ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Villanova game thread on Turkey day 23 November 2023

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
I am not going to be available this afternoon since I will be at a big family Thanksgiving get together but I will chip in when I can.,Villanova will be the first real test for the Tar Heels so we should get a better gauge on how the team reacts against a stronger team. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and as always give em Hell Heels.::

If Withers tries to dribble drive, he's probably going to turn it over. That was true at Louisville, and it's true now.

He can be a big help to us, but only if he stops trying to take him man off the dribble. He has to know his limits.

A soft offensive foul called on Bacot IMO.

Problem early is entry feeds. Cormac missed one to Bacot. Although Bacot was strong enough holding position on that one. Then Withers entry feed a tick late and Bacot called for a soft discard.

Villanova immediately posting up their guard on EC once he entered.

Reactions: gauchoheel
Very little Cadeau so far. Also don’t think we’ve seen Trimble yet. Might be a game Hubert is taking seriously and playing dudes he trusts the most.

Washington is completely out of his league in this game. Can't defend the perimeter shooting bigs, isn't strong enough to defend the post or rebound.

You either need to play Withers as the backup center, or give Okonkwo a shot.

Ingram a couple heat check quick three's, but other then that the contested step back shots seem to be a result of having a hard time beating their guy to draw and kick. Nova dee has been tough.

Reactions: Heelicious
Dixon is a tough matchup. Versatile big. Mando and Jalen not the quickest of foot.

High level game. Nova has missed 3 or 4 point blank shots.

Love Cormac Ryan as a legit 2 way perimeter player. He competes.

S
Withers is the king of unforced turnovers
seriously. He's been a total black hole. Pissed away four offensive possessions all on his own.

That Bacot foul was big. It was ticky tack, but Bacot shouldn't have gotten so close to Dixon.

Definitely a grind it out game to this point, strong on ball dee both ways. Just a silly foul on the 3 by Mando. As physical as it is he gets his 2nd and has to set by losing his discipline on a close out.

Shooting well from the 3, but not much else.

S

seriously. He's been a total black hole. Pissed away four offensive possessions all on his own.

That Bacot foul was big. It was ticky tack, but Bacot shouldn't have gotten so close to Dixon.
That's a foul every time. Can't drift into the shooters landing area. Terrible close out.

Subtle, but good clock awareness by RJ getting the 2 for 1 going with 36 seconds left. Now hopefully make it count at the buzzer.

Wojcik's career stats show he shoots terribly against Power 6 teams. No surprise he's misses his shots today.

Withers should be glued to the bench until he agrees to never dribble drive again. The same red light Jackie Manuel had on 3s, Withers should have on dribbling.

Wojcik's career stats show he shoots terribly against Power 6 teams. No surprise he's misses his shots today.

Withers should be glued to the bench until he agrees to never dribble drive again. The same red light Jackie Manuel had on 3s, Withers should have on dribbling.
Agreed, but Wojcik isn't contributing either. Cadeau should play at least 12-13 minutes next half.

Given the number of turnovers and nobody stopping Dixon - lucky to be ahead. It’s easy to say just find someone to stop Dixon, but not sure if we have a defensive stopper on this team.

And our guards are so small it’s pretty easy for people to shoot over them. And to outmuscle them driving to the hole.

Most of all we do need guys to finish from point blank range, and have the right guys running the break and driving the lane with the ball.

Pretty much all our bench guys (Cadeau, Withers, Trimble, Wojcik) are hesitant to shoot even wide open 3s. It's a problem.

I was actually don’t think we played awful defense on Dixon, he got a few freebies… but mostly he hit contested deep shots. I will trust to averages and tired legs to help us in the second half

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT