ADVERTISEMENT

Wendell Moore

The silent verbal is not disputed by any insiders. Why do you think Roy and the other coaches where so upset when he fIipped at LNWR? The coaches where furious and this was widely reported by insiders. Bottom line, I don't want the brat at UNC. Roy stopped recruiting other players at his position for 2 years and the kid reneged on his silent verbal that he gave prior to LNWR. My souces miss some and they get some right. Many posters on this site have sources and they don't get them 100% right. Even insiders get projections wrong. I hope he rots on Duke's bench or any othet team he plays for. If you screw Roy...screw you!
You may be totally right about the circumstances, but I still think this much venom is uncalled for. We're talking about someone who just completed their sophomore year in high school and may not even be driving a car yet changing their mind. It's really pretty understandable when you think about it.

Silent commits don't mean much. Heck, that kid Herro from Wisconsin just decommitted, and he had been quite vocal that he wanted to play there. Don't count your chickens until they sign on the LOI dotted line. We'd all be disappointed if he chooses Duke, but we'll win with him or without him.

Reactions: Ozheelfan and Steat
According to this:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article181478971.html

Moore is still planning to announce before his high school season ends in March. He also said:

“I’m probably not going to wait too late. It’s not so much the pressure, but I just want to focus on that senior year, period, and not have anything else to worry about.”

Maybe Roy will make other offers (Baker? Gaffney?), but we should still know Moore's status before the AAU spring season gets underway.

According to this:

Moore is still planning to announce before his high school season ends in March. He also said:

“I’m probably not going to wait too late. It’s not so much the pressure, but I just want to focus on that senior year, period, and not have anything else to worry about.”

Maybe Roy will make other offers (Baker? Gaffney?), but we should still know Moore's status before the AAU spring season gets underway.

Probably realizing Duke isnt really recruiting him

Reactions: Archer2
According to this:

So after his "betrayal" (as some put it) on the 13th, we've received 2 more crystal ball picks, Baker committed to Duke, he's still playing ball with Rechon, and is still going to commit relatively soon.

Yea, he's coming to UNC. These are teenagers guys. Don't get caught up in the moment to moment stuff.

Roy was just down to Cox Mill to see Wendell and Rechon October 31, 2017, again. Wendell knows Roy is honest and sincere and keeps his word.

Well look at this. Not only has no other offers gone out, he went to go see Wendell. Does this confirm things were blown out of proportion? It does for me.

Roy was just down to Cox Mill to see Wendell and Rechon October 31, 2017, again. Wendell knows Roy is honest and sincere and keeps his word.

How does this change anything? We already knew Roy was honest and sincere. It's Wendell we weren't so sure about.

The only reason we'll (probably) land him is because Joey took his spot and didn't want to be the odd man out.

The only thing this shows is that Roy is going to keep pursuing Dook Boys regardless of what action they take.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT