ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Bradley?

Vote Now for your Favorite Tony Bradley Thread

• Tony Bradley?

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • When Tony Comes Back, Roy Will Make Sure He's A Star

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Do you think Tony Bradley is going to return?

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I think Bradley and Pinson will be back also

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if you remember TB was in the 3 pt shooting contest(finals) - prep all star game...it seems his attitude is similar to Tokoto's-"coach holdin me back"...

If Tony and his dad really see him as a stretch four, that's very puzzling. I agree that if he returns and develops into a lottery pick, it would be good for UNC and college basketball as well.

^
Dont be too concerned about things out of our hands, I promised you RW isn't.
The guys who want to be here, along with the guys coming in are enough to compete for another Final 4.

Ehhhhh...I don't know man.

JB and Theo will be rock solid but there are real questions about the other 6 or so guys in that rotation. Most final four caliber teams have a much better/deeper core in place.

What you are hoping for is that they have 5 Kids coming in, will 2/3 of those kids be better than advertised ?

if you remember TB was in the 3 pt shooting contest(finals) - prep all star game...it seems his attitude is similar to Tokoto's-"coach holdin me back"...

And where is Tokoto now? The NBA D League. We was drafted with the 58th pick by the 76ers, signed a one year offer and was waived less than a month later. Went to the 76ers D league team where is was traded to OKC's D league team. That was after his Jr. year at Carolina. Yes, the one year contract paid him ~$525,000. That's great; however, why not try and improve your draft status by coming back for one more year.

Reactions: gary-7
And where is Tokoto now? The NBA D League. We was drafted with the 58th pick by the 76ers, signed a one year offer and was waived less than a month later. Went to the 76ers D league team where is was traded to OKC's D league team. That was after his Jr. year at Carolina. Yes, the one year contract paid him ~$525,000. That's great; however, why not try and improve your draft status by coming back for one more year.

Not much reason to think JP would've improved his stock. He wasn't a first rounder. Other than a financial commitment, development and potential are either there or not, regardless of if you do it at college or the pros. Two of the best players playing right now in the playoffs were second rounders (Leonard and Green) but developed quickly and explosively.

Tony said noones seen how hes capable of playing at unc becaus of how hes utilized. So that tells me he prob wont see any benefit in coming back. Jmho
That's true and who cares about winning basketball games anyway? That's what I really don't like about today's generation of athletes(not all). No "I" in team but their damn sure is a "me".

That's true and who cares about winning basketball games anyway? That's what I really don't like about today's generation of athletes(not all). No "I" in team but their damn sure is a "me".

That bugged me about Knox. Dude said us winning a natty had no effect on his recruitment. I just don't see how a kid can think like that...guess we're just getting old.

Not much reason to think JP would've improved his stock. He wasn't a first rounder. Other than a financial commitment, development and potential are either there or not, regardless of if you do it at college or the pros. Two of the best players playing right now in the playoffs were second rounders (Leonard and Green) but developed quickly and explosively.
Sorry , Kawhi Leonard was a 1st round pick in 2011 #15 overall. I love Danny Green and he has overachieved but his NBA career average is 8.8/3.4.

Reactions: trestyles
That bugged me about Knox. Dude said us winning a natty had no effect on his recruitment. I just don't see how a kid can think like that...guess we're just getting old.

I call it the Lebron/espn effect. Ever since espn started hyping the individual players over the teams in the nba(and have started to do it at the ncaa level), theyve helped create a culture where the kids are viewing it more and more as an individual sport, even though its the furthest thing from that.

Winning used to be everything. Now its how much you can make via shoe contract or what super team you can join next to build your brand.

Tony said noones seen how hes capable of playing at unc becaus of how hes utilized. So that tells me he prob wont see any benefit in coming back. Jmho

I watched how he was overmatched and basically not a real factor throughout most of the tourney. No offense, TB, but giving you the ball on the wing or the top of the key was not a winning strategy. The winning strategy was how Roy deployed and utilized the team.

Maybe Tony should have gone to Dook or KY .. I'm sure he would have gotten more burn and personalized development there .. just give Bolden, SKJ and a host of other 4/5* players (that didn't get a ring this year) a buzz Tony .. and while your at it call Scottie Pippen and ask him what he's been up to lately .. and he made over 100M (without a degree) in his career.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun here but there's a lot of smoke coming from Tony and his dad about how he was utilized. I think he's a big time talent once he develops. Butttttt Do they really think he deserved to get minutes over Meeks and Hicks? And did Tony dominate or take over any game this year? Because frankly he looked overmatched against some of the best competition we played this year. Overmatched not in that he was incapable but that he simply wasn't polished. If he had this face up game that he speaks of, why did we never see it? If we can out the ball on the floor why did we never see it? I'm calling total bullshit on this chatter and think he and his dad believe they can hype him into a guaranteed first round spot by playing the "Roy held me back" card. Tired and played out. I'd love to have the kid back if he's committed to the team and winning it all again but if he's going to come back and think he's our top guy and be a black hole a la Ed Davis when he came back as a soph, he and his dad might as well keep his ass in the draft and take his non guaranteed 2nd round rating. Joel Berry is our batman. Tony would be showcased more but he's still our robin and he needs to know that.

Amen. Sounds like Tony and his dad have been drink'in some serious koolaid. Next year will be difficult enough , if he feels it's all about him, I hope he stays in the draft. We're going to take a step back regardless, and rightfully so.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
I think the post below was from Wednesday. If he's right, that means Tony is working out on the last day to withdraw. I don't blame him for taking every opportunity to be seen by pro teams, but it does give the impression he really wants to leave.

North Carolina big man Tony Bradley worked out for the Knicks today. Will work out for Lakers Friday, Spurs on Sunday, Milwaukee Tuesday and OKC a week from today, source told ESPN. Still undecided whether to remain in draft.

i
Jeff Goodman, ESPN Insider

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0656582126644238210-4

I'm all for any kid going if they're a guaranteed 1st round pick. As of now, Tony is not. I'm not sure he can get that guarantee with these workout but he seems determined to stay in the draft.

It's a long hard road in the D-league & I hope he's prepared for it.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun here but there's a lot of smoke coming from Tony and his dad about how he was utilized. I think he's a big time talent once he develops. Butttttt Do they really think he deserved to get minutes over Meeks and Hicks? And did Tony dominate or take over any game this year? Because frankly he looked overmatched against some of the best competition we played this year. Overmatched not in that he was incapable but that he simply wasn't polished. If he had this face up game that he speaks of, why did we never see it? If we can out the ball on the floor why did we never see it?
This is exactly why I was kind of stunned to see that he even chose to dabble with going pro so soon. He helped the team, no doubt about it. But, I don't think he showed any kind of dominant play that is usually what you see out of OAD players.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
This is exactly why I was kind of stunned to see that he even chose to dabble with going pro so soon. He helped the team, no doubt about it. But, I don't think he showed any kind of dominant play that is usually what you see out of OAD players.

Looks like Tony is another Ed Davis. Glad to know about him now, rather than later. And as far as his self perceived "talent" its not all that. Working with Coach another year will better prepare him. To leave now pretty much relegates him to the D League or overseas. So be it. Don't let the door hit ya, where the good Lord split ya Tony. You coulda been a contenda kid.

A lot of the kids that are OAD aren't really that dominant in college for one reason or another(Giles), but the NBA could care a crap about their stats or if they are physically ready to play against men!!!!! It's all about potential and a lot of teams draft guys because they are 6' 11" etc.

Amazing how entitled are fans are. Guy helps bring you a Natty. You insult him if he might not do what you want him to. Pretty selfish.
I think some people took it wrong when Tony & his dad kind of threw Roy under the bus with the "he wasn't utilized right at Carolina " remark.
Plus he's said over & over that the only way he'll stay in the draft is if he's 1st round.... well, he's not but yet he looks like he has every intention of staying anyway.

I would love to have Tony back, If he comes back we are a TOP 5 team.....but if he wants to leave and go to the NBA then God Bless Him!

He helped us win a National Championship and we can't be mad at him!

I just hope that the NBA people are not lying to him, because if he slips into the middle or end of the 2nd round, he could be in the D-League next year.

I hate to hear the utilization argument because it's pointless. The scouts don't believe anything about skill based on words. I also think too much is made of the improvement a kid can make in skill in one year, but in this case it's more about conditioning and mental readiness.

I'm looking forward to how much Tony will develop as a soph, being a starter, and being our #1 front line threat - and possibly our #1 threat overall. All signs point to him being a star.

If he passes that up without an iron-clad 1st round guarantee, I'll be shaking my head. If he does get that guarantee, then more power to him; but I will still be disappointed.

That said, I am curious to see what Roy would do with a Tony-less team. Not curious enough to be OK with Tony leaving, but curious.

Reactions: OldSchool_1959
Some guys are OADs out of HS and when they get to college they play like OADs. Think of guys like Fox and Monk at UK, Tatum at Duke. Everybody figured they'd be OAD, they played like it, and they left.

They delivered.

Tony played great for us in an important supporting role. He didn't come to us as a OAD. He knew he was going to play behind the seniors. He knew his turn would come as a soph. Even though Hicks didn't perform as well as we hoped, he had no reason to think Roy would push Isaiah to the bench to let Tony play out of position.

My point is that if he leaves now, he will have been a OAD - but without delivering.

If he gets that 1st round guarantee, I can't blame him. But that's why I'll be disappointed. If he gets that guarantee, he will have gotten what he needed from UNC to be a OAD, without having delivered like a OAD.

I think some people took it wrong when Tony & his dad kind of threw Roy under the bus with the "he wasn't utilized right at Carolina " remark.
Plus he's said over & over that the only way he'll stay in the draft is if he's 1st round.... well, he's not but yet he looks like he has every intention of staying anyway.
He didn't say he wasn't utilized right. He said he did not get to show everything he is capable of. Words are important.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT