ADVERTISEMENT

So what are you gonna do while on lock down?

If you're jonesing for sports (or something like that...), this dude put together a whole winter marble Olympics.. its amazing how much work he had to put into this.

I (over several sessions) sat through the entire 2 1/4 hour video. I don't know why it held my attention, but I actually enjoyed it more than the Olympics. No egos, no blowhard commentators, just the purest form of the sport. LOL.

He/they did put a lot of effort into it.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Just looking for something besides soduku or word games that plays well on a phone. Probably golf games but not sure that football or basketball would
They have a pretty good setup. You just have to worry about batting. No need to have to try to pick pitches and field the ball. You can also build your roster through draft picks and improve your players through challenges. It's pretty cool.

Survive an F3 tornado and then go two weeks without electricity and internet access in my home.

When things in NC open back up - and before I even get my mullet trimmed - the first thing I wanna do is get some freaking chips / salsa & chilly brews at my favorite Mexican place.

Reactions: uncboy10
not going to create a thread for this, but it’s part of my quarantine life.

can someone suggest the best collapsable garden hose and pressure washer(shielding my eyes for response)?

not going to create a thread for this, but it’s part of my quarantine life.

can someone suggest the best collapsable garden hose and pressure washer(shielding my eyes for response)?

How strong do you need the pressure washer to be? What specifically are you washing with it?

As for hose, I have this and have no complaints.

Amazon product ASIN B0861WN3KB

Reactions: gteeitup
How strong do you need the pressure washer to be? What specifically are you washing with it?

As for hose, I have this and have no complaints.

not quite in the new house, but understand i’ll need one now...lots of concrete; pool decking, concrete retaining wall, etc...not for cars, toys, lawn equipment.

so minimum 2000-3000 is what i’d need...my neighbor has a craftsman and hates it...i’ve never owned one.

thanks for hose info.

Reactions: dadika13
not quite in the new house, but understand i’ll need one now...lots of concrete; pool decking, concrete retaining wall, etc...not for cars, toys, lawn equipment.

so minimum 2000-3000 is what i’d need...my neighbor has a craftsman and hates it...i’ve never owned one.

thanks for hose info.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-3...ERCH=REC-_-pipsem-_-304261786-_-310449458-_-N

I have the smaller version of this guy (I use it for my concrete wall and concrete slabs in my backyard) and it's really good. I like Ryobi because their customer service is solid and I can always find parts for their stuff. I've had it for about 3 years and it still works like new. I vaguely remember reading that the Honda engine is key, thing will last forever.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-3...ERCH=REC-_-pipsem-_-304261786-_-310449458-_-N

I have the smaller version of this guy (I use it for my concrete wall and concrete slabs in my backyard) and it's really good. I like Ryobi because their customer service is solid and I can always find parts for their stuff. I've had it for about 3 years and it still works like new. I vaguely remember reading that the Honda engine is key, thing will last forever.

yes, honda indeed.

my gas backpack blower is a ryobi and it’s great...on another note, that’s such an underrated, cathartic task.

Reactions: dadika13
Smaller Honda will work fine. I also suggest checking out a professional. I purchased my nephews PW service last year. He got married and had to shed some of his work load.
Proper chemicals and equipment is just as important. Let the chemicals do the work, not the pressure. Go to a store that specializes in power was equipment. They take all guessing about the right equipment and what chemicals to use. Also, a simple face shield should be sufficient.

Smaller Honda will work fine. I also suggest checking out a professional. I purchased my nephews PW service last year. He got married and had to shed some of his work load.
Proper chemicals and equipment is just as important. Let the chemicals do the work, not the pressure. Go to a store that specializes in power was equipment. They take all guessing about the right equipment and what chemicals to use. Also, a simple face shield should be sufficient.

Ah man, I love power washing. That's one of those things I'd never contract out because the before and after feeling on that is amazing.

I'm with you on the chemicals. I stripped some paint off of my outer wall because I used a chemical too strong, learned that lesson after an afternoon of repainting it (something that I highly recommend contracting out).

That said, it doesn't sound like @gteeitup is doing anything that should be heavy on chemicals anyway. Using any standard wash with the 3300 PSI should do the trick on decks and concrete.

Ah man, I love power washing. That's one of those things I'd never contract out because the before and after feeling on that is amazing.

I'm with you on the chemicals. I stripped some paint off of my outer wall because I used a chemical too strong, learned that lesson after an afternoon of repainting it (something that I highly recommend contracting out).

That said, it doesn't sound like @gteeitup is doing anything that should be heavy on chemicals anyway. Using any standard wash with the 3300 PSI should do the trick on decks and concrete.
I love it as well. If I stayed busy every day, I could easily clear 2k per week in washing. Once the equipment is paid for, and set your rig up correctly, it can be extremely lucrative during spring/summer months. I use it to pay off my boat and for all my toys

@gteeitup I have an earlier version of this model and love it (3100 PSI + 25 GPM). I'm normally a Lowe's guy but went to Home Depot to get that specific one. I've had it for about 10 years and it's incredible. Easy to start, easy to use, and has all the pressure you'll need (do not use the zero-degree setting near anything you hold dear). I've never even used any soap or chemicals in it. Primary uses have been cleaning concrete patios/driveways/sidewalks and cleaning the vinyl siding on my old house. I've also used it to wash my RV but prefer old fashioned soap, water, and a brush for that job.

Pressure washing has the highest satisfaction-to-effort ratio among home maintenance chores and it's not even close IMO. I'd like to do a tour of Europe where I get to pressure wash old buildings.

@gteeitup I have an earlier version of this model and love it (3100 PSI + 25 GPM). I'm normally a Lowe's guy but went to Home Depot to get that specific one. I've had it for about 10 years and it's incredible. Easy to start, easy to use, and has all the pressure you'll need (do not use the zero-degree setting near anything you hold dear). I've never even used any soap or chemicals in it. Primary uses have been cleaning concrete patios/driveways/sidewalks and cleaning the vinyl siding on my old house. I've also used it to wash my RV but prefer old fashioned soap, water, and a brush for that job.

Pressure washing has the highest satisfaction-to-effort ratio among home maintenance chores and it's not even close IMO. I'd like to do a tour of Europe where I get to pressure wash old buildings.
I'd be careful taking advice from new poasters.

I pressure washed my mom and dads house just yesterday. I have a Troy-bilt. Had it for about 3 years and it’s the most temperamental piece of equipment I have. But yeah, pressure washing is great fun. Especially on brick.

Pressure-washer-before-after-videos-results.jpg

This should be tagged NSFW.

i’m not wearing a mask...my body, my choice.
Last week I washed 3 houses in 1 day. I turned the chemical up for some stubborn mildew. I was sprayed in the face all day by blowback for the chemical. It literally burnt the skin on my face. Skin dried up and died.

Also a funny thing, we inhale so much of the bleach housewash, that Trump would be proud of our daily intake. I can taste it for several hours after we finish

Last week I washed 3 houses in 1 day. I turned the chemical up for some stubborn mildew. I was sprayed in the face all day by blowback for the chemical. It literally burnt the skin on my face. Skin dried up and died.

Also a funny thing, we inhale so much of the bleach housewash, that Trump would be proud of our daily intake. I can taste it for several hours after we finish

you should tweet him that video...in all seriousness, i hope soap is all i’ll need, but your point is duly noted.

Pressure washing a house should be primarily house wash. Pressure isn't what does it, unless all you do is blast it. Let the chemical do the work. Most home stores sell jomax. Find the one that you mix with bleach. Use a good brand of bleach also. Heavier concentration will do it, but be mindful of plants near it. We use a product called the ultimate house wash. ICE makes it. Industrial cleaning equipment. But i t s also for commercial use. Roof siding deck concrete brick.

When we wash concrete, we use pressure to break the surface up. Rinse it well. Then back spray heavy dose of this wash and let it dry. Usually does the trick. Especially around oak trees

There is literally a tv show on CBS right now about people getting haircuts. And the networks wonder why Netflix is stealing their eyeballs.

Watching Hitler’s Henchmen on Netflix. Wonderful documentary! I’ve always been fascinated how a relative unknown could ascend to the pinnacle of power within 20 years. The ironic part is that if the US stock market hadn’t crashed in ‘29, Hitler would probably have never assumed that control of the country.

I’m also reading, a lot. I’ve always been a voracious reader but it’s ramped up even more, mostly history and historical fiction. Just started “Rob Roy”.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT