ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia Tech at UNC game thread for: Monday 24 January

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
Three winnable games at home this week and a opportunity to start a new winning streak…Many couch coached who are displeased with the team and the head Coach have voiced their opinions and ideas on what needs to be done to straighten the ship and I would like submit one more suggestion to hopefully help the team to turn this season around.

I would scrap the new open offense that is suppose to open up the driving lanes for the guards because the paint would not be so crowded and go back to the two bigs down low.

Carolina has used the two big men in the point for 60 years and because of that the team has owned the boards and had so many easy tip ins and follow ups. That has not been the case this season because it is not fair to Bacot to be responsible for all of the dirty work in the paint.

The guards do not even drive that much but prefer to shoot threes from Franklin Street. I can only speak for myself but I would rather see the bigs shoot from in close where they have a better chance of scoring or being fouled then seeing them shoot corner jumpers with long rebounds.

Having two bigs under the rim would also help defensively and stop many of these easy layups and baskets.

Yes I fully understand changing the offensive and defensive philosophy that has worked for 60 years to a different scheme can be very difficult but I guess I am just old school in my belief that if something is working and has work for over half a century why change it…

Regardless give ‘em Hell Heels…

Just saw on Facebook that Dickie V will not be able to do anymore ESPN games for the rest of the year due to the health problems with his throat…

Hopefully Garcia comes back rested and ready to go. Seems to a little slow with his recovery from Covid (if I remember correctly)

I think we are getting worse!

Also there is no rhyme or reason to the substitution patterns!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT