting lineup, we have done this before with Hicks seeming to really enbrace the starting opportunity.

Originally posted by DSouthr:
I would go with Brice & Hicks in the starting lineup, we have done this before with Hicks seeming to really enbrace the starting opportunity.
Yup. Starters will be Paige, Tokoto, Jackson, Johnson, and Hicks.

[Edit:] Shows what I know! LOL. Nice game from James today.
This post was edited on 3/11 5:24 PM by Raising Heel

Originally posted by IDUNK4HEELS:
Everyone might wish Berry would start over Britt but Coach Williams is very loyal to his upper classmen.
Do you remember the last BC game?
Their guards abused Nate... badly. The scouting report on him is "take him to the hole".
They did.

Anyone know if ACC tourney games will be streamed online anywhere besides ESPN3? (Blocked at work)

This post was edited on 3/11 1:26 PM by G0B1GRED

Alternatively, you can dowload the ACC app to your phone or tablet. I have it on my iPad, which I brought to work with me today. In the upper right-hand corner of the main page is a TV icon that says "Live." Clicking that will give you a drop-down menu of Tournament games (numbered as game 3, game 4 [UNC vs. Boston College], etc.).

Hope that helps.

gary, I love Berry too but come on man. You act like he has been all world. One game Britt is better-next one Berry is. Not a lot of difference at this point.

Having said that, Berry WILL be much improved by next season, injury-sickness set him way back.

I think Berry is always better on D and running offense than Britt. Shooting is another matter but I'd always take my chances with Berry.

Originally posted by mikeirbyusa:
gary, I love Berry too but come on man. You act like he has been all world. One game Britt is better-next one Berry is. Not a lot of difference at this point.
Sorry Mikey. Absolutely false. The difference is night and day.

Always has been in your eyes but not in reality. Celing? Shute yeah, Berry will get there and already would have if not for the injury-sickness. !

Originally posted by gary-7:
Britt is playing better than Berry so far today . .

Honestly, THRILLED we have both. Britt is closing in on 40& from 3 AFTER switching hands.

Honestly, THRILLED we have both. Britt is closing in on 40& from 3 AFTER switching hands.
As am I . . . !

Originally posted by BillyL:

Welp... at the end of first half:
J.Berry at PG (8:31) - 22 points 2.6 PPM
Others at PG (11:29) - 21 points 1.8 PPM

Originally posted by BillyL:

Welp... at the end of first half:
J.Berry at PG (8:31) - 22 points 2.6 PPM
Others at PG (11:29) - 21 points 1.8 PPM
No 'welp' there, Gary . .

When I posted that(so far today), Britt was much more productive. Which is why Roy yanked Berry from the game after he went 0-1 FG, 0-2 FT and 1 TO in all of 2 minutes of court time.

Just sayin' . .

Berry playing with focus, looking sharp this 2nd half.
He is indeed . . . for the first few minutes he was in, I thought we were looking at another dOOk game effort from Berry.

Regardless of who's playing better today, Berry is the future of this team and should be getting more burn than Britt (and should have been for the majority of the year) to prepare him for that.

Once we get to the tougher games in the big dance, play whoever is playing better at that time

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT