ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2017-18

We didn't cheat. We operated within the rules of the NCAA.

Feelsgoodman

I mean, you can call anything "cheating". When a lineman holds a defender, that's cheating. Are we branding probably 10 players every game cheaters now?

As THN pointed out above - they didn't even have proper evidence of the balls being outside the PSI range. And even if they did - hows is that any different from when the Panthers used heaters to heat up game balls in Minnesota (also "cheating")? Or when the Falcons pumped crowd noise into their stadium.

The Patriots get crapped on because they've won 5 Super Bowls in 15 years and people hate winners. The Panthers and Falcons got a pass because even combined, they still have a big ol' goose egg for Lombardi trophies, and thus no one cares about them.

Oh kinda like the "deflated" footballs that were still within the PSI range? Gotcha.
I mean, you can call anything "cheating". When a lineman holds a defender, that's cheating. Are we branding probably 10 players every game cheaters now?

As THN pointed out above - they didn't even have proper evidence of the balls being outside the PSI range. And even if they did - hows is that any different from when the Panthers used heaters to heat up game balls in Minnesota (also "cheating")? Or when the Falcons pumped crowd noise into their stadium.

The Patriots get crapped on because they've won 5 Super Bowls in 15 years and people hate winners. The Panthers and Falcons got a pass because even combined, they still have a big ol' goose egg for Lombardi trophies, and thus no one cares about them.
Spygate mean nothing?

Lulz, even my Bucs, synonymous with perennial ineptitude, have won a Super Bowl :cool:

super-bowl.jpg

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Lulz, even my Bucs, synonymous with perennial ineptitude, have won a Super Bowl :cool:

super-bowl.jpg

Yup. I think I've mentioned this before - but my secondary baseball and football teams growing up (behind the Sox and Pats obviously) were the Braves and the Bucs. I think it was the uniform change that got me liking the Bucs initially, but really liked them in the Warrick Dunn, Mike Alstott, Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks days.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
I remember him saying something like when he went to hit someone he envisioned 10 of them in a straight line and he had to run through every last one of them. Dude played fearless.
Many of his hits would be illegal now. Actually, most of the hits from that entire 2002-2003 defense would be illegal now.

#pussificationoffootball

Reactions: toophly1124

Hey, at least the Panthers gave you a game. We didn't choke away the Super Bowl like Atlanta did.

People hate the Patriots because they're not above bending rules even if what they do isn't a huge deal. That and you have a pretty boy QB who's too chiseled for his own good, a grump for a coach, and a spoiled, rabid fanbase. When Brady goes and Belichick retires, not a single person outside of New England will be sad to see them go. The Patriots lose and the NFL wins.

Yup. I think I've mentioned this before - but my secondary baseball and football teams growing up (behind the Sox and Pats obviously) were the Braves and the Bucs. I think it was the uniform change that got me liking the Bucs initially, but really liked them in the Warrick Dunn, Mike Alstott, Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks days.
Those boys did their best to punish farve.
I hated seeing green bay come to tampa. Ybor city would be painted God awful green and yellow on Saturday night

Glennon was bad most of the game, but looked pretty good in the 4th quarter. He really does not throw a catchable ball though, and that's one of Trubisky's strengths. A lot of his throws on their final almost-game-winning drive (it stalled on the 5 yard line) were misplaced but receivers made good catches.

So, my fellow Panthers fans. Thoughts on today?

Cam was rusty but got better as the game went on. McCaffrey looked good too but also had a rookie fumble. And that D looks top notch, even if it was against the 49ers.

All in all, a good solid win. We can only get better.

So, my fellow Panthers fans. Thoughts on today?

Cam was rusty but got better as the game went on. McCaffrey looked good too but also had a rookie fumble. And that D looks top notch, even if it was against the 49ers.

All in all, a good solid win. We can only get better.
I agree with that assessment. Cam looked a little better in the second half. And the D was strong.

I felt like they were forcing it to McCaffrey early on, but JStew was still strong in the 2nd half so maybe that strategy will win some games. Get them winded early chasing CM and then bludgeon them with Stewart.

Reactions: coolwaterunc
I agree with that assessment. Cam looked a little better in the second half. And the D was strong.

I felt like they were forcing it to McCaffrey early on, but JStew was still strong in the 2nd half so maybe that strategy will win some games. Get them winded early chasing CM and then bludgeon them with Stewart.

It's a win win in most situations. If they overplay McCaffrey, it opens up the field and Stewart gets more yards. If they don't he gashes them.

I went to the game yesterday. Texans' offensive line sucks (against Jacksonville?!). Defense did a whole lot of nothing too. May be a long year here.

I went to the game yesterday. Texans' offensive line sucks (against Jacksonville?!). Defense did a whole lot of nothing too. May be a long year here.
Despite the loss, that division is winnable for the Texans. The Colts suck without Luck, and even when he returns they aren't a great team. The Jags, Titans, Texans will be fighting it out, but it doesn't look like anybody will run away with the division.

I see that Watson played some; are they gonna make the move now and let him learn on the job?

Despite the loss, that division is winnable for the Texans. The Colts suck without Luck, and even when he returns they aren't a great team. The Jags, Titans, Texans will be fighting it out, but it doesn't look like anybody will run away with the division.

I see that Watson played some; are they gonna make the move now and let him learn on the job?
They put him in early in the second half for the rest of the game. Savage did nothing but get sacked 6 times. At least Watson has some mobility but his passes were off (mostly low). They need to figure out how to target someone other than Hopkins too. I was surprised we didn't throw more screen passes with all the pressure. It was an ugly game.

Proud of NC A&T product Tarik Cohen. Dude is balling out with the Bears. You could tell he was good, even at A&T, when they played us in Kenan a couple years back. He rushed for like 75 yards that day I think. Dude is lightning fast.

I know @Hark_The_Sound_2010 Is with me on this: the NFL is starting to suffer from the leaguewide parity they have so determinedly and intentionally created. The parity results in regular season games meaning very little. NFL regular season games have gotten really boring as a result, except for fantasy purposes.

Feels like 80% of the teams finish with 8 (+/-1) wins. Nothing really matters until December.

ETA: for accuracy sake, I checked the 2016 standings. 13 teams (41%) finished 8-8, 9-7, or 7-9.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT