ADVERTISEMENT

ShitHole

The truth is Obama weathered a really bad storm. He could have done better, but wasn’t nearly as bad as what his detractors would have you believe. At the end, the stock market had recovered, UE was very low, Iraq/Afghanistan cooled off, and corporate balance sheets were ripe.

Whether it was Trump or any other Pub, Tax Reform was getting done. Maybe Infastructure too. But a savvy politician might have torpedoed ACA. Doesn’t look like that’s happening now.
Aca is done. And obama could have gotten the US going earlier if he had a clue. Slowest recovery ever.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Aca is done. And obama could have gotten the US going earlier if he had a clue. Slowest recovery ever.
You think ACA is done? For real?

I do think he could have done more for the economy, but to dismiss him as inept is stupid. Look at what he inherited.

LPGA is not real golf either, duh.

I'll admit I do have a soft spot myself for ribbing the ladies. But they would kick my ass up and down the course like there was no tomorrow. They are ridiculously good golfers. And several of them are pretty damn easy to look at too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Lol. If you're saying that Trump is disabled then you won't get any argument for me.

*from me, “you won’t get any argument from me.”

And no, that’s not really what I was saying. I was simply refuting the point that you were attempting to make that the score wouldn’t count if he couldn’t walk 9 holes. Because he could technically ride the full 18 - lessening the chance of heart attack - and the score would still count even by PGA standards and most certainly for weekend golfer standards. That’s all.

*from me, “you won’t get any argument from me.”

And no, that’s not really what I was saying. I was simply refuting the point that you were attempting to make that the score wouldn’t count if he couldn’t walk 9 holes. Because he could technically ride the full 18 - lessening the chance of heart attack - and the score would still count even by PGA standards and most certainly for weekend golfer standards. That’s all.

Posted from my phone. Thank you for the correction oh wise one.

It absolutely would not count by tour standards unless he had a documented disability.

It also wasn't a point. It was a joke. Grab yourself a step ladder so it doesn't go right over your head next time.

Lol. If you're saying that Trump is disabled then you won't get any argument from me.

Thank you for editing.
Posted from my phone. Thank you for the correction oh wise one.

It absolutely would not count by tour standards unless he had a documented disability.

It also wasn't a point. It was a joke. Grab yourself a step ladder so it doesn't go right over your head next time.

Sorry. I’m used to jokes being humorous.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Ya, he walked into a bottomed stock market, with valuation multiples as low as any since I've been alive. There was literally nowhere to go but up.
Let's not be too naive. The economy, and even the market, could have gotten MUCH WORSE. The whole tab was, as always, hung on the average taxpayer. But, that could have been a lot worse, for a lot longer. I'm somewhat torn about how it was handled and who got bailed out. But... it had further to drop and surpass 1929 and the decade that followed.

i wonder who he inherited that crappy economy from...
bushonomics-chart.gif

I'm not sure that is exclusive to Bush, however. Those operations at the bottom are always running the show- Democrat or Republican. War is an integral part of the US Economy. Our currency is backed by monetized debt and the fact that every drop of oil from the Middle East is sold/traded FIRST in US Dollars. Otherwise, our economy and currency would be worth even less than today.

I'm not sure that is exclusive to Bush, however. Those operations at the bottom are always running the show- Democrat or Republican. War is an integral part of the US Economy.
But what is unique to Bush within and without that flow chart is the utter waste of lives and dollars spent on the unnecessary and fruitless invasion and occupation of Iraq, which explains in part why Obama inherited such a broken economy.

Let's not be too naive. The economy, and even the market, could have gotten MUCH WORSE. The whole tab was, as always, hung on the average taxpayer. But, that could have been a lot worse, for a lot longer. I'm somewhat torn about how it was handled and who got bailed out. But... it had further to drop and surpass 1929 and the decade that followed.

Not true. It could have gotten much worse.

Ok, sure. I guess it could have gotten much worse - if we elected Kim Jong Un and he decided to just start nuking everyone, and all the companies in the country simultaneously decided to close their doors and we became a hunter/gatherer barter society.

But for all intents and purposes, anyone with a pulse and without a death wish could have "orchestrated" (aka, overseen) the rebound that followed. I'd question anyone's understanding of how the economy/markets work if they disagreed with that.

Reactions: nctransplant
Ok, sure. I guess it could have gotten much worse - if we elected Kim Jong Un and he decided to just start nuking everyone, and all the companies in the country simultaneously decided to close their doors and we became a hunter/gatherer barter society.

But for all intents and purposes, anyone with a pulse and without a death wish could have "orchestrated" (aka, overseen) the rebound that followed.
Yeah... no.

Have you ever really studied much about that whole situation? I mean, go back about 28 years almost.

Yeah... no.

Have you ever really studied much about that whole situation? I mean, go back about 28 years almost.

Apparently I haven't studied it enough. Can you enlighten me in all the ways Barry stopped us from the almost certain doom of returning to hunter/gatherer status? You know, the secret ways that no other person could have been capable of thinking up and implementing.

Apparently I haven't studied it enough. Can you enlighten me in all the ways Barry stopped us from the almost certain doom of returning to hunter/gatherer status? You know, the secret ways that no other person could have been capable of thinking up and implementing.
Well, you see, you're missing the point I was making. I apologize. I didn't ever mean to imply that "Barry" did jack-squat. I'm not advocating anything he did, frankly. The point you made was that it had gotten as bad as it could ever get. That's not true. It actually didn't get anywhere close to "as bad as it could get." In some ways, I kinda wish it had gotten there to hopefully get rid of the financial criminals and those who held the economy ransom to get more money from the Treasury and the US Taxpayers. That would have come at a very steep price, if that had been the option. Bailing them out and giving them more power is what BOTH PARTIES opted for. Do you remember the house vote in 2008 and it wasvoted-down the first go-round? That was America telling their congress reps: "DON'T PASS THIS!"

I do know that the severity of the situation was extreme. If you'd like some background on how the entire crisis evolved and came to a head, I'll be glad to share that. And, I'll also gladly explain how it could have become MUCH worse. Obama, by himself, did very little. Just like a lot of presidents, they themselves are responsible for very little. However, the situation had NOT reached the bottom. We didn't have 30% unemployment, or banks freezing-up credit, or a myriad of other variables that crippled the nation for 10-plus years. I'm not crediting Obama here. I'm saying that your statement of "it couldn't get worse" is inaccurate.

Please do tell.
In the simplest terms:

America has too much consumption and borrowing and not enough production and savings. There's not much of an option for an alternative. The FED runs the financial system and we have an oligarchy form of government. There's no incentive or reward for saving money. It loses value the longer you have it.

And, we also have a currency that is backed (literally) by monetized debt. That is NOT a sound currency. What little stability it has comes mainly from the oil being traded in US Dollars FIRST.

More complicated background of the 2008 Crisis:

You don't eve have to read. Just listen

In the simplest terms:

America has too much consumption and borrowing and not enough production and savings. There's not much of an option for an alternative. The FED runs the financial system and we have an oligarchy form of government. There's no incentive or reward for saving money. It loses value the longer you have it.

And, we also have a currency that is backed (literally) by monetized debt. That is NOT a sound currency. What little stability it has comes mainly from the oil being traded in US Dollars FIRST.

More complicated background of the 2008 Crisis:

You don't eve have to read. Just listen

Yeah, I didn’t really care. But I knew you’d get off on telling all of us. You’re welcome.

Trump's problem with being reelected is he has pissed off the female vote and the blacks didn't vote the last election but they sure as hell will the next election, all he has is his base which is about 30 to 35%. The math says he will not win a second term.
the women who are pissed are the ones who supported Bernie and didnt vote anyway. my wife and 95% of the women who voted for Trump would vote for him again today in a heartbeat, because of what he's accomplished.

and regarding blacks ... stop kidding yourself. the uninformed will not vote anyway (unless Obama part 2 shows up) and the informed black voters will vote for Trump because, like I said, of what he's accomplished. the soaring economy is not racist, every skin color is benefitting and we're just scratching the surface.

The whatever part is he will not be re-elected . . $100 ?

Hey @BillyL - just back to the board, sorry.

No, my "whatever" is the jail / indicted, etc stuff you keep referring to ... your perpetual desperation Trump impeachment clock that you've been winding since 11/2016.

I'm not getting into a 2020 re-election bet yet, that would be stupid. I do think he'll win again if things keep moving in the current direction, but I wont bet on that this far out. If you want to bet on indictment or impeachment, I'm in. that's a foolish pipe dream, but you know that.

Reactions: BillyL
Hey @BillyL - just back to the board, sorry.

I'm not getting into a 2020 re-election bet yet, that would be stupid.

Not a problem, Scott . . and welcome back. I found someone stupid enough to take that $100 2020 election bet, and I feel great about it . .

The worldwide women's protest march against Trump looked awesome to me . . ;)

Reactions: bleeduncblue
Not a problem, Scott . . and welcome back. I found someone stupid enough to take that $100 2020 election bet, and I feel great about it . .

The worldwide women's protest march against Trump looked awesome to me . . ;)

problem is, those women are easily swayed by emotion and cultural winds ... they did not and will not influence the 2020 election. they're a tiny fragment of the active, voting female population AND they're smart enough to look around and see that things are improving, despite a POTUS whose personality they hate.

problem is, those women are easily swayed by emotion and cultural winds ... they did not and will not influence the 2020 election. they're a tiny fragment of the active, voting female population AND they're smart enough to look around and see that things are improving, despite a POTUS whose personality they hate.
I realize we only have about 17 women out here but I can't find one that didn't vote for Trump.

Reactions: tarheel0910

Hate goes a lot further than you may think, my friend . . wait 'n see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT