ADVERTISEMENT

Portal Watch... 2022

S

This happened last year with the Marquette front court.
True, I had forgotten about Theo John. Then again, so did K for much of the season.

I doubt John transferred to Duke to be a distant second thought for most of his final college year. Probably thought he'd be showcased on a bright stage.

Probably good that K retired. What prospective transfer would trust him after that? I mean it's not like John was chump change. Yet he didn't start a single game and his minutes dropped from 26 to 11.

In his shoes, I'd be pissed. Admittedly, Mark Williams had a fine year. But only 11 minutes? Get real.

If we land Nance, there could be an added element of interest when we play Duke, because they got PF Ryan Young - who is also from Northwestern. More of an inside player than Nance, but put up comparable numbers to Nance (except from deep, where it looks like Young rarely ventured).

Young has 2 years left, so that could be a pretty good get for Scheyer.
Ryan Young isn't a PF. At Northwestern Nance was the starting Center, and Young was the backup Center.

I can’t wait for this “Portal” to close so we know what our final team is composed of. The speculations, inside information, and out right guesses are interfering with my ability to relax!
If you went through what it was like before the 2008/2009 team was official, you can handle this one. Shout out still to that police officer who pulled over Ty 😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT