ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2019-20

IIRC, I heard that in the 19 previous SBs when the best D played the best O, the teams with the best D is 14-5.

I guess it all comes down to the KC online and Mahomes buying enough time to connect with those speedy receivers.

sorta why i chose the 49ers going away...they don’t even blitz much and still get pressure with that line that’s like seven deep...i don’t like them, but they are building something there.

how about these props:
+/- mahomes pass 305 under
+/- rec yards for kittle/kelce 149.5 over
+/- total mahomes pass td’s 2.5 under
+/- total rec yards deebo samuel 54.5 over

source.gif

I wasn’t impressed with much last night. Mahomes looked like doo-doo for the first 3 quarters and even in the 4th, he didn’t really make any super impressive throws. He certainly has a knack for moving around in the pocket and escaping danger. But he didn’t have to win with his arm. Tyreke Hill’s speed is crazy. The Chiefs have under-utilized him this far in his career. He needs to touch the ball 15-20 times per game. The 9ers shit on themselves late with terrible play calling.

All in all, pretty ho-hum Super Bowl for me.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
@Heelicious would you franchise tag dak for $27 and risk losing him for two 1sts, but then try and sign rivers, or sign carr if the raiders cut him for brady?

then take those 1sts and try draft either burrow, tua, or herbert?...it’s being floated on the interwebs.

Reactions: Heelicious
@Heelicious would you franchise tag dak for $27 and risk losing him for two 1sts, but then try and sign rivers, or sign carr if the raiders cut him for brady?

then take those 1sts and try draft either burrow, tua, or herbert?...it’s being floated on the interwebs.
I definitely am in the camp of thinking franchising Dak is the way to go. To me - it doesn’t seem that he has proven himself to be an elite level QB especially during crunch time. He has had enough chances in playoff games or in games to get to the playoffs, where he has failed the test, played poorly.

I don’t know enough about how it works with the risk of losing him if he is franchised. If he is franchised doesn’t that make him off limits to other teams unless Cowboys want to deal him? He’s better in the system than Carr or Rivers would be IMO. And it’s hard to see how cowboys could move up enough to get Burrow. Tua makes me nervous as injury prone. I hope they franchise Dak and he proves over this year on the field including in big games and playoffs he is worth a big time deal.

if he’s franchised and he signs it, he can be traded...for me, i’d be tempted to exclusive rights franchise tag him, let him shop for a team to be traded to; raiders, chargers, dolphins, or whomever needs a qb and will match the average of top qb salaries, then the cowboys get two first round picks.

let’s say this rumor is true about brady being courted by the raiders...they won’t need carr so they shop carr who is still under contract at $21 mill per through 2022...give them a 3rd and play with carr, then evaluate...at this point, carr and dak might be the same player.

Reactions: Heelicious
Ugh, if the Pats trade Brady for Jimmy G, our QB situation will be even worse next year than it was this year. Jimmy G is average, at best.

What's the inside scoop in Patriot land? Bradys probably staying put, isn't he?

If I had to put money on it, I'd bet on him playing for the Patriots again. It's just a messed up situation. He's been fine taking less money than he was worth his whole career so they could put a good team around him. Now, he's decided he wants more money than he's worth (when his family is certainly not hurting for cash), and he'll get pissed at the organization for not putting talent around him which will be more difficult the more money they pay him.

Brady wants recognition and validation for the great work he's done in the past. Belichick likes to get out from players before they drop off. So ultimately Brady wants Belichick to kiss his ass, and Belichick doesn't want to. Kraft will be the one that needs to step in (again, just like he did when Brady wanted Jimmy dealt and Bill didn't want to do it). He'll play mediator and try to get them to meet in the middle, because he sees Tom as worth more to the organization than just his playing ability, which may be possible. Ultimately if they can't play nice, I think this time he sides with the coach over the QB because of the longer shelf life.

If I had to put money on it, I'd bet on him playing for the Patriots again. It's just a messed up situation. He's been fine taking less money than he was worth his whole career so they could put a good team around him. Now, he's decided he wants more money than he's worth (when his family is certainly not hurting for cash), and he'll get pissed at the organization for not putting talent around him which will be more difficult the more money they pay him.

Brady wants recognition and validation for the great work he's done in the past. Belichick likes to get out from players before they drop off. So ultimately Brady wants Belichick to kiss his ass, and Belichick doesn't want to. Kraft will be the one that needs to step in (again, just like he did when Brady wanted Jimmy dealt and Bill didn't want to do it). He'll play mediator and try to get them to meet in the middle, because he sees Tom as worth more to the organization than just his playing ability, which may be possible. Ultimately if they can't play nice, I think this time he sides with the coach over the QB because of the longer shelf life.

All accurate.

you don’t think bill wants prove he can win with another qb?...dalton, newton, prescott, winston, flacco, mariota, rivers, tannehill, fitzmagic, are all possible targets.

dalton is interesting to me.

you don’t think bill wants prove he can win with another qb?...dalton, newton, prescott, winston, flacco, mariota, rivers, tannehill, fitzmagic, are all possible targets.

dalton is interesting to me.
I don't know if Bill needs to prove anything, but I think he's perfectly fine taking one of those guys at a better value than overpaying Tom. If the Patriots overpay Brady it'll be because Kraft big dicked everyone. If they get Brady at a reasonable number I'm sure Bill is more than happy to keep the band together for one more run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT