ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB NCAA Tournament Challenge

What is TN doing?
choking.jpg

not counting 8/9 games, I got Murray State too; and three 10's correct (Minn, Iowa, Fla). I also had Belmont (11 seed) over Maryland - close but no cigar for me. Dammit.
I had Murray State and Belmont too. I wish they would've pulled it out. I missed on Minn and Iowa. I guess I've underestimated Big 10.

In our family home bracket (me, my wife, 3 kids) - we earn our name on the plaque on the wall if we win the bracket. People get 2 points for first round win, 4 for second round, etc.
But we give incentive to picking upsets in first two rounds. (not counting play in games):

(higher seed - lower seed) x 0.25 = bonus points.
So picking correctly on three 10s over 7s and one 12 over 5 would get you 4 bonus points, so equivalent of two more correct selections
(12-5, 10-7, 10-7,10-7 = 7+3+3+3 = 16) x0.25 = 4
We've tweaked this over the years and it seems pretty fair to not overly reward upset picks but give extra incentive to pick some upsets.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
I bet there were some tight buttholes on the UVA bench in the first half lol
LOL exact perfect description. Bennett especially had to be sweating bricks. What if the whole team had seized up and quit playing well at all (like they did in tourney last year, and in ACCT this year)? Lucky for Bennett and the whole UVA program they snapped out of it.

Reactions: uncboy10
LOL exact perfect description. Bennett especially had to be sweating bricks. What if the whole team had seized up and quit playing well at all (like they did in tourney last year, and in ACCT this year)? Lucky for Bennett and the whole UVA program they snapped out of it.

I’m guessing Bennett tore those tight buttholes wide open in the locker room at halftime hahah

Reactions: Heelicious
Is it too late to turn in my bracket?
Just kidding. I'm sure I've missed more games than a lot of people. I do have all my S16 still alive. I had Oregon going to S16 which looks decent now.
The only thing I really think i screwed up is picking Wofford all the way to the Elite 8. I doubt they get past Kentucky tomorrow.

I refuse to watch dook games but is it true that cbs has a zion cam following his every move / nose pick / butt scratch?
Wouldn't surprise me.
Seriously - I have a healthy and righteous hate for Zion because Dook.... but I'm sure he isn't a bad kid at all. We wanted him here.

Its not fair to him. At some point he should just tell the media "stop already with the 24/7 hardons".

It is insulting to every other fan base and every other sports player past, present and future. Nobody in any other sport ever has recieved this over-the-top, saturating coverage. It makes me want to turn the channel or leave the site every time i see him.

It's mostly Zion worship, but in some ways, its Dook worship, too. Again, they have like the top 5 articles on ESPN college BB every day with some picture or slant being about Dook. Even when releasing all the experts picks, the headline is:

ESPN college BB expert picks - not just Duke

WTF?! Their take is like: "how could somebody be so stupid as to pick anyone other than Duke? Must be a mistake"

Are they that brainwashed that they expect a team that has some holes and weaknesses, no senior leadership, almost no tourney experience, and who has lost five games this year.....supposed to be everyone's unanimous pick? I wonder if even Kentucky when they were undefeated got this sort of slobbering in 2015. It just sickens me, pisses me off. Well, that's too strong. I guess it just chases me away from ESPN the network or site except to check scores.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Wouldn't surprise me.
Seriously - I have a healthy and righteous hate for Zion because Dook.... but I'm sure he isn't a bad kid at all. We wanted him here.

Its not fair to him. At some point he should just tell the media "stop already with the 24/7 hardons".

It is insulting to every other fan base and every other sports player past, present and future. Nobody in any other sport ever has recieved this over-the-top, saturating coverage. It makes me want to turn the channel or leave the site every time i see him.

It's mostly Zion worship, but in some ways, its Dook worship, too. Again, they have like the top 5 articles on ESPN college BB every day with some picture or slant being about Dook. Even when releasing all the experts picks, the headline is:

ESPN college BB expert picks - not just Duke

WTF?! Their take is like: "how could somebody be so stupid as to pick anyone other than Duke? Myust be a mistake"

Are they that brainwashed that they expect a team that has some holes and weaknesses, no senior leadership, almost no tourney experience, and who has lost five games this year.....supposed to be everyone's unanimous pick? I wonder if even Kentucky when they were undefeated got this sort of slobbering in 2015. It just sickens me, pisses me off. Well, that's too strong. I guess it just chases me away from ESPN the network or site except to check scores.
Well said.

I quit watching dook games (except against the Heels) years ago, and it’s done wonders for my state of mental health. :D

Reactions: Heelicious
Dookies look awful so far, go Bison!
Dook will win this game tonight, no doubt. I'd bet all I own in life on it, straight up. But they might not cover.

And why aren't the vaunted greatest team to ever play basketball (this year's blow devils) capable of this sort of performance against a legit opponent? (Answer: they are capable of it).

You'd think if Dook 18-19 were the greatest team to ever play, like we're told, they wouldn't be letting a team from middle of pack of a very weak low-major conference hang with them even for a quarter, let alone a half.

I'm sure when Dook ends up winning tonight - that is all ESPN will run with ..... the magically heroic effort of the overall #1 beating a play-in weakest team in the field, coming off playing a tough game two days ago, and playing near Dook's home turf. Truly epic effort by Zion and the Zions. Worthy of ten articles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT