ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt arrogance

You're confusing this board for a Penn State board, friend.

Really?

The "Pitt Arrogance" thread was started by a UNC fan on the UNC board.

Is it not arrogant for Pitt to claim D1 national championships in an era when they used to play high school and D2 teams?

Really?

The "Pitt Arrogance" thread was started by a UNC fan on the UNC board.

Is it not arrogant for Pitt to claim D1 national championships in an era when they used to play high school and D2 teams?
How many basketball national championship banners are hanging in the Dean Dome? Should they take down the one to the far left, using your logic?

I guess Alabama, USC, Notre Dame, and Michigan et. al who claim championships prior to the 1940s or whatever should all adjust their game day programs, as well.

As someone who lives in Pittsburgh and went to the game. Game wasn't really that close besides the end score. Felt like UNC just coasted at the end and could have scored more if they wanted.

Lots of UNC fans there. Even a Tar Heels chant.

Saw Pitt fans punching their seats and stuff.

That said I like Pitt also. And despite what you see on the boards, normal every day fans don't really care too much about PSU. They haven't had a relevant rivalry in awhile.

It has simmered a tad (a lot) with realignment but generally most hate is directed to WVU.

How many basketball national championship banners are hanging in the Dean Dome? Should they take down the one to the far left, using your logic?

It's made clear that banner is not for a NCAA championship. No rules or regulations exist that govern the hanging of banners.

I guess Alabama, USC, Notre Dame, and Michigan et. al who claim championships prior to the 1940s or whatever should all adjust their game day programs, as well.

They are free to do whatever they want. Who cares?

It's made clear that banner is not for a NCAA championship. No rules or regulations exist that govern the hanging of banners.

They are free to do whatever they want. Who cares?

I completely agree with you and was only suggesting that tongue-in-cheek. I was just pointing out the slight hypocrisy.

Pitt fans are the equivalent of NC State fans. NC State fans HATE UNC more than they love their own program. Ditto the same of Pitt who HATE Penn State more than they love their own program. Take a look at either of their own boards and you will see many post about UNC on NC State board and Penn State on Pitt board.

I come from WVU. We learn to hate Pitt at a very young age. But let me tell you that the arrogance of Pitt is limitless. While I won't say baseless, they did win a championship in my lifetime but it was 40 years ago. Simply put to you on Saturday September 24 I will be wearing the light blue shade. And tough luck on last nights game. My buddy took his son. They are heartbroken. What a game though, one we will never forget.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
One way to cure their arrogance is to kick their butts all over the football field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT