ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Bradley?

Vote Now for your Favorite Tony Bradley Thread

• Tony Bradley?

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • When Tony Comes Back, Roy Will Make Sure He's A Star

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Do you think Tony Bradley is going to return?

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I think Bradley and Pinson will be back also

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
a little logic..Spurs have their go-to scorer and a big won't be shooting 3's...Knicks-Porzingis..Bucks.plenty of better players-young..OKC Westbrook will pass when in the mood or for triple double....young man really needs to follow wise advice..won't be a starter or 6th man..oh yeah, my favorite is the Triangle..get prepared to be "utilized",haha..Phil Jackson..c'mon man!

I'd say him saying he was a stretch 4 & UNC playing him at the 5 is his way of saying he wasn't utilized right.
He didn't say I was a stretch 4 and I played the 5 there. He said, I CAN play the stretch 4 in the NBA.

Why you are all out to villify the damn dude for maybe going to the NBA is beyond me. You keep spinning what is said to try and get some negative comments out of it and there is no reason for it.

He didn't say I was a stretch 4 and I played the 5 there. He said, I CAN play the stretch 4 in the NBA.

Why you are all out to villify the damn dude for maybe going to the NBA is beyond me. You keep spinning what is said to try and get some negative comments out of it and there is no reason for it.
I'm not spinning anything & I don't care what he does.
If he wants to go ride a bus from city to city playing in empty D-League arenas, more power to him.

Nobody's vilifying him Jericho. That's BS. But this delusion that he can play stretch four anywhere is nonsense. And people are well within their rights to say so.

He appears very eager to leave and pursue his dream of playing in the NBA. More power to him. And even though I personally think he'd be making a mistake to leave now, it's certainly his decision.

If he wants to go, I think he should.

Reactions: superstar57
Nobody's vilifying him Jericho. That's BS. But this delusion that he can play stretch four anywhere is nonsense. And people are well within their rights to say so.

He appears very eager to leave and pursue his dream of playing in the NBA. More power to him. And even though I personally think he'd be making a mistake to leave now, it's certainly his decision.

If he wants to go, I think he should.
How the hell do you know what he can do? Because you watched him as a backup for 1 year?

It is sad that so many people on here attack A TEENAGER when this type of opportunity is put before him. How many good/bad decisions did you all make as a teenager? Who are we to tell him what he should or shouldn't do? Everyone praised this kid while he was a freshman talking about potential and him being a good kid. Now all of the sudden he is testing the NBA waters and everyone is talking trash about him and some now saying they don't even want him back. What the crap is wrong with you? Get off of your high horse and let this kid do what he thinks is best for himself and his family. Regardless as to what that decision is. I love my Heels and fellow fans, but I swear some of you are morons. Support your team and your players. Stop dissing any player when they do something that you do not agree with. ARGH!!!!!!

Rant Over

GO HEELS!!!!!!!!!! 2017 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

Saying he needs to get stronger, improve his conditioning, and develop a couple of go to post moves isn't "trashing" Tony. Guess what? It's the same things we would be saying he needs to work on in the offseason if he returns.

Haven't see a single poster say they don't wish him the best regardless of his decision. If he thinks it's in his best interest to leave, by all means he should do so. He's the one who has to live with the consequences of his decisions, just like every one of us.

I wish him luck whatever he decides. Thank God this crap will soon be over and we'll know the makeup of our team next year after we add CJ.

Nobody is villifying him. Just calling a potentially bad decision for exactly what it is.

It is sad that so many people on here attack A TEENAGER when this type of opportunity is put before him. How many good/bad decisions did you all make as a teenager? Who are we to tell him what he should or shouldn't do? Everyone praised this kid while he was a freshman talking about potential and him being a good kid. Now all of the sudden he is testing the NBA waters and everyone is talking trash about him and some now saying they don't even want him back. What the crap is wrong with you? Get off of your high horse and let this kid do what he thinks is best for himself and his family. Regardless as to what that decision is. I love my Heels and fellow fans, but I swear some of you are morons. Support your team and your players. Stop dissing any player when they do something that you do not agree with. ARGH!!!!!!

Rant Over

Nobody is attacking him. He has gotten some very bad advice from some less than scrupulous people and that is being properly called out. Lighten up, Francis,

Reactions: Archer2

Rant Over

My feelings!!!

Nobody is attacking him. He has gotten some very bad advice from some less than scrupulous people and that is being properly called out. Lighten up, Francis,

Not you, but some have been. Especially, some who said at the beginning of the season they wouldn't care if UNC wins the championship.

Here's the bottom line on the 21st of May if you don't know whether to stay in the draft that should tell you everything you need to know. He's not getting a first round guarantee and his stock has dropped since the combine. What player stays in the draft to get drafted in the second round with 3 years of eligibility left?

Wow, I laid off this thread for awhile came back, and now people are mad because others are pointing out the weakness in TB's game.

I hope the Kid becomes rookie of the year and a 10X all-star, but through years of watching "my Heels" go from college to pros I understand that the NBA is not going to give ANYONE too many chances. So it is only smarter to put yourself in the best situation (highest draft spot) that you can because lotto picks generally get a 2nd contract just because they get more chances.

People have pointed out TB wants to be a stretch 4, come back to college and prove you can, because it's almost comical for us fans to hear this because he showed no signs of this last year.

And any player who wants to be a pro better get use to criticize. Hell I think JJ's inability to finish strong at the rim is going to be a major problem, but he has developed other parts of his game that should give him a chance to have a 10 year career. The criticism of TB for leaving at least from me is because in 3 years he has more of a chance to be irrelevant than relevant, just because of the draft position he may put himself in.

Reactions: pittsburghheel
I'm not spinning anything & I don't care what he does.
If he wants to go ride a bus from city to city playing in empty D-League arenas, more power to him.
I keep hearing people say "if he wants to bus from arena to arena"... There are D-League teams all over the country. Are they really bussing guys From Santa Cruz to Westchester and Toronto? I can't imagine.

Also hearing a lot says he's definitely gone. If he's already decided then why wouldn't he hire an agent?

Also hearing a lot says he's definitely gone. If he's already decided then why wouldn't he hire an agent?
Good point.

One option is that he is, in fact, in touch with an agent whom he will hire when he makes his move (this year or next), but who is giving him advice now for free. Perhaps through intermediaries.

I'm sure that sort of thing is deep into the gray area, if not outright banned, but I bet it happens a good bit.

Just guessing.

He has a few more workouts. Some with teams having late 1st round picks; at least one (Milwaukee?) with a mid-1st round pick.

As I've said before, I don't like how this is starting to look for us, but I certainly can't blame the kid for doing everything possible to secure a foothold in the NBA. I just hope if he comes back, he will have a constructive relationship with this teammates and coaching staff.

We've had a few guys who were good players for us in the past but who didn't seem to care about the team. Ed Davis comes to mind. It's not necessarily a problem, but it can't be good for chemistry and team cohesion. I hope we won't have that. There's one comment out there that is a little worrisome. But that's just one comment out of weeks of stories, so I try not to read anything into it.

Reactions: venom660turbo
I keep hearing people say "if he wants to bus from arena to arena"... There are D-League teams all over the country. Are they really bussing guys From Santa Cruz to Westchester and Toronto? I can't imagine.

D-League players make less than a school teacher's starting salary.
If you look at the D-League schedule, they play clusters of games in the same geographic region. So Santa Cruz buses all over West Coast then flies out to Westchester/White Plains but they bus to other east coast locations in Maine, Delaware, etc.

Getting drafted in the 2nd round hardly gives you more than a try-out to make an NBA team.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/houston-barber/where-are-all-the-second-_b_9722192.html

If he wants to play in the NBA, he needs to be a 1st round pick...and right now, the intel seems very split on whether he is worthy of that.
...and it sounds like only one, maybe two teams at the most are even talking possible first round. If they pass he's relegated into uncertainty. Kid needs to come back for his own good.

Nobody is attacking him.

BS....That is exactly what is happening. Answer this question. If he had never put his name into the NBA Draft conversation would people be talking about all of his weaknesses or would they be talking about how excited they were to watch this talented freshman take it to the next level? It would be all praise and how high his ceiling is. Not criticizing his game and talking about how he needs to improve. You can deny that if you want, but it is a fact. Not an opinion.

This is similar to what people do when they put in for a promotion that they are not ready for. They tell themselves over and over how it probably isn't their time yet and someone else will get it, but they want to try anyhow. It is a way of beating down expectations to minimize the heartbreak of not getting what you want. Most of us want Tony to return. There are several on this board that will probably root for him to fail in the NBA just so they can pat themselves on the back and point a finger at him and say "I told you so". Its really pathetic. We get so worked up over our beloved Heels that we forget that it is a GAME being played by TEENAGERS. I have read these board longer than 99% of the people here. But threads like this are why I rarely post. I just couldn't refrain this time.

Tony, if you happen to read these boards, do what is best for you and your family. Even if that means leaving school and not getting drafted at all. That is your decision. Not a decision to be made by random strangers on a message board. I thank you for helping bring another championship to this University. If you come back we will try to get another one. If you don't, I hope you get drafted by a team that will let you showcase your skills and continue to improve.

GO HEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: heels05champs
BS....That is exactly what is happening. Answer this question. If he had never put his name into the NBA Draft conversation would people be talking about all of his weaknesses or would they be talking about how excited they were to watch this talented freshman take it to the next level? It would be all praise and how high his ceiling is. Not criticizing his game and talking about how he needs to improve. You can deny that if you want, but it is a fact. Not an opinion.
!

Absolutely not true! Every off season posters talk about the weakness of players. Do you remember threads about Pinson and Meeks last off season? JJ sure did not sound like he was going to make 1st team AA if you listened to posters! I thought at one time if we had to have JB as our PG for 4 years then we would finish last in the ACC, and I am sure I posted something to that effect.

I am not saying players don't read message boards, but seriously it is 2017 they are getting dissed on more than a message board these days. TB is getting told by professionals that he isn't athletic (article on espn.com).

Most people in pointing out TB weaknesses have seen players like JJ and Brice Johnson become UNC legends so there not bashing they understand that under Roy there is a good chance of getting better.

People acting like Tony isn't getting cut down here can't read or something. Went from leading us back to the final four to he is full of himself, not a pro who will be in tge d league forever, and him and his dad should just go cuz they don't like how he was used.

When the real fan should be saying, thank you for helping us win a championship. If you wanna go pro, whether 1st 20th 40th or undrafted to go play in europe then you have our support. And if you come back, I can't wait to see how you do for us next year.

Bradley owes us nothing. He helped give us a championship. It is his choice.

I don't hear many people tearing him down. A lot of people are saying it would be a mistake to leave if he's not going in the 1st round, and then clarifying that he might not go in the first round because of XYZ things he needs to develop.

Saying that "whatever he decides is the right choice" is just as much BS. People make awful, terrible choices all the time. While the choice is up to Tony, that doesn't mean whatever he decides is "right". Now, where we are short is that we don't know what he is trying to maximize with his choice. Is it how much money he makes over the next decade? Is it his odds of sticking in the NBA? Is it his development as a player? Is it his "brand"?

All of those (except maybe the last one!) are valid goals, but they don't necessarily have the same answer. Leaving now could possibly be the best move in terms of maximizing income, while also lowering the odds he has a solid NBA career. So since we don't know his goals completely, we can't fully comment. I do think supporting him in the future is something all UNC fans should do, but I don't think supporting the choice to declare now is necessary.

This is similar to what people do when they put in for a promotion that they are not ready for. They tell themselves over and over how it probably isn't their time yet and someone else will get it, but they want to try anyhow. It is a way of beating down expectations to minimize the heartbreak of not getting what you want. Most of us want Tony to return. There are several on this board that will probably root for him to fail in the NBA just so they can pat themselves on the back and point a finger at him and say "I told you so". Its really pathetic. We get so worked up over our beloved Heels that we forget that it is a GAME being played by TEENAGERS. I have read these board longer than 99% of the people here. But threads like this are why I rarely post. I just couldn't refrain this time.

Tony, if you happen to read these boards, do what is best for you and your family. Even if that means leaving school and not getting drafted at all. That is your decision. Not a decision to be made by random strangers on a message board. I thank you for helping bring another championship to this University. If you come back we will try to get another one. If you don't, I hope you get drafted by a team that will let you showcase your skills and continue to improve.

GO HEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have zero idea what you are talking about. Zero. And how in the hell would leaving and not getting drafted be in his best interest? Are you serious? If he does what's best for him and his family he will return. They are not in any dire financial need, and coming back will be a wiser future investment for a bigger guaranteed contract.

The folks influencing the Bradleys are not on message boards --- they're unfortunately being influenced by leeches trying to turn a quick buck, and it's not a decision that should be affected by the likes of that rabble. So climb down off your self-righteous horse.

Oh, and BTW, yes, we would still be talking about weaknesses that need improving for next year, just like we already have been with other returning players. Pointing out that a player is not ready for the NBA is not attacking him.

Reactions: viking131
You have zero idea what you are talking about. Zero. And how in the hell would leaving and not getting drafted be in his best interest? Are you serious? If he does what's best for him and his family he will return. They are not in any dire financial need, and coming back will be a wiser future investment for a bigger guaranteed contract.

The folks influencing the Bradleys are not on message boards --- they're unfortunately being influenced by leeches trying to turn a quick buck, and it's not a decision that should be affected by the likes of that rabble. So climb down off your self-righteous horse.

Oh, and BTW, yes, we would still be talking about weaknesses that need improving for next year, just like we already have been with other returning players. Pointing out that a player is not ready for the NBA is not attacking him.

Even DURING this last season multiple posters pointed out endurance could be improved as well as jump hook among other things. Posters also pointed out the things they felt Tony did well, one being keeping the ball up high and another his rebounding per minute played.

I personally wish Tony well whatever he and his family decide with one caveat - I hope he does not return to UNC unless he can commit fully to playing where when and how Roy Williams sees fit.

Wow, clearly someone has never read a single thread on this site!

No matter what the topic, we always find a way to end up discussing the weaknesses of our players/coaches/fans!

TB is a great example of a Tar Heel in character and athletic ability! He still needs to develop in specific areas just like every freshman in history! We have discussed the areas he needs to improve upon since the first day he was mentioned on this site and we will continue discussing them well after his decision.

All true Tar Heel Family members wish our players well even when they decide to leave early just like almost all of us have said about TB!

Reactions: Archer2
If he had never put his name into the NBA Draft conversation would people be talking about all of his weaknesses or would they be talking about how excited they were to watch this talented freshman take it to the next level? It would be all praise and how high his ceiling is. Not criticizing his game and talking about how he needs to improve.
While I agree with much of what you said, I disagree on this. We'd be doing both. Starting any day now, and for the rest of the off season, we'll be talking about what our players need to work on, what they need to prove, what their weaknesses are, how they'll fit into the lineup. Heck, we're already doing that for some players.

All of Tony's real and imagined weaknesses would be dissected. And we'd also be praising his strengths, too, of course.

Pretty much all of us expect him to be a serious star if he returns. But that doesn't mean we won't pick his game apart.

The simple fact is that not knowing if he will return, plus some of the comments we've heard make some of us think he doesn't want to be here. Nobody likes to be rejected. But we'll all be thrilled if he returns and seems dedicated to being a good teammate and Carolina player.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
To one group here - Tony is a nice player that we would love to have back. But let's not overstate his importance to last year's team. Hell, Luke Maye was more valuable down the stretch.

To the other group here - Don't hate on the guy for wanting to make a bunch of money. I too feel it's in his best interest to return to school but I can't begrudge the guy wanting to earn a living playing ball. And I didn't really like school that much either so I can understand him wanting out.

Kids today are just different than what many of us grew up with. It's nothing more than a microcosm of society though. People are more self-centered than ever before so naturally 18 year old college kids are. We are also a society that is now built on instant gratification. Loyalty? Antiquated notion. Wait my turn? Preposterous. Plus, the way that sports leagues overpay is embarrassing. You have guys making $100 million contracts on the regular - mediocre players. The focus that society puts on guys that can run fast and jump high is equally embarrassing. I'm proud of former Heels for any accomplishments they achieve in their chosen athletic endeavors. But that doesn't prevent me from seeing how backwards we look at shit like this. I mean, guys make generational wealth because they are good at blocking another guy's attempt at making a basket. Think about that. They're not curing cancer, finding living arrangements for homeless kids or putting their lives at risk. A guy can become a 1%er because he can block shots. It's disheartening.

So Tony needs to do what he needs to do. If he stays, great. I look forward to watching him grow into a better ball player and a more well-rounded individual. If he leaves, good for him achieving a lifestyle I'll never know. As far as my feelings though, Tony will be a footnote in Carolina lore. And that's ok. It might not be important to Tony for him to be anything more than that.

Sorry Premium1981. That was a crock of melodramatic nonsense. Since when have the weaknesses of our players not been discussed ad nauseum? We're UNC fans, we want him to play for us next year. But we also want him to be successful in chasing his dreams.

Not a one of us feels it's anybody's decision to make but Tony's. He's the one who has to live with the consequences, not us.

Reactions: mikeirbyusa
Whether playing in the post or outside of the post, Tony's game needs work. If he plays until the Final Four then his stock should follow him upward. Lottery next spring if UNC reaches the Final Four and Tony is a starter...

Reactions: gary-7
Whether playing in the post or outside of the post, Tony's game needs work. If he plays until the Final Four then his stock should follow him upward. Lottery next spring if UNC reaches the Final Four and Tony is a starter...
Welp... we'll find out tomorrow...
#deadline

Reactions: RP12
One would think he would have said he's coming back by now. Or maybe he is enjoying the process. Who knows with these kids. The fan in me wants him back. Everyone top to bottom knows his game needs improvement. I'm sure he knows this as well. It think what I'll miss the most is seeing that development. I have no qualms about what he did while at UNC. He was one of my favorite this past season. I must admit, I was looking into the future to what he was going to be. Special player in my book. But until tomorrow, we can sit and hope for the best

Reactions: uncfan in ky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT