ADVERTISEMENT

Rosanne tweets end her show

Don't let the fact that Roseanne offered an apology bother anyone here . . I do love that she is now off the air, the fatass racist, no singing pig that she is . . !

It, was also nice to see that MO Gov. Greitens finally admit to his wrongdoing and resign.

What a great day this has been . .

:)

Reactions: SorryNotSorry
She's not conservative, but white people can't compare black people to monkeys no matter what they are.
Well, you CAN, but you face the consequences... as we have seen. I don't think Roseanne lost her show because she is an alleged Trump supporter AND made the inappropriate comment. I am still trying to understand what her problem was with Jarrett that she'd even consider that kind of comment.

I'm trying to imagine a "conservative" comic. I mean, conservatism, by its very nature, doesn't really allow for a lot of comedy and satire/parody. That doesn't mean that people who insist they are conservatives can't have a sense of humor. They definitely can. I'd be willing to bet that when their sense of humor shows-up, that's part of their liberal nature making a cameo!

National Lampoon, for example. In the 70's? Man, that outfit was the shit. I have bought old issues and it is incredible stuff. I guess they'd be considered "liberal" because they were attacking the status quo.

she told howard stern she did and that her and goodman don’t talk politics, at all...not sure why she would put that out there with him in studio on the howard stern show.
To stay relevant. Where was she before Trump? Look at what she has said and done up until 5 minutes after Trump declared.

Dennis Miller and Tim Allen. There have been a few SNL people say they are as well.
When Dennis Miller was doing his stand-up, I never took him to be conservative at all. He was intellectual, for sure. But, it never resonated as conservative. I've got an old "Black & White" cassette... I'll have to listen to it again.

Tim Allen was never funny to me. Roseanne was never funny to me.

When Dennis Miller was doing his stand-up, I never took him to be conservative at all. He was intellectual, for sure. But, it never resonated as conservative. I've got an old "Black & White" cassette... I'll have to listen to it again.

Dennis started out as a liberal, but he has said many times that he considers himself a conservative now. He's mentioned 9/11 as one of the things that caused him to become a conservative.

I think what you're really trying to say here is you envision a conservative comedian sounding like a bigot who hates non-whites and poors. Like an Archie Bunker type but doing stand-up.

Am I close?

Don't let the fact that Roseanne offered an apology bother anyone here . . I do love that she is now off the air, the fatass racist, no singing pig that she is . . !

It, was also nice to see that MO Gov. Greitens finally admit to his wrongdoing and resign.

What a great day this has been . .

:)
I realize you're most likely just trying to play into the character you've created for yourself to use on this board, but if the above are truly things that have allowed you to have a great day..... well, you derive pleasure from interesting things.

I'm trying to imagine a "conservative" comic. I mean, conservatism, by its very nature, doesn't really allow for a lot of comedy and satire/parody. That doesn't mean that people who insist they are conservatives can't have a sense of humor. They definitely can. I'd be willing to bet that when their sense of humor shows-up, that's part of their liberal nature making a cameo!
This is the single most preposterous thing I've ever read on this board. Holy moly.

Ya, I disagree that liberals get passes for racism and that conservatives don't. It really has nothing to do with which political leaning you have, and everything to do with which race you're "attacking" in the joke.

You're not wrong. The "leftists" who throw around "white male" as a pejorative while simultaneously trying to end people's careers over a single off color remark are making it impossible for us to move forward on race related issues.

This is the single most preposterous thing I've ever read on this board. Holy moly.

Pretty much every study ever done on personality and politics has shown that people's personality traits strongly correlate with how they vote. And more conservative people are generally less creative, but more orderly. It's an empirical fact that pretty much all of the performing arts are dominated by liberal minded people. Comedy included.

Reactions: strummingram
To stay relevant. Where was she before Trump? Look at what she has said and done up until 5 minutes after Trump declared.

you should research her statements, tweets, etc and check the timeline.

she’s not commenting on stern to stay relevant, she’s on stern because she’s relevant.

Reactions: Louigi
I'm sorry that you're so easily shocked. Maybe you're still new here. Or, it could be your youth. I know a lot of people like to play the Age Card with uncboy.

I think what you're really trying to say here is you envision a conservative comedian sounding like a bigot who hates non-whites and poors. Like an Archie Bunker type but doing stand-up.

Am I close?
I don't envision a conservative comedian at all. That's just it. The conservative impulses in a person wouldn't be the ones that invigorate pushing boundaries of thought and perception. Conservative = Stay The Same.

I couldn't imagine a real "conservative" comic. But, I see you managed to envision one. And, the one you envisioned is pretty telling about your line of thought. I doubt a bigot onstage is very funny. Making fun of a bigot (like Norman Lear and O'Connor did with Archie Bunker) was fvcking hilarious.

Pretty much every study ever done on personality and politics has shown that people's personality traits strongly correlate with how they vote. And more conservative people are generally less creative, but more orderly. It's an empirical fact that pretty much all of the performing arts are dominated by liberal minded people. Comedy included.
I'm certain there are exceptions. But, I still believe that the creative element is a "liberal" impulse. I don't even think that (liberal) is an accurate reference. I think that the creative element is born from an impulse to add something, include something, bring something into reality that doesn't presently exist. That is sort of the antithesis of "conservative." Conservative is more of a "keep everything just as it is now" philosophy.

I'm certain there are exceptions. But, I still believe that the creative element is a "liberal" impulse. I don't even think that (liberal) is an accurate reference. I think that the creative element is born from an impulse to add something, include something, bring something into reality that doesn't presently exist. That is sort of the antithesis of "conservative." Conservative is more of a "keep everything just as it is now" philosophy.
You're confusing age with political beliefs again. You must have forgotten all of that science I showed you last time this discussion came up.

Reactions: gunslingerdick
you should research her statements, tweets, etc and check the timeline.

she’s not commenting on stern to stay relevant, she’s on stern because she’s relevant.
You're killing me smalls. You should research what she believed before Trump. She was anti israeI, supported gay marriage and ran as a green party candidate. Those are just a few of her beliefs before Trump. Last time I checked that's not exactly a conservative belief system. As far as her tweets go, she deleted her tweets from before Trump. I didn't say she's commenting on stern to stay relevant. I'm saying she made those comments to get relevant again so she could be on stern.

Anyways, this is a dumb argument so I'm going to just step away for it.

You're killing me smalls. You should research what she believed before Trump. She was anti israeI, supported gay marriage and ran as a green party candidate. Those are just a few of her beliefs before Trump. Last time I checked that's not exactly a conservative belief system. As far as her tweets go, she deleted her tweets from before Trump. I didn't say she's commenting on stern to stay relevant. I'm saying she made those comments to get relevant again so she could be on stern.

Anyways, this is a dumb argument so I'm going to just step away for it.

maybe that was her act to stay relevant in hollywood.

eta: i’m okay that you support trump, hell, i don’t care...however, he’s a piece of shit, and he’s not helping the division in this country.

Last edited:
Reactions: HEELS1984
You're confusing age with political beliefs again. You must have forgotten all of that science I showed you last time this discussion came up.
So, being conservative is going to result in lots of changes and lots of new things?

I never mentioned age in any of this discussion.

eta: i’m okay that you support trump, hell, i don’t care...however, he’s a piece of shit, and he’s not helping the division in this country.

I don’t disagree. But what should he be doing (specifically) that would help the division in this country?

I'm sorry that you're so easily shocked. Maybe you're still new here. Or, it could be your youth. I know a lot of people like to play the Age Card with uncboy.

Don’t forget he’s still in college at a major research university. That’s a sure fire wire to really insult someone

There absolutely are exceptions and people also are always “liberal” to some degree, even if they only think it’s themselves that should have the liberty. The actual trait is referred to as openness in personality testing. Obviously people who are more open minded will find creativity to be less of a challenge.

The other issue is that a lot of people are liberal despite using the word as an insult. Being liberal simply means you stand for liberty, and the other liberal principles that go along with it.

That’s exactly what conservatism is. The conservation of traditional values and norms. Which we absolutely need. I don’t want the first amendment to go anywhere anytime soon.

Generally speaking, more liberal minded people help us progress, and more conservative minded people make sure that we don’t throw the baby out with the bath water while we move forward. I like the old saying, “liberals build companies, and conservatives run them.”

Don’t forget he’s still in college at a major research university. That’s a sure fire wire to really insult someone
? You know what school I went to bro. If this was supposed to be an insult to me, you'll have to elaborate because I don't follow. Especially since you go to a major research university yourself.

How am I playing the age card? @uncboy10 and I are, at the most, 4 years apart in age. And I wasn't even referring to him. I was referring to YOUR comment.

I'm not easily shocked. I'm just laughing my ass off that you made a poast saying that if you're 1) a human being and 2) vote Republican, you cannot 3) be funny. That's as absurd as me saying something like "well, if you don't like chocolate, everyone knows you suck at playing guitar."

You're not wrong. The "leftists" who throw around "white male" as a pejorative while simultaneously trying to end people's careers over a single off color remark are making it impossible for us to move forward on race related issues.

Good God, THANK YOU!

I know people with that mindset and it's like talking to a brick wall. Every damn day on FB it's a stupid picture of a tweet or post where it's basically vilifying white men past the point of reason. Like they're the 'real villains' or something.

They don't realize playing the identity politics makes the situation worse not better. Are white men more likely to change the 'error of their ways' when you lump them all in as potential monsters? Hell, no. It causes more resentment and more extremism.

? You know what school I went to bro. If this was supposed to be an insult to me, you'll have to elaborate because I don't follow. Especially since you go to a major research university yourself.

How am I playing the age card? @uncboy10 and I are, at the most, 4 years apart in age. And I wasn't even referring to him. I was referring to YOUR comment.

I'm not easily shocked. I'm just laughing my ass off that you made a poast saying that if you're 1) a human being and 2) vote Republican, you cannot 3) be funny. That's as absurd as me saying something like "well, if you don't like chocolate, everyone knows you suck at playing guitar."

Nah man, we're making fun of the people who play the age card against me incessantly. Someone last week tried to make a joke about me still being school, and I was making fun of that by pointing out how ridiculous it is to try to belittle someone for being at a major research institution regardless of their age.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11

There absolutely are exceptions and people also are always “liberal” to some degree, even if they only think it’s themselves that should have the liberty. The actual trait is referred to as openness in personality testing. Obviously people who are more open minded will find creativity to be less of a challenge.

The other issue is that a lot of people are liberal despite using the word as an insult. Being liberal simply means you stand for liberty, and the other liberal principles that go along with it.

That’s exactly what conservatism is. The conservation of traditional values and norms. Which we absolutely need. I don’t want the first amendment to go anywhere anytime soon.

Generally speaking, more liberal minded people help us progress, and more conservative minded people make sure that we don’t throw the baby out with the bath water while we move forward. I like the old saying, “liberals build companies, and conservatives run them.”

Perhaps 'classical liberalism' might be a better term. I think that word is used far more to describe someone who is left wing, which is not necessarily the same thing as being liberal.

Btw, I like your points about conservatism as well. Often, things work best in a balance, not skewed one way or the other.

Nah man, we're making fun of the people who play the age card against me incessantly. Someone last week tried to make a joke about me still being school, and I was making fun of that by pointing out how ridiculous it is to try to belittle someone for being at a major research institution regardless of their age.
Ohhhhh lol whoops, I totally missed that exchange. I think it's funny the age card gets played on you since I'm probably only like 4 years old (?) and @heelz2345 Is the same age as me.

ETA: LOLOL I meant to say I'm only 4 years older than you, but sometime I do act like I'm 4 years old as well.

Last edited:
How am I playing the age card? and I are, at the most, 4 years apart in age. And I wasn't even referring to him. I was referring to YOUR comment.

You aren't playing any age card. That was referring to others here that use that to try and discredit uncboy frequently. He must be full of shit because he'ss young. It's a dubious statement and I wasn't being serious when I mentioned it regarding you, either.

I never said (NEVER) that "if you vote republican you can't be funny." How in the hell you boiled-it-down to that overly-simplified conclusion is beyond me, but doesn't surprise me.

It has nothingl to do with who you vote for at all. I'm talking about creative impulses in yourself and anyone. I wasn't even really trying to associate political views with this at all. But, I'm sure it does play a role. I think uncboy made it much more clear regarding the creative-minded, artistic-driven kind of person/people.

"Pretty much every study ever done on personality and politics has shown that people's personality traits strongly correlate with how they vote. And more conservative people are generally less creative, but more orderly. It's an empirical fact that pretty much all of the performing arts are dominated by liberal minded people. Comedy included."

If this were so easily refuted, then you'd have a list of "conservative comics" and conservative comedy shows that you could refer (past and present) to that would prove that there is, and always has been, an abundance of conservative minds creating edgy satire and parody. There aren't. In fact, the exact opposite is true. If you see something that is pushing the envelope and breaking new ground, it's not typically conservative-based. Of course, that doesn't mean that it can never happen, I'm surer that it does happen sometimes.

It's like Christian Rock. They try to do it, but they end up making Rock Music and Christianity look lame.

I don't really care about Roseanne one way or the other. I thought she was liberal tbh. My wife is disappointed because she likes the show though. Regardless, there are dumb things you can't say and dumb things you can say. She chose the former.

Reactions: tarheel0910
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT