ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Bradley?

Vote Now for your Favorite Tony Bradley Thread

• Tony Bradley?

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • When Tony Comes Back, Roy Will Make Sure He's A Star

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Do you think Tony Bradley is going to return?

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I think Bradley and Pinson will be back also

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Problem is that he's right in the middle of 1st and 2nd. I think he wants to stay in the draft and if one team gives him a hint that they'll take him end of 1st it will be enough for him to stay in it.

Perfect world, he comes back and is a lotto pick next year. Just can't see him doing that being so close to that first round evaluation.

Maybe some .. or a lot of his weaknesses were hidden last season. Or maybe he was just given a lot of bad advice from people that were more interested in themselves than Tony. Should be a course in critical thinking regarding professional greed and deception required in the first semester for all scholarship athletes... jmho

We'll know within a week, possibly sooner. Not gonna sweat the decision of a 19 year old. Too many important things to sweat, like paying the next six months of my car insurance. That's real life.

Knicks have the 8th pick and that aint gonna be Bradley, but it seems no matter

The Knicks also have the 44th pick :eek:

According to the Mock Drafts I've seen, it's looking more and more like this for Tony:

FineEnlightenedBird.gif

Reactions: superstar57
Apparently Tony Bradley has more body fat than Kennedy Meeks. Not sure how that's possible when looking at them.

Apparently Tony Bradley has more body fat than Kennedy Meeks. Not sure how that's possible when looking at them.

I believe I read last week that TB had the worst body fat ratio of all the entrants at the combine. I'll say that the kid has a really big frame and it looks to me as if he distributes those 250 lbs. he sure carries it very well. (wish I could)

Backed in to a corner I think he stays in the draft, even at the risk of sliding in to the 2nd round. He SHOULD come back and develop as a player but he is being hard sold get in to the league now because you never know.

Roy will be sitting down with Tony and his parents before the deadline to officially pull out of the draft. Roy will give his final thoughts and get out of the way and Tony and his family will make the final decision. Tony has private workouts with 6 teams over the next several days. Tony may leave even if he does not get a first round guarantee. Hope what I'm hearing is wrong, but it does not look good.

Roy will be sitting down with Tony and his parents before the deadline to officially pull out of the draft. Roy will give his final thoughts and get out of the way and Tony and his family will make the final decision. Tony has private workouts with 6 teams over the next several days. Tony may leave even if he does not get a first round guarantee. Hope what I'm hearing is wrong, but it does not look good.

And the last private workout is the day before the deadline. This thing is going all the way til the end unfortunately for us.

As much as I would love to have TB back, I am more encouraged by the fact that Hoffman has been working out with Rasheed Wallace and he is actively seeking out that help and advice. This speaks volumes of the young man's desire to be great and putting in the work. The transition in the front court may not be as bad as some think.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
As much as I would love to have TB back, I am more encouraged by the fact that Hoffman has been working out with Rasheed Wallace and he is actively seeking out that help and advice. This speaks volumes of the young man's desire to be great and putting in the work. The transition in the front court may not be as bad as some think.
When did we sign a Hoffman? Transfer?:D

The mock drafts (already) I've seen don't have him in the first round.
That's what I see, too. But as some have pointed out, some players will drop out, allowing Tony to move up. So if he thinks he's just out of the first round and/or if he's getting any kind of promises, he could stay in.

My own guess is that he returns. Earlier I thought he would stay in the draft, but the signals seem to be hinting a return. Not that I have any inside info.

Reactions: Archer2
Part of me would love to see what Roy would do with our team without Tony. But part of me fears that we wouldn't be too happy, no matter how creative he got. You can lower expectations, but it still hurts to lose.

^
Dont be too concerned about things out of our hands, I promised you RW isn't.
The guys who want to be here, along with the guys coming in are enough to compete for another Final 4.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Now that each team knows there draft position they can give TB an even more realistic guess as to who and where he could get drafted. I think getting that 1st round guarantee money has got to play a big factor. I am more of college basketball fan, but I do look at the NBA. There is not a short supply of 6'10 guys with thin frames and in need of offensive work (The Dleague is full of these players).

Reason why I think TB might leave is because by now with all the evaluations that have not been 1st round friendly in his favor I think he would have announced he is returning. Hope he stays, but I am starting to think 2nd round and TB is out, and everyone is saying 2nd round.

I hope my Hornets get JJ with 11th and TB in 2nd round!

As much as I would love to have TB back, I am more encouraged by the fact that Hoffman has been working out with Rasheed Wallace...
if you changed "more encouraged" to "encouraged" or "somewhat reassured" i would agree with you and "like" your post.

So you're more encouraged to have Huff working with Sheed than to have TB back next season?

Man...

That's out there.

Why? To have a 4 star recruit that is showing his desire to be AT Carolina and learn from one of the best is a much better look than basically waiting for a sophomore who is hell bent on getting to the NBA regardless of advice. TB has great potential as well as Huffman. If Huffman wants it and he is demonstrating it by reaching out to Sheed, then who's to say he can't be just a good as TB during his freshman year. Hell, the majority of individuals like yourself are hoping for TB to return, put in the work like Justin and get the same results like Justin. Unfortunately, no one knows whether that will be the case.

If Huffman wants it and he is demonstrating it by reaching out to Sheed, then who's to say he can't be just a good as TB during his freshman year.

Common sense, that's who.

P.S. Huff is a 3 star on literally every recruiting site but ESPN. Don't try to cloud facts to support your very questionable opinions.

Common sense, that's who.

P.S. Huff is a 3 star on literally every recruiting site but ESPN. Don't try to cloud facts to support your very questionable opinions.

Oh no the all important star ranking. Like that really determines whether an individual will put the work in to get better. Like there have never been a recruit that was not ranked appropriately. "Cloud facts".... the kid is putting in work rather than sitting on his arse. All to prepare and try to contribute on day one. Again, get over yourself. There is life outside of stalking recruits and pining for players to stay. By the way, Tar Heel Times have him listed as 4 star.

Last edited:
Now that each team knows there draft position they can give TB an even more realistic guess as to who and where he could get drafted. I think getting that 1st round guarantee money has got to play a big factor. I am more of college basketball fan, but I do look at the NBA. There is not a short supply of 6'10 guys with thin frames and in need of offensive work (The Dleague is full of these players).

Reason why I think TB might leave is because by now with all the evaluations that have not been 1st round friendly in his favor I think he would have announced he is returning. Hope he stays, but I am starting to think 2nd round and TB is out, and everyone is saying 2nd round.

I hope my Hornets get JJ with 11th and TB in 2nd round!
So . . . One thing to check is which players above Tony have hired agents. Those guys are staying in.

I don't know where to find that info, but by this time I would guess that most guys projected to go in the 1st round have agents.

Then, how many teams picking later in the 1st round need a PF/C. And do they need a guy who can help them quickly, or can they afford to bring him along for a year or longer?

Finally, how many PF/Cs are ahead of him who he will have to get past to break into the 1st round.

Looking at DraftExpress, where Tony is listed as #42, I see 8 PFs or Cs between him and the 1st round.

Some of them are probably going through this same thought process - who can I pass and who will drop out? But it's highly doubtful all 8 will drop out.

Now that calculation assumes that DraftExpress is more or less right in their projections. Who knows if that's true? But if they are more or less right, Tony needs to come back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT