ADVERTISEMENT

Quick stuff (Pitt game)...

Pitt did show some Dookie moves. Lots of hands, elbow wings, moving picks. The rims could not have been tighter. Capel worked the refs. Despite all that the Heels kept their focus and defended well. UNC did not let Pitt get an edge. All the little things add up. Good win. Will have to do it again at Clemson.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS and gary-7
Clemson has a test tonight. Will be interesting to see how that goes. I don’t think they have played the competition the Heels have. Saturday will be interesting
Weird spot for them tonight. Trip to Miami before the game against us. Wouldn't be surprised if they lost outright or won close. Just a weird spot for them. I know everyone will say it's the ACC opener, but we looked sluggish in a sandwich spot against Florida State too.

Weird spot for them tonight. Trip to Miami before the game against us. Wouldn't be surprised if they lost outright or won close. Just a weird spot for them. I know everyone will say it's the ACC opener, but we looked sluggish in a sandwich spot against Florida State too.
Weird or not, they haven’t played the competition we have. Neither had Pitt.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I jumped out of my chair during that sequence! EC absolutely stoned that bully and left him whining to the ref, ironically about physical play, lol!

The most surprising aspect to me was that the ref got the call correct!!!

Hate to have Clempsun coming off a loss but it is what it is.
Some teams coming off a loss get woke up from the loss and make it their mission to not allow that again. You see it all the time, a good teams gets upset because they just didn't play as hard as they needed or just had that off night. But other teams, I suspect Clemson falls in to this, may be exposed in how to beat them because they are not as strong as was believed. I am not saying Clemson will be easy especially at their place, it will take a solid game from us. Not sure I see any really easy games in the ACC this season, we just beat a Pitt team at their place that can beat any team in the ACC on a given night.

What scares me is Clemson shot like 11/30 from deep. I am expecting them to hit at least 45% against us, just hope it's not a high volume. If they are hitting 15 - 18 3's unless we can really play at a fast pace and get some easy transition baskets it could be bad.

Reactions: adwood81
What scares me is Clemson shot like 11/30 from deep. I am expecting them to hit at least 45% against us, just hope it's not a high volume. If they are hitting 15 - 18 3's unless we can really play at a fast pace and get some easy transition baskets it could be bad.
Their average % for the year is.389 That would have translated into 1 more made 3 against Miami. Think Heels need to play tough D control the boards and limit turnovers and I like their chances against the Tigers

This Clemson team has so far played a really easy schedule, looks to me like they have had what as difficult games, beat bama early, beat Pitt, loss to Memphis and this loss to Miami. That makes me think maybe "paper Tiger" a bit more than others. Sure, we already know PJ is a player, we know Girard can shoot it, and they have another kid that is pretty solid as well. But UNC is not Radford or JMU either...

…and did EC get called for another bogus foul here or just kicking the ball? To go along with his other bogus “foul” where he beat Pitt to the ball on the floor, Pitt guy falls on EC and that’s a foul on EC? It’s not like EC dove into Pitt guys legs and undercut him.
That was definitely not a foul on EC. That loose ball was his. O'Connell flat blew that one.

I wanted them to come back and win an emotional game for sure, but our team has convinced me that they can handle peeps' best shot. If we can continue to play the hard-nosed D I have seen lately, we will be fine. If our shots start falling as well, we will thrive!
I would also rather them to have won for various reasons, but they will be tough at home. As proud as I am of our guys for prevailing in a rock-fight at Pitt, I'll stress it again --- tempo, tempo, tempo

They didn't hit from three partly because of how good our defense played.
Completely agree- especially Hinson. I got so tired of Corey Alexander continuously talking about how off they were vs the D we were playing and very little about Cormac or Ingram being off. He did mention Ingram's shooting percentage but if either of those guys much less both were on it would have been a blow away.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS and gary-7
Completely agree- especially Hinson. I got so tired of Corey Alexander continuously talking about how off they were vs the D we were playing and very little about Cormac or Ingram being off. He did mention Ingram's shooting percentage but if either of those guys much less both were on it would have been a blow away.
Yep. Our looks were better across the board.

Watched it this afternoon and a lot of our early shots were really good looks that didn’t drop.
I think it is is really noticeable how much better the shot quality over all is this season as compared to last, we seemed to have had to really manufacture even decent shots, the shot quality was very poor last season. Now of course, most of that was a severe lack of movement, both the foot kind as well as ball movement. Lot of guys standing around watching to see what Caleb and RJ were going to do. This season the ball is moving, not nearly as much pounding the ball thru the floor. We have shooter threats even if that shooter is not making a great % right now, like you are not gonna leave Ryan wide open, it allows us to spread the floor and defenses have to pick their poison. Players are moving their feet much better and I do think there is still a good deal of improvement there that can be made, there are still to many times they seem to watch RJ rather than move, work in progress.

WE are getting a lot of clean looks now, even if our shooting isn't exactly what it could be, you keep getting good shooters good looks and eventually those shots will drop. One of my favorite phrases last season was that we seemed to often to be playing 3 on 5 on the offensive end and we were constantly in half court. WE are 5 on 5 now even when we go deep in to our bench, that is where those good looks are coming from.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT