ADVERTISEMENT

NCAAT thread (non-UNC games)

THN -- for future reference, this is why you don't go into public accounting. You'll find a similar problem around this time of year.

THN -- for future reference, this is why you don't go into public accounting. You'll find a similar problem around this time of year.
I'll just use my quadrupled salary (I make shit right now) and take that Thursday and Friday PTO.

All streaming is blocked. They're on their Internet like a freaking prison here.
Geez. FIGHT THE MAN, BRO!

I'll just use my quadrupled salary (I make shit right now) and take that Thursday and Friday PTO.

You keep telling yourself that. lol. It's "tax time" PTO is often times not allowed until after April 15th.

But good luck. haha

lol Just as I sent that, they send out a company-wide email noting that streaming is not permitted on work PC's, and if you want to watch the games, use the TV's in the break rooms as time permits.

You gotta hand it to these mid-major lower level teams, they don't get half the resources or the recruits, yet somehow, every year, at least two or three of them pull an upset over a team they'd never beat under normal circumstances. That's why I love this tournament. Completely unpredictable, as much as we might try to pick our brackets.

lol Just as I sent that, they send out a company-wide email noting that streaming is not permitted on work PC's, and if you want to watch the games, use the TV's in the break rooms as time permits.
Kindly explain to them that your time DOES permit for the next two weeks, or even three weeks, or just until further notice.

You keep telling yourself that. lol. It's "tax time" PTO is often times not allowed until after April 15th.

But good luck. haha
Ah right right. Well, it'll be worth it to substantially increase my salary.

You gotta hand it to these mid-major lower level teams, they don't get half the resources or the recruits, yet somehow, every year, at least two or three of them pull an upset over a team they'd never beat under normal circumstances. That's why I love this tournament. Completely unpredictable, as much as we might try to pick our brackets.
Totally agree. Another reason is, at its essence, basketball is one of the simplest sports. It's also a sport where "hustle" and "want-to" can really really help a team that's geared up for a game.

In football, you can be as "motivated" as you want, you're just not going to overcome the talent on the other side of the field if you're Western Kentucky and they're Alabama. But in basketball, it's just 5 v 5, and really sometimes it's just you vs. the hoop.

Reactions: coolwaterunc

I'm completely a homer, but I have this UNCW team in the Sweet 16. They are for real.

I honestly think they can go further than that, but I didn't want to risk destroying my bracket.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
had to do some lawerying this morning...all good now, done for the month.

is lavin the color guy for unc-w & uva?...he's pretty good

eta: i should say settling, not lawyering...felt like it though.

Side note -- Illinois is apparently preparing to offer Tony Bennett a $4.8 million per year salary to lure him away from UVA. Good move?

Side note -- Illinois is apparently preparing to offer Tony Bennett a $4.8 million per year salary to lure him away from UVA. Good move?
Good move for Illinois, yes. For Bennett? Ehhh. It's pretty lateral if not a slight step down. It's not really much of a step down in conference though and he has Midwest roots I think.

Virginia had a nice run towards the end of the half to cut into that 14 point lead, now are up 1. Man, this has been a great game to watch . .

Irish seem like they will be able to handle the Tigers.

UNCW boned themselves pretty hard at the FT line. I saw in one instance where they missed both FTs then fouled over-the-back on the rebound to send UVA to the line and they made both.

Reactions: bleeduncblue
If they let TB go over money, it will be one of the worst hiring decisions of all time, IMO.

I agree, but just look at how they hire their football coaches. UVA just doesn't spend the money in the athletic dept that the other ACC schools do.

I agree, but just look at how they hire their football coaches. UVA just doesn't spend the money in the athletic dept that the other ACC schools do.
That's cuz UVA hates football and more importantly, their rich donors don't like football.

Basketball, though, they see as "more admirable" and bruh, UVA is flush with cash. They have more money than UNC.

illinois is a good job...i probably wouldn't leave uva for it if i didn't care about money, but it's fertile ground up there.

gregg marshall should take note

Good move for Illinois, yes. For Bennett? Ehhh. It's pretty lateral if not a slight step down. It's not really much of a step down in conference though and he has Midwest roots I think.

I don't know Bennett and I've never been to Champaign, IL. But with that said, I still feel confident in saying that Bennett is not leaving Charlottesville to go coach at Illinois. The ACC is a much better conference and Charlottesville is regularly ranked as one of the coolest cities in America. Throw in the fact that UVa is an exponentially better school academically with a far better reputation and there is literally no reason I can think of that would entice Bennett to leave UVa. At this point, I don't even think Bennett leaves UVa for the Wisconsin job if it were to come available. He loves it there and is the perfect fit for the Hoos.

It would be nice if Bennett turned them down and then Illinois got moo's first choice or if Bennett leaves, UVA getting moo's first choice. You can never have too much embarrassment for them.

I could, but I'm using my phone to poast on here because, you guessed it, this site is blocked too.

In all seriousness...companies that don't understand that today / tomorrow are bigger sports holidays than Super Bowl Sunday for (true) sports fans should kindly GFT.

Here's an example of what such a company's exec may look like -- have those TPS reports done by 5p:

adlerjpg-aa07304379b78f3a.jpg

Reactions: bleeduncblue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT