ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Clemson game thread——Saturday 6 2024

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
Two top20 teams clash at LittleJohn and it will be the battle of two completely different offensive styles as UNC likes to run and quickly get into their offensive sets while Clemson is more of a half court team.

Like Carolina, Clemson has upperclassmen who have been in many battles and know how to score. Hall, Girard and Hunter are the big three for the Tigers and they can all shoot the three ball as the team makes about 10 a contest and that includes Hall who is a big man but is very deadly from downtown.

Covering Hall may be the big problem because he is very talented both inside and outside and I do not believe Coach Davis wants Bacot playing outside of the lane. Carolina might consider playing Ingram and Withers straight up on Hall instead of Bacot.

Ryan vs Girard should also be fun to watch because they are seasoned vets who can shoot from way out as well as drive and get fouled. Hunter will probably be matched against Davis except when Trimble is in for Cadeau.

Miami beat Clemson because the Hurricanes like last year played one big and 4 shooters and Clemson has absolutely nobody that could slow down or stop Pack who repeatedly had open mid range shots in the lane. RJ Davis hopefully can do the same thing.

The Tar Heels played well against Pittsburgh’s outside shooting and to keep the game close at Clemson they will have to play strong D on the perimeter yet again…

Ingram has to contribute some points earlier than 5 minutes left in the game and Washington, Trimble and Withers need to bring some energy and points off the bench.

Hall fouled out against Miami so hopefully Bacot can get some looks down in the blocks to either score or get Hall in foul trouble. Armando as of late is not getting many shots at the basket and about half of his points are now coming from his much improved free throw shooting.

I do believe Cadeau could be a game changer by looking for his shot and especially going to the hole hard like Trimble has done the last two games where he could score, get fouled or pass off to Bacot for a flush.

After the win on the road at Pittsburgh Carolina comes in with lots of confidence so the crazy crowd should not be a problem. It should be a very close contest with no prisoners taken either way…

Tough D and REBOUND. 60% of the time, it works every time! 😆

Let's go Heels!!

Yes I agree with all...

Additionally:
1.) Cant afford slow start...need to hit them quick to control home crowd.
2.) Amando must do work when operating around the rim!! PJ fouled out last nignt...lets make it a 2fer!
3.) Mr Ryan Cormac...Its time, Sir! Damn!! GD' defense though hE hE!
4.) Heavy dose of Tremble on Giraredt, make his night as miserble as possible and force him into shooting long 2s.

Last edited:
Ryan BOOM from the far left corner, Wiggins counters, Carolina scores, Clemson counters on a driving layup by Hunter but Ryan a soft jumper 11-6

Reactions: Geth
That call wouldn’t have been made against RJ. Officials shouldn’t be that suggestible but have to adjust because they obviously are.

If I'm an opposing coach, getting EC in foul trouble is my first check list item. Once he's on the bench I lock down on RJ and double Mando every touch.

EC's (CONTINUED) foul troubles make us a much less dangerous team.

Reactions: Heelicious
If I never saw any of these player play and I was at a park and based everything on a visual I would pick Withers 1st

I would be wrong

A strange start. Clemson came into the game like 300th in the country in free throw rate. But we can’t stop fouling them!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT