ADVERTISEMENT

Walking Dead - possible SPOILERS!

No idea what is going on with this show. I think the last episode I watched was when Carl wussed out on shooting Negan. I have a former student who is obsessed with this show and comes to see me sometimes who told me Carl is dead though. He did not like that I was happy about that, lol. So at least there is that though. As long as Carl is gone and Daryl is alive I may try and catch up someday.

I just can't buy Daryl as the leader of a group. His character has always been the lone wolf guy. It would be hard to take him being the leader seriously. Maggie just signed a new contract, but I'm not sure how many years it's for. I can't really picture her as the leader either, especially if she plays a part in the downfall of Rick. They just need to kill the show off at the end of this season and be done with it.
I can't buy him as the leader either but they are throwing money at him to stay on and take over as the leading man so get ready for that to happen. I'd rather Negan take over.

I can't buy him as the leader either but they are throwing money at him to stay on and take over as the leading man so get ready for that to happen. I'd rather Negan take over.
I read somewhere that Michonne's contract is up at the end of this season and she has said she's not coming back either. I'm hoping if her, Rick and Maggie leave they will just cancel it.

Reactions: coolwaterunc
I read somewhere that Michonne's contract is up at the end of this season and she has said she's not coming back either. I'm hoping if her, Rick and Maggie leave they will just cancel it.

No chance. This is AMC’s cash cow, and even though ratings have dropped, they’re still really high.

If anything I wouldn’t be surprised to see them add another spin off series

No idea what is going on with this show. I think the last episode I watched was when Carl wussed out on shooting Negan. I have a former student who is obsessed with this show and comes to see me sometimes who told me Carl is dead though. He did not like that I was happy about that, lol. So at least there is that though. As long as Carl is gone and Daryl is alive I may try and catch up someday.
Carl haters unite, my brutha.

Anyone going to keep watching the show after Rick is gone? I don't really see a reason to continue the show after him. They should have cancelled it once they said he wasn't coming back.

Anyone going to keep watching the show after Rick is gone? I don't really see a reason to continue the show after him. They should have cancelled it once they said he wasn't coming back.
I quit watching about 2 seasons ago. Even though the dude playing Neegan is good in that role, I just got burned out on it. I'm sure after Rick is gone, it's gonna be tough to maintain.

I quit watching about 2 seasons ago. Even though the dude playing Neegan is good in that role, I just got burned out on it. I'm sure after Rick is gone, it's gonna be tough to maintain.
Last season was pretty good. Apparently the plan is to have Darryl be the new Rick, but that's just not believable to me. His personality is completely different. I would be surprised if it lasts more than one season after Rick. Apparently Maggie and Michonne are close to leaving as well.

Scott Gimple ruined this show. It would have been so much better if it was on HBO and Frank Darabont (S1 director) was still calling the shots.

I’m pretty much burned out in the series too. I guess I’ll hang around to see how Rick gets terminated. I tried to watch the offshoot show Fear and just lost interest after the second season.

I’m more into Better Call Saul on AMC.

Reactions: toophly1124
I’m pretty much burned out in the series too. I guess I’ll hang around to see how Rick gets terminated. I tried to watch the offshoot show Fear and just lost interest after the second season.

I’m more into Better Call Saul on AMC.

Season 3 of FTWD was really good. Just don't watch season 4. Ever. The show ended after season 3 as far as I'm concerned. Gimple came over for S4 and it went to absolute garbage

Reactions: HookUNC75
Easter eggs won’t change the fact that these writers ruined the show.

Rick dying only made sense if Carl survived to carry the story into the next generation. But fukking amc didn’t want to pay him as an adult actor so shitstain gimple wrote him out with a meaningless death.

Looks like they're tying it back to season 1 with him falling off the horse. I think it's alright, especially how it just happened after Glenn was brought up in the conversation with Daryl about how Glenn saved him that time.
Dying because he fell off a horse is one of the dumbest things I can think of. And then he goes on some long as Pied Piper march. I can't think of a worse send off for a show that's about him. I'll watch it until the group finds out and then I'm out.

Maybe the Whisperers are in that horde and kill him. Would be a decent way to introduce those characters.

Yeah they took a long time to get to it but I thought it was decent. Kinda wondered if they would actually kill him, guess they're going to be making tv movies about Rick going forward.

Should of just killed him. Now what exactly happens to him? He recovers but doesn't go back to his family? He dies in jail? Stupid either way. It's such a cop out to not kill him just to put him in movies. Garbage story line.

ETA: It also makes the past few episodes useless. All that time spent on the bridge and he blows it up. Trash.

2ETA: And it doesn't even look like they are going to deal with the impact of his death. They are just going to do a time jump. That makes no sense.

Last edited:
Robert Kirkman screwed up royally when he turned his idea over to AMC and Scott Gimple.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT