ADVERTISEMENT

So what are you gonna do while on lock down?

Watching Hitler’s Henchmen on Netflix. Wonderful documentary! I’ve always been fascinated how a relative unknown could ascend to the pinnacle of power within 20 years. The ironic part is that if the US stock market hadn’t crashed in ‘29, Hitler would probably have never assumed that control of the country.

I’m also reading, a lot. I’ve always been a voracious reader but it’s ramped up even more, mostly history and historical fiction. Just started “Rob Roy”.

Yep, solid series. I've been binging and reading a ton of historical stuff as well during quarantine. I can throw some reccos out there if you need more.

Reactions: Archer2
I'm teaching myself how to play the harmonica. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be. Hope y'all are well.
This guy's channel is good. He does this goofy thing with a fox puppet, but he has good technique and good at verbalizing the mouth movements.

Also, don't scrimp on the harp. Get the good ones. Suzuki Overdrives, Firebreathers, and other models are best. They're expensive, but it's like hiking with either boots or barefooted. Lee Oskar is about as cheap as you wanna go.

Reactions: Raising Heel
Probably have to finally knock some stuff off the honey do list.
Check. 2 1/2 big projects down... many, many more to go.

Maybe watch a few shows that I haven't gotten around to yet.
Not so much. I've probably watched less TV than usual.

Prep the bike and go hit some trails when the weather is accommodating.
Check. Getting in a quick ride just about everyday at lunch.

Also, finally got around to selling some stuff on eBay that I've been intending to do for years.

Must be something about being around the house ALL THE TIME that has inspired me to finally get some shit done.

I stumbled across my old ipod. I figure I'll put it on shuffle while I WFH for the next few weeks (months?). It's got 17k songs on it, so I dont think I'll run out of tunes unless this drags on for 5 or 6 months. :eek:
Well I was wrong... 5 months working from home, and I've gotten a little over halfway through. I might just get through all 16,914 songs by the time I go back.

Last edited:
yea hmu whenever you have any questions for sure.

lol, i feel like we should start a thread.

just for starters, is heyward omni-logic a good product?...it’s basically telling me what to do, other than the unreliable dude coming by to do what he does.

lol, i feel like we should start a thread.

just for starters, is heyward omni-logic a good product?...it’s basically telling me what to do, other than the unreliable dude coming by to do what he does.

yes so long as you do what it says. What does your pool guy do exactly and what’s he charging?

Reactions: gteeitup
yes so long as you do what it says. What does your pool guy do exactly and what’s he charging?

he charges $45 a week or $60 every two weeks...tests water, adds chlorine sticks, adds salt, cleans, dumps basket...because it’s our first pool, we thought it would be better to have a technician begin the process.

waiting on polaris and we need a new temp sensor and wifi cable install so i can monitor from my phone.

he charges $45 a week or $60 every two weeks...tests water, adds chlorine sticks, adds salt, cleans, dumps basket...because it’s our first pool, we thought it would be better to have a technician begin the process.

waiting on polaris and we need a new temp sensor and wifi cable install so i can monitor from my phone.

sounds about right.

so the baskets i’m seeing on twitter and/or fb, are they that much better?...is there a way to f up a custom designed pool by using a product not from the builder, like a different basket?

skim a round is an example

They’re no better. The only way to increase flow rate into the skimmer is with a more powerful pump. Those baskets only inhibit the flow and create the whirlpool Effect creating the illusion of more suction.

so I have almost completely renovated my house. Built new kitchen cabinets, changed all doors, trim, and flooring. Painted all my rooms

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Fire away

tr28p good or not?

does it have to remain in the pool all the time if it’s scheduled to clean 7-9am daily?

if taken out, can i disable from input in the pool wall?

if i want fountains on during the day on low pressure, does that f with the polaris if it’s cleaning?

i usually run fountains on low from 7am-3pm.

tr28p good or not?

does it have to remain in the pool all the time if it’s scheduled to clean 7-9am daily?

if taken out, can i disable from input in the pool wall?

if i want fountains on during the day on low pressure, does that f with the polaris if it’s cleaning?

i usually run fountains on low from 7am-3pm.

My experience is that it’s a luxury item you won’t get your money’s worth from unless your pool gets a lot of leaves and debris in it. Manually vacuuming a pool is very easy and doesn’t take but 15min at the most. And you prob would only have to do it once a week or so

Does not have to remain in pool

Yes you can detach

Running fountains does divert some pressure from it. You can shut main drain or a skimmer to compensate. It may work fine regardless depending on pump’s HP.

My experience is that it’s a luxury item you won’t get your money’s worth from unless your pool gets a lot of leaves and debris in it. Manually vacuuming a pool is very easy and doesn’t take but 15min at the most. And you prob would only have to do it once a week or so

Yes you can detach

Running fountains does divert some pressure from it. You can shut main drain or a skimmer to compensate. It may work fine regardless depending on pump’s HP.

damn, what do i owe ya?...if you’re ever around here...i know, it’s columbia.

Reactions: heelmanwilm

Yes you can detach

You know a couple by the name Jerry and Becki Falwell?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT