ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina basketball discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks bleak right now.

At least Marcus found his shot again. The refs calling EVERYTHING sorta precipitated some of the soft play. That wasn't the culprit for being out-hustled, but it does affect your performance.

Nate was sorely missed. This team needs all their parts to win now. I've definitely lost confidence in seeing the team go very far in after the regular season. They might be fun for Roy to coach, but they're not much fun to watch these days. 2 losses in a row in the conference does not bode well at all.
Yes the refs were calling it tight. Adjust and STOP using contact when defending. Contest the shot then box the F out and rebound. While I type this post, ND just grabbed another offensive board and tracked down another loose ball.

Marcus looked better tonight but Justin is still lost out there. If he can get his head right, we have a damn good team. Hopefully we will be completely healthy and "right" by March, AND Roy will tighten up the bench when it matters most. I still feel like we are a Final Four team but we gotta get tougher in crunch time.

Team is in full reverse. We stand to really be embarrassed before its all said and done unless roy pulls a golden horseshoe and rabbits foot out his behind

Key to beating UNC, drive inside for a dozen free fouls a game. And 1s for everyone

In my best Radar voice, "Roy will have this team rolling by March! Color me not worried."

This team will be going home before the round of 8. Too inconsistent and not tough enough to punch back when the fight gets thick.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
In my best Radar voice, "Roy will have this team rolling by March! Color me not worried."
Not Radar enough! You didn't chastise everyone who dared to say one negative word about the team / Roy, then suggest their school allegiance lies with Duke.

This team will be going home before the round of 8. Too inconsistent and not tough enough to punch back when the fight gets thick.
Quite true. It's alarming how this team completely falls apart when the other team gets momentum. Complete capitulation.

Reactions: UNC '92
Roy lost yesterday's game. Despite Jackson sucking and general lackluster play from the entire team, Roy f*cked it up with some of the dumbest substitution patterns I've ever seen.

Oh yeah, and the officiating was as one-sided as I've seen in recent memory. Someone find the last time a UNC team (mind you, a team that scores 50% of their points in the paint where foul calls are more likely to happen) shot 15 less FTs than their opponent.

Reactions: Raising Heel
yeah, I get that. A little more grit and we are 22 - 1, and looking like the solid no. 1
Not to mention in firm control of the ACC regular season crown too.

But yeah, I'm OK with the Louisville loss but the Texas and ND both really irk me. It's not like we fought valiantly but came up short in those two contests. Instead, we failed to match the other team/s intensity and once the other team started making a comeback, we wilted and went timidly into the night. Frustrating.

This team is on the cusp of being the most disappointing squad since 93-94

This team is on the cusp of being the most disappointing squad since 93-94
Pretty much. The lineup switch was colossally stupid. The message sent was double-doubles aren't cutting it. Whatever Brice's issues at times, it beats having anyone else start in his place. And its not even close. It did not, in fact, light any kind of a fire underneath him tonight.

Pretty much. The lineup switch was colossally stupid. The message sent was double-doubles aren't cutting it. Whatever Brice's issues at times, it beats having anyone else start in his place. And its not even close. It did not, in fact, light any kind of a fire underneath him tonight.

Bingo.

I cannot believe we are getting punked and showboated on by BC. This team is just lost in so many ways.

And anyone who thinks fat Meeks is going pro is insane.

Even if we squeak out a win, which I doubt, it is still pathetic. We are struggling to beat a team that was questionable to win a single game in the ACC. This is beyond absurd.

Reactions: gunslingerdick
The only possible positive was the first good game out of Jackson since last March. If this gets him going, then I will take it.

I also want to see ol Roy get so pissed off at the officiating that he gets a tech. There is way too much bullshit going against us theae days.

Reactions: BillyL
And what happened to Roy? Vertigo getting worse?

I believe that Roy exerted himself a bit more on the sidelines tonight than he usually has to . . he also didn't look very happy with whatever comment that Jamie Luckie offered up to him.

Jackson was outstanding, which was good to see. Paige made a clutch three, which was good to see. That is about it as far as 'good'. Like some of you have said, the lineup to start the game was baffling. I get sitting Meeks as he has struggled in a number of areas. Brice needs to start every game. The entire frontcourt was pretty terrible in basically every facet. I also disagree with not starting Jackson, though I know some thought Pinson should start.

Our bigs continue to struggle with ball screens and continue to foul too much. I get that we are not getting calls on our end and I agree with that. However, most of our fouls are legit (not all but most).

I really thought that eventually this team would get back to the way they played earlier in the year. Even that would be enough to give them a shot at making a great run in March. I'm started to think they may not though.

I'll read this today at work. Thank you. I constantly hear this mentioned in broadcasts and have no clue what it means.

Not surprising though because I'll admit it's impossible for me to grasp basketball X's and O's. To me it always just looks like free-form chaos. I watch enough Carolina ball that you'd think I'd grasp it, but I don't.

Yeah, contoled chaos. There is much that escapes me with basketball. Fouling never makes since to me. Seems the foul Calli g is ticky tacky at best. Position and location of the hands are keys, but many calls simply don't calculate to me. The older I get I learn more. But not to the point of watching each game over and over. Just not my thing

For a while now, there has been some discontent with our starting lineup. 'Bench Meeks' . . . 'Start Hicks' . . 'Jackson doesn't deserve to start' . . 'James shouldn't see the court' . . all that and more coming from our fans. We wanted changes.
Roy gives us changes in an attempt to get our guys to focus on defense and give a 110% full game EFFORT, and most of the message board fanbase want to crucify him for it.

#ficklefans

Reactions: Grayhead
Didn't watch a lick of the BC game last night. It was a much more enjoyable evening for me. Appears as though it was a nail-biter against the last-placed ACC squad.

Billy, that is why the thread on ootb has been a breath of fresh air. I hope the trolls on radar fail to locate it. We will quickly be told how wrong we are for "complaining" about UNC.
I want them to win more than anyone else, but I do acknowledge there is an obvious problem with the team

For a while now, there has been some discontent with our starting lineup. 'Bench Meeks' . . . 'Start Hicks' . . 'Jackson doesn't deserve to start' . . 'James shouldn't see the court' . . all that and more coming from our fans. We wanted changes.
Roy gives us changes in an attempt to get our guys to focus on defense and give a 110% full game EFFORT, and most of the message board fanbase want to crucify him for it.

#ficklefans
I haven't called for one or the other because I'm not smart enough to know what will work. What I DO want is for Roy and his staff to figure out what buttons to press, and press them! We're regressing at a frightening rate right now, and it's about to be mid-February. Time is starting to run out for us to figure out how to operate at maximum efficiency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT