ADVERTISEMENT

Rosanne tweets end her show

obama being a bigot is about as idiotic as anything said on here and i’m including a lot.
At the time I don’t think many people had any idea how it would affect a certain section of our country to have a black president. Maybe the main reason Trump got elected

At the time I don’t think many people had any idea how it would affect a certain section of our country to have a black president. Maybe the main reason Trump got elected
This doesn't really make sense. That section of the country was already voting against Obama, but he easily won. Why all of a sudden would they be the difference in the election? The truth is they were both horrible candidates and it's rare for a party to win three presidential elections in a row.

I'm a little disappointed that not only is there a thread about Roseanne on OOTB, but it has somehow managed to stay pretty much on topic for the most part after 5 pages. Shouldn't we be talking about getting drunk or what you guys had for lunch by this point?

Obama may not have been a bigot. But he very much liked stirring the racial pot.
The racial pot will always be stirred as long as there is inequality. I know that will bother you because, as far as you care to understand it, it's all good. But, it's not all good.

For being America's "First Black President", he was about as ideal as you could ask for to be that "first one." If he voiced opinions that came from a "black perspective", and that perspective seemed like it was stirring-up race discrimination, then that's at least a mild indicator that equality is not universally recognized. And, even when he did throw-out his 2-cents, it didn't incite riots and cities burning down. The transition was fairly smooth.

In some ways, I think that having to swallow the first woman immediately after the first black guy was asking too much of the American public. Especially if it was Hillary Clinton. That woman has been vilified more than any female in history. She deserves criticism, as we all do. But, Republicans have been petrified of her for 25 years or more.

I was amazed the American public accepted Obama as well as they did because of just his NAME! And, I believe that his name did him no favors. Yes, something as simple as his name raised ire. I know several people who, to this day, are convinced he's a Muslim.

That woman has been vilified more than any female in history
wrong. you mean this woman

giphy.gif

right, because he’s black...a percentage of the country still has a hard time with that...still different than being a bigot.

Has absolutely nothing to do with being black. I would vote for a black man in a minute if he stood for what I believe.

And a bigot is not limited to racism but that's the "perception " of most.

Sarah Palin wishes she had the same spotlight as Hillary Clinton. Keep playing the victim, it suits you.
Hillary loves the spotlight and creates it herself. The left and media went after Palin's entire family. We never hear a peep about Chelsea, etc. remove your liberal lens for a moment.

Hillary loves the spotlight and creates it herself. The left and media went after Palin's entire family. We never hear a peep about Chelsea, etc. remove your liberal lens for a moment.

Yeah because her daughter went around the country moralizing premarital sex and preaching to children, then got knocked up out of wedlock twice. The entire family is a joke.

Let’s also not forget that there are plenty of conservatives that have spent nearly two decades spreading the rumor that Chelsea isn’t even Bill’s daughter so spare us the outrage.

Has absolutely nothing to do with being black. I would vote for a black man in a minute if he stood for what I believe.

And a bigot is not limited to racism but that's the "perception " of most.

you said he was a bigot, not me...you called someone a divisive term, yet have no proof other than saying it has nothing to do with being black.

you’re offering nothing other than opinion...he was a black president that you called a bigot...that needs some explaining unless you can’t, other than disagreeing with his politics...which by the way, is easy for all races, even black.

Let’s also not forget that there are plenty of conservatives that have spent nearly two decades spreading the rumor that Chelsea isn’t even Bill’s daughter so spare us the outrage.

I've never read/heard that that I can recall. Can you cite a source?

Reactions: Louigi
you said he was a bigot, not me...you called someone a divisive term, yet have no proof other than saying it has nothing to do with being black.

you’re offering nothing other than opinion...he was a black president that you called a bigot...that needs some explaining unless you can’t, other than disagreeing with his politics...which by the way, is easy for all races, even black.

G you are such a tool. You said I called someone "a divisive term". Sure I did. Obama did everything he could to divide this country and if you don't accept that you are a naive or a tool.

BTW, thought I would add this:

big·ot·ry
ˈbiɡətrē/
noun
  1. intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.

G you are such a tool. You said I called someone "a divisive term". Sure I did. Obama did everything he could to divide this country and if you don't accept that you are a naive or a tool.

big·ot·ry
ˈbiɡətrē/
noun
Do you realize the irony, or at least the blatant contradiction, of what you wrote?

and if you don't accept that you are a naive or a tool.
big·ot·ry
ˈbiɡətrē/
noun

Do you realize the irony, or at least the blatant contradiction, of what you wrote?

Strum I was responding to gteeitup and I'm fully aware of what I said. I have no problem with you even though we disagree much of the time.

If anyone on this board denies that Obama set out to do what he could to destroy what America has been forever then you are a tool. The man said it himself. Is it that damn hard?

And regards to racial issues he wanted to incite them all day long and that is so obvious it's not up for debate.

And Strum I tolerate your views because you state them in at least a respectful way even though I disagree with most of them.

And Strum I tolerate your views because you state them in at least a respectful way even though I disagree with most of them.
That's cool. I appreciate that. I was just pointing out the contradiction.

big·ot·ry
ˈbiɡətrē/
noun

perfect...now i know you don’t know the examples of two words, bigot and tool...wanna dance anymore?

He said he wanted to "transform America" and his past and beliefs are all I need to know about that. His nut Pastor = "GD America"

I understand that many were impressed with him and his persona and also the first black President and I get all of that. I just wish people could see what he really is. He has stated it many times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT