ADVERTISEMENT

Tar Heels vs. Yellow Jckets game thread

lol at the first 4 pages of this thread. Someone was even pissed at The Hat for deferring after winning the coin flip, now that's classic. I love these boards at THI.

lol at the first 4 pages of this thread. Someone was even pissed at The Hat for deferring after winning the coin flip, now that's classic. I love these boards at THI.
Me - because GT getting behind panics, especially against an offense that can strike quickly.

And that decision set us up to get behind 21-0.

I'll stick with saying Fedora made the wrong choice. At GT - take the ball first if you can.

Glad to see after I had to go do some work that the Heels turned it around! Glad to get the Atlanta monkey off of their backs. Just as glad as I was to see the boys get the Charlottesville monkey off of their backs! GO HEELS!!!

The Defense rose up and played like champs. If they had not, GT would have scored 45 or more and won. Our D in the 2nd half would have been worthy of the Dooley days.

Offense played pretty well too.

Give credit where credit is due.

Reactions: grillheel
MW played a good game with his legs. And leave it at that. Just need to enjoy the win

I didn't get to see the game but I hope they replay it so I can see that crappy spot & first down pile of dung call that could have cost us the game. From what the radio guys were saying it wasn't that close at all. From the replay on TV one of them said it was clear that the nose of the ball wasn't far enough for a first down.

Regardless, it seems that MW redeemed himself a bit and showed he wants to be the starter. One of the radio guys said it best when he said it sure is nice to have 2 guys who can play QB who we can call on.

Defense stepped up today after getting pounced on early. All in all this was a dang good win and coming back after that crappy call AND in Hotlanta where we have never done well made it even sweeter.

Good win 'Heels!

I didn't get to see the game but I hope they replay it so I can see that crappy spot & first down pile of dung call that could have cost us the game. From what the radio guys were saying it wasn't that close at all. From the replay on TV one of them said it was clear that the nose of the ball wasn't far enough for a first down.

That's actually another aspect that makes this such a huge win. At first, I was not convinced that the refs were costing UNC much with their calls. But... THAT call, and that spot? That was total BS. The Heels overcame a huge deficit and a had to beat more than the guys with numbers on their gold and white uniforms.

Me - because GT getting behind panics, especially against an offense that can strike quickly.

And that decision set us up to get behind 21-0.

I'll stick with saying Fedora made the wrong choice. At GT - take the ball first if you can.
I'm cool with that. I think the way you feel about the coin flip is the same way I feel about that brain-fart onside kick decision. Imo everybody in the parking lot saw it coming.

I hope this team seizes the opportunity that's in front of them after this huge win. That was a seriously gutsy performance today

Reactions: viking131
Get yo' ass back here and cheer for the good guys.

wow...just can't believe they overcame that much adversity...way tougher than my mental psyche after watching how that was unfolding.

so proud of those dudes and so happy for larry...littrell can still suck a bag, though, f'n jackass.

Reactions: UNC71-00

Just got home after watching the game at the local watering hole. Most were watching the Georgia/Bama game but I was glued to the UNC game. Have to admit I had steam coming out of my ears when we went down by 21. Honestly, I didn't think we could recover. Getting ready to pour myself a double bourbon and read this thread. I'm sure it will be very interesting.

Awesome win for our program! Couldn't be prouder of the total effort, players and staff both.

That was a pretty fantastic little win. I had to leave and take my kids to our Fall Festival so was keeping up with it on my phone. I'm glad there were plenty of people there to watch out for my kids.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Man I'm so glad I didn't post in the first half.

There are quite a few here that don't have the common sense to show the same restraint and it makes them look very foolish afterwards. Congratulations. I purposely didn't post during the game for that very reason, my emotions were running too high.

I have to admit that I am surprised we won with only 189 or so passing yards and about 50 of that came from non-QB's.

Maturity, men. When is the last time you saw a Tar Heel team on the road go down 21-0 and actually fight back and win the game? It may have never happened before, but you get my point. Over the last decade, this will be only our 2nd time starting the season 1-0 in conference. It's early, but the Coastal is there for the taking and we are up near the top instead of already playing catch-up before the leaves fall off the tree. Heel yea!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT