ADVERTISEMENT

So what are you gonna do while on lock down?

I'll go first....

Probably have to finally knock some stuff off the honey do list.

Maybe watch a few shows that I haven't gotten around to yet.

Prep the bike and go hit some trails when the weather is accommodating.

Reactions: Heelicious
I stumbled across my old ipod. I figure I'll put it on shuffle while I WFH for the next few weeks (months?). It's got 17k songs on it, so I dont think I'll run out of tunes unless this drags on for 5 or 6 months. :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: Heelicious
200.gif

Serious answer:

I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home, so that keeps me "distracted." Now that I don't have a commute or the need for a lunch break, I'll go for some walks or ride my bike around a bit during the day. Fresh air and exercise are always good.

I went to the library over the weekend and checked out some books. I've been meaning to read more and actually appreciate the nudge. By the way, your local library has tons of free movies, music, and books that you should take advantage of.

I rented some movies at Redbox for the evenings when I'm tired and just want to check out mentally. Might catch up on some Netflix/Amazon/etc. stuff, too.

I might look into ways I can help my community without jeopardizing my own health. Making donations of food or money, etc. There are a number of families who depend on schools, food banks, etc. to feed themselves so they're probably feeling pretty stressed right now.

Lastly, I did something today I haven't done in a long time and that's pray. There are a lot of people in the world who are really hurting right now. I don't think you can just ask for it to go away, but you can pray for comfort, whether it's physical or mental or spiritual. Someday I hope to understand why any of this has to happen at all.

The businesses I'm involved in can still go on, so it won't change much for me--at least as things are now. If it was a mandatory, don't leave your property, lock down, I be like TarHeelMark and knocking out projects at the house. That would get difficult if Lowes is closed, though. Probably hit some of the trails too. Not hard to keep that minimum distance in the mountains.

I did offer to help run errands for members of our church who are afraid to go out and who are high risk. We have a pretty elderly congregation. Haven't heard back on that yet.

Serious answer:

I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home, so that keeps me "distracted." Now that I don't have a commute or the need for a lunch break, I'll go for some walks or ride my bike around a bit during the day. Fresh air and exercise are always good.

I went to the library over the weekend and checked out some books. I've been meaning to read more and actually appreciate the nudge. By the way, your local library has tons of free movies, music, and books that you should take advantage of.

I rented some movies at Redbox for the evenings when I'm tired and just want to check out mentally. Might catch up on some Netflix/Amazon/etc. stuff, too.

I might look into ways I can help my community without jeopardizing my own health. Making donations of food or money, etc. There are a number of families who depend on schools, food banks, etc. to feed themselves so they're probably feeling pretty stressed right now.

Lastly, I did something today I haven't done in a long time and that's pray. There are a lot of people in the world who are really hurting right now. I don't think you can just ask for it to go away, but you can pray for comfort, whether it's physical or mental or spiritual. Someday I hope to understand why any of this has to happen at all.
FWIW I think this is a 12 out of 10 post. All of it.

We stocked up on at least 3 weeks of hard groceries yesterday. I may have at least 2 more already. Being a GC, my crew can work inside or outside on given days. I also do the majority of my work at a nuke plant. They have been in a shutdown for the past month, so it's been slow. Add in what's going on in the meantime and we are almost dead in the water. I may be looking at a layoff of my crew for the very first time. I have enough set back in savings to last a good while. I dont they they do. I want to check out what the offer is from the government and see if we qualify.
Outside of finding something to do, I have a wood shop that fully equipped, so I'll have plenty to keep occupied. I am much more concerned about my kids. They dont seem to understand to prep for what could be coming. My wife told them to start buying dry goods like beans and rice. Can food, and meat to freeze.

I remember Y2K. People freaked out over that. I see some similarities in this, except with social media being at the front of everyone's live, it is more panic. And this threat is very real.

We are also reaching out to elderly folks and people at risk to make sure they have what they need.

I will keep going by the stores to grab things we need until things completely shut down. With summer approaching, and warmer weather on us, I hope this dies down quicker than projected.

With netflix, hulu, prime,disney+, and directv, I think I am covered. Plus about 300 movies.

@Raising Heel , I commend you for openly admitting you are praying. Being a man of faith, I know how well it works. It would not hurt for all of us to pray.

Lots of work but that's normal.

Other than that - read and read more. I had a goal of 30,000 pages of novels this year and may bump that to 50,000 now that there are no sports until like May/June.

There's a new series The Plot against America coming to HBO by the guy who wrote The Man in the High Castle. Somehow missed this book over the years so I want to knock that out before the series starts.

Also, can we get ESPN to release the Bulls documentary early? There are no sports and everyone is home, it's a perfect time to get it out.

Kind of on a lark, I found a used Korg BX-3 double keyboard on eBay early last month. It's a Hammond B-3 simulator keyboard. I used to be able to play some Allman Brothers and even some Deep Purple... and "Gimme Some Lovin' "

I'm going to get that muther perfected!

I LOVE Hammond Organs! They're huge and move the air big-time! But, I don't have as much space.

Even though I knew how it ended, when I saw it was Dook v. UNC at Chapel Hill in 2012, I had to watch the game. Wow, was that bogus how that game ended. Recall this game is where Tyler Zeller got trucked on a defensive rebound and he ended up tipping the ball into Dook's goal. No foul. Back then they didn't even really review it on video....though they can't ever really go to replay even today, and call a foul based entirely on the replay. Then hatable Austin Rivers hit the 3 to rip UNC's hearts out.

But I watched because I forgot, and liked to see how great, loaded that team was at every position. Black Falcon (Barnes), Zeller, Henson front court, with Bullock and Butter (Kendall Marshall) in the back court. Off the bench: PJ Hairston, JM McAdoo. I don't think one guy on this year's team would have started on that team. Maybe Cole - but Marshall was overall a better UNC style pure passing, UNC system PG - what that '12 team needed. They had plenty of scorers.

Its such a shame that Henson and Butter got hurt. They were certainly plenty good to cut down the nets that year, and keep Roy's pattern in sync of a title every 4-5 years.

Reactions: Raising Heel
Even though I knew how it ended, when I saw it was Dook v. UNC at Chapel Hill in 2012, I had to watch the game. Wow, was that bogus how that game ended. Recall this game is where Tyler Zeller got trucked on a defensive rebound and he ended up tipping the ball into Dook's goal. No foul. Back then they didn't even really review it on video....though they can't ever really go to replay even today, and call a foul based entirely on the replay. Then hatable Austin Rivers hit the 3 to rip UNC's hearts out.

But I watched because I forgot, and liked to see how great, loaded that team was at every position. Black Falcon (Barnes), Zeller, Henson front court, with Bullock and Butter (Kendall Marshall) in the back court. Off the bench: PJ Hairston, JM McAdoo. I don't think one guy on this year's team would have started on that team. Maybe Cole - but Marshall was overall a better UNC style pure passing, UNC system PG - what that '12 team needed. They had plenty of scorers.

Its such a shame that Henson and Butter got hurt. They were certainly plenty good to cut down the nets that year, and keep Roy's pattern in sync of a title every 4-5 years.
Probably the maddest I've ever been after a Carolina game, any sport, ever. Worse than the Villanova title game because Marcus had no business hitting that shot to begin with and we had had to dig out of a 10-point hole (IIRC) just to have a chance.

I typically won't rewatch any game the Heels lost, but I especially can't bring myself to watch this game ever again. F that punk-azz bitch scrub zero.

And yes, if it weren't for cretin, Heels were definitely making the finals. I'd like our chances in a rematch with Kentucky.

I typically won't rewatch any game the Heels lost, but I especially can't bring myself to watch this game ever again. F that punk-azz bitch scrub zero.

And yes, if it weren't for cretin, Heels were definitely making the finals. I'd like our chances in a rematch with Kentucky.
Scrub zero - perfect! Great recollection. There were plenty of things to hate about that Dook team and game.... Scrub zero, the lesser Curry, I think 2 Plumlees, Rat and the two punks on the coaching bench (Chrissie Collins and Wojo) ...and the Curry family and Rivers family in the crowd, being shown going crazy....hard to watch, indeed...

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Scrub zero - perfect! Great recollection. There were plenty of things to hate about that Dook team and game.... Scrub zero, the lesser Curry, I think 2 Plumlees, Rat and the two punks on the coaching bench (Chrissie Collins and Wojo) ...and the Curry family and Rivers family in the crowd, being shown going crazy....hard to watch, indeed...
What made it worse during that time was some dookie poster that came over here alot. His handle was subzero or something like that. Dude was annoying as hell, but never quite enough to get himself banned.

What made it worse during that time was some dookie poster that came over here alot. His handle was subzero or something like that. Dude was annoying as hell, but never quite enough to get himself banned.
I still think the loss in Chapel Hill this year was worse.

We're due for some payback... like 4 years of dominance like Th50.

For anyone with young'uns, I heard disney+ went ahead and put frozen 2 on there for streaming now, ahead of when they originally were going to release it.

It would be nice if amazon could get some more recent movies available for rent sooner than originally planned. They just released "1917" for purchase. I'd pay $6 to rent it, but I ain't shelling out $20 to own it digitally.

For anyone with young'uns, I heard disney+ went ahead and put frozen 2 on there for streaming now, ahead of when they originally were going to release it.

It would be nice if amazon could get some more recent movies available for rent sooner than originally planned. They just released "1917" for purchase. I'd pay $6 to rent it, but I ain't shelling out $20 to own it digitally.
Universal has made all of their movies that are in theaters available for rent. Not sure what they are though.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT