ADVERTISEMENT

The Grad Transfer Thread

Pipkins I think would be a good back up plan should we not land Cole Anthony, although wouldn't be bad to have him regardless.

Reactions: TheGLOV
admittedly I haven't seen Tucker play in 4 years so maybe he improved, but he wasn't overly skilled at the time, just extremely athletic with good size. I get the connections with McInnis and such, but if he's not skilled enough to be a big time scorer off the dribble against ACC level comp, we don't need any more athletes who can't score. See Seventh Woods.

This kid played high school ball close to me in Pennsylvania. Let me just say that I'm shocked how well he played at Bucknell. I watched him play in a district semi final game and he wasn't even the best player on the floor. The only other player in that game that went to college, went D3.

I apparently didn't use the quote function correctly, but this is in response to Nate Sustina from Bucknell.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Can take that a few ways:
Either A) Armando is making some guesses or B) he has inside knowledge regarding:
* Coby and Nas are gone
* Cole and Precious are UNC bound
* He doesn't rate B-rob to start over Leaky

Remember, last year he was super enthusiastic about Green and the other kid and neither signed up to UNC so maybe this is just bluster. But if he knows something, that'll be something.

Can take that a few ways:
Either A) Armando is making some guesses or B) he has inside knowledge regarding:
* Coby and Nas are gone
* Cole and Precious are UNC bound
* He doesn't rate B-rob to start over Leaky

Remember, last year he was super enthusiastic about Green and the other kid and neither signed up to UNC so maybe this is just bluster. But if he knows something, that'll be something.
It does tie in with Jay Williams Lott slip about UNC the other day.
I also agree that Leaky could start over BRob.

As far as transfers. The Cam Johnson types transferring are few and far between. I've seen guys mentioned from Lehigh, Bucknell, etc. There is a reason their recruiting process led to that level. The only kind of kid you want is somebody who can come off the bench as a rim protector, or some guys that just lights it up from the three point line. Very doubtful that you find anyone at the point, or forward, positions that could contribute at the elite level

As far as transfers. The Cam Johnson types transferring are few and far between. I've seen guys mentioned from Lehigh, Bucknell, etc. There is a reason their recruiting process led to that level. The only kind of kid you want is somebody who can come off the bench as a rim protector, or some guys that just lights it up from the three point line. Very doubtful that you find anyone at the point, or forward, positions that could contribute at the elite level

So...I think you're right and wrong IMO.

Finding another Cam is next to impossible. It's like finding another Luke type walk-on (even though Luke wasn't really a walk on).

That said, these kids are 4 year players who were extremely productive at the next tier down. No reason to think a kid who averaged 18ppg at 40% 3pt can't come in next year with our coaching/training and put up 10ppg and 38% 3pt.

If we get that from a grad transfer with Cole/Mando/Brooks/Leaky...we're going to be good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT