ADVERTISEMENT

Wendell Moore

I have two sources and I would recommend you consider both as rumors. I love ya Dave, but just like you have said on this site many times, you don't reveal your sources. I can say this, when you have insiders who don't "dispute" what you are saying that says a lot. I'll leave it had that. Moore will never be in a UNC uniform. He screwed Roy.

Is this Delvon Roe Part II?

I don't fault Dook or K for making a late offer. Recruiting is a business, and you have to be cutthroat to win.

Once again we prioritized a dook fan over other recruits who actually wanted a UNC offer, and it looks like it's going to bite us yet again. The only upside is that we're not hurting in regards to our recruiting like we have been in the past, and it's likely not too late to get someone else. Perhaps it's not too late to get back in the running for Joey Baker. Especially since he was trending for Dook and we had yet to offer.

And our roster isn't "full" of those players. Only guy that falls under that category would be Garrison Brooks.

Off top of my head brooks, manley and williams iirc. So yea maybe “full” isnt accurate

Dave, see my post above about Little. I'm convinced that if it was not for the FBI probe Little was headed to Arizona. I know many with UNC ties that have this same opinion.

Steat, my understanding was the kid was being nudged toward Zona by Augustine that maybe the suggestion that some programs may be willing to pay for a kid like him to play for them was suggested in more of a test the water fashion but was not likely taken by the kid or his family as an offer to consider. Augustine from what I hear held big time influence on the kid as to where he would end up so yeah, if allowed to run that way unchecked it does seem he would have committed to Zona. Some of these coaches hold big time influence over these kids, more so than I think many realize.

However, there were several negative comments made by fans here concerning Little, several flat out we don't want him comments and now as we see we not only have him in the fold but I hope we are all very glad we do. I am suggesting we give this kid the time to make sure of his decision, I really don't think Roy would do any less.

Now I said when the Little thing was unfolding, we will know what Roy thinks by his actions moving forward. If you see a quick offer go out to another big time 3 (wing 3, small forward) in the next 3 or 4 days for the 2019 class then you will know what Roy thinks. If for example Roy offers Joey in the next couple days then ya know, Roy has moved on, if he doesn't then maybe Roy is still in and just giving the kid some time to be rock sure he wants to be a Tar Heel. No offense, right now I think it is the later, I do think there is some knee jerk reactions to something that to me is very understandable and still plays in our favor. I could be wrong but don't see evidence right now to see it differently than I did last week this time when he looked like ours.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Steat, my understanding was the kid was being nudged toward Zona by Augustine that maybe the suggestion that some programs may be willing to pay for a kid like him to play for them was suggested in more of a test the water fashion but was not likely taken by the kid or his family as an offer to consider. Augustine from what I hear held big time influence on the kid as to where he would end up so yeah, if allowed to run that way unchecked it does seem he would have committed to Zona. Some of these coaches hold big time influence over these kids, more so than I think many realize.

However, there were several negative comments made by fans here concerning Little, several flat out we don't want him comments and now as we see we not only have him in the fold but I hope we are all very glad we do. I am suggesting we give this kid the time to make sure of his decision, I really don't think Roy would do any less.

Now I said when the Little thing was unfolding, we will know what Roy thinks by his actions moving forward. If you see a quick offer go out to another big time 3 (wing 3, small forward) in the next 3 or 4 days for the 2019 class then you will know what Roy thinks. If for example Roy offers Joey in the next couple days then ya know, Roy has moved on, if he doesn't then maybe Roy is still in and just giving the kid some time to be rock sure he wants to be a Tar Heel. No offense, right now I think it is the later, I do think there is some knee jerk reactions to something that to me is very understandable and still plays in our favor. I could be wrong but don't see evidence right now to see it differently than I did last week this time when he looked like ours.
Good points Dave. Now that Little is on board I'm all in. I gave an analogy in one of the threads that I look at the Liitle situation as family (UNC fans) sitting around the kitchen table debating an issue. Plates are thrown and feeling are hurt. But, when it is all said and done we are a unified front once we leave the kitchen and hit the streets. I will support Little just like I suport the rest of the players . I hope Little is okay and there is nothing there. After seven years of the AFAM stuff we need a break, and that may be is a gross understatement.

As for Moore, I don't want the kid at UNC. On the other hand, if the kid changes his mind and Roy accepts him I will support Roy's decision and root for the kid in a UNC uniform. I hope like heck that ship has sailed. This entire episode is sickening to me.

Moore is a good ball player and somebody we'd like to have. In saying that, he's not good enough to hold us hostage while considering the Dook offer. Our program is just too good for that and we'll find success with or without him. I'd pretty much tell the young man that we will
Give him time to make a decision but that because of that, we must also do what's best for our program and that's explore our other options so should we find a good fit and that player commits, then the offer is rescinded.

Good points Dave. Now that Little is on board I'm all in. I gave an analogy in one of the threads that I look at the Liitle situation as family (UNC fans) sitting around the kitchen table debating an issue. Plates are thrown and feeling are hurt. But, when it is all said and done we are a unified front once we leave the kitchen and hit the streets. I will support Little just like I suport the rest of the players . I hope Little is okay and there is nothing there. After seven years of the AFAM stuff we need a break, and that may be is a gross understatement.

As for Moore, I don't want the kid at UNC. On the other hand, if the kid changes his mind and Roy accepts him I will support Roy's decision and root for the kid in a UNC uniform. I hope like heck that ship has sailed. This entire episode is sickening to me.

If the story you present is true, (Silent UNC Verbal, dook offal, uh, I mean offer, Tells Roy no at LNWR) I am quite sure he will never play at UNC. I am 100% convinced that Roy won't put up with that kind of shenanigan.

Well, Moore did reopen his recruitment. His recruitment would've had to basically be shut down for him to be able to reopen and sadly one offer from Dook spurred this. I really wish Roy would've offered both Baker and Moore with a first come first serve option.

I can't help but to think Capel orchestrated this. There really isn't a level he won't stoop to and the timing of the offer, Moore sitting on the offer and then taking advantage of a front row seat to late night with Roy all along planning to break the bad news that night. This just smells like Jeff Capel and it's unfortunate that Moore would allow things to play out this way.

. After watching a banner drop and the NCAA clears us; you say oh btw I want to reopen my recruitment because you know dook offered. Then we find out he could have told coach dook offered Thursday he held onto it until late nite. I am not saying he did but it looks like he did that just to twist the knife.
I actually think it took more guts to tell Roy to his face than it would have to do it on the phone or by text. I admire him for that. I think he probably thought he owed Roy that much at least. If he really wants to go to d00k, that's where he should go.
Evidently he grew up a dookie, he gets an offer, he still has like a year to decide. Any recruit would be a flaming moron to not consider an offer from dook. The only thing i would say he “owes” us is to be honest.
I agree completely.

I do believe the d00k offer was orchestrated to foil Roy's plans, knowing full well he has been all in on Moore for quite a while now. Many of us, myself included, couldn't understand why he hadn't offered Baker. So we shall see if Roy extends more offers in the near future. If so, I think that will be pretty telling.

Oddly enough, the crystal ball now has d00k overtaking UNC for Baker's commitment, 71% to 29%, while we're still favored 75% to 25% over d00k for Moore. Crazy.

I will say Moore seems more like a UNC guy and Baker a d00k guy to me.

me thinks that if after all the effort Roy has put towards recruiting him over the past couple years .. and if it's true he dissed Roy at LNWR just because he got an offer from dook .. then he may not be a person of character that fits the UNC program, and he more suits the kind of person that would be right at home on the bench with the rat and the rest of mice, floppers and scum that reside in the barn in derm. Hopefully there is more or less to this than appears on the surface. jmho

Reactions: CJBlue
he dissed Roy at LNWR just because he got an offer from dook

"Dissed Roy" - what does that even mean?

Did he insult Roy? If so, sure, rage away.

Did he tell Roy he was reopening his recruitment? If so, what's wrong with that? Would you prefer he string him along during the visit? Would you prefer he tell Roy via text?

Yeah I don't necessarily see any reason to be upset if all that happened is he told Roy he wants to reconsider his options. Whether its recruiting, job hunting, dating, etc you gotta find the right fit for you, and effort from the other person is great but it only means so much. Ultimately, if you want to go in a different direction you should absolutely do so.

Now, if we were to decide to cut Moore off I would understand that as well. The jilted party is also under no obligation to pretend like nothing has happened. I think we should at least have patience until we get a clearer picture, because a lot depends on exactly what Moore said to Roy and what's going on in his head right now. If Moore really needs a lot more time or is leaning Duke, I'd say Roy might as well offer Baker (and whoever else).

Yeah I don't necessarily see any reason to be upset if all that happened is he told Roy he wants to reconsider his options. Whether its recruiting, job hunting, dating, etc you gotta find the right fit for you, and effort from the other person is great but it only means so much. Ultimately, if you want to go in a different direction you should absolutely do so.

Now, if we were to decide to cut Moore off I would understand that as well. The jilted party is also under no obligation to pretend like nothing has happened. I think we should at least have patience until we get a clearer picture, because a lot depends on exactly what Moore said to Roy and what's going on in his head right now. If Moore really needs a lot more time or is leaning Duke, I'd say Roy might as well offer Baker (and whoever else).

Good post.

The more you watch the recruiting game the more you simply don't understand it. Coach Williams recruits Wendell Moore for 2 years while Dook shows little to no interest. A article comes out last week that Moore's recruitment is winding down with a decision in late November or early December with everyone knowing he's Chapel Hill bound. The next day after the article comes out Dook offers him a scholarship. He suddenly blows off a 2 year recruitment. Dook tried the same thing the week Leaky Black was announcing his commitment. I don't know Wendell Moore but a lot of these kids have no sense of respect or loyalty. I guess what makes boggles my mind even more is that parents allow this sort of BS to occur. I suppose Coach Williams saw this as a big slap in the face.

It's called fake news! aka dook fake ... K is trying to fake out ROY ...!

"Dissed Roy" - what does that even mean?

If a coach has been recruiting you hard for a couple years .. whereas another coach has shown you little interest at all .. and then the night before he attends LNWR the coach that has shown little interest makes an offer and the recruit tells Roy at their opening event (LNWR where they hang the 2017 Banner) that all at once he is seriously considering a school that has shown no interest then that is called "dissing" aka disrespecting .. don't be obtuse.

Reactions: CJBlue
If a coach has been recruiting you hard for a couple years .. whereas another coach has shown you little interest at all .. and then the night before he attends LNWR the coach that has shown little interest makes an offer and the recruit tells Roy at their opening event (LNWR where they hang the 2017 Banner) that all at once he is seriously considering a school that has shown no interest then that is called "dissing" aka disrespecting .. don't be obtuse.

There's nothing disrespectful about that. Moore should make the choice he thinks is best for him - regardless of when that choice becomes an option.

Knowing he was now considering Duke but not telling Roy would have been disrespectful.

if Moore goes to dook and Baker goes somewhere else..just drop the men's BB program..cos these prospects are potentially better than Worthy or Jordan or Stackhouse...amazing how some are sooo afraid of dook..smh

Is this Delvon Roe Part II?
Seems like it.... hope not.

Not ready to throw the kid under the bus... but as has been mentioned above in various ways, would love to see Moore in Carolina Blue but if he goes the other way he's just another dookie and I couldn't care less.

I really hate this I have known Moore since 3rd or 4th grade him and his family are all good people. dook is his dream school so I get it but I sure hope Coach go head and offer Baker . Christian Brown is more athletic than skill when I seen him over the years but would take him. Add any of them and Nickelberry would be awesome.

Gotta go with Archer on this one. If the kid manned up and told Roy to his face that he wanted to step back and make sure since dook offered, then I admire that. I am sure Roy would, too. Kids nowadays rarely do things face to face, so IF this kid went to Roy and told him, I respect that. I also don't begrudge him for stepping back and looking at his options. I did it before taking the job I am at now. I had been contacted by a headhunter for an interview at the company I am at now, but didn't hear back for a long time. In the process, I was talking to company 2 and had been all but offered by them when the headhunter called me about an interview. I was up front and honest with the guy at company 2 because I had looking at both. I interviewed and went with company 1 because it was a better fit for me personally.

I see no difference here. Kid is making a life decision and wants to make sure he knows which is best for him. I agree with Archer, if he chooses us, then we will all know it was because he wants to be here.

Look, we all know what dook is doing. If they were serious about this kid, they wouldn't have waited this long to offer. I am sure he or his parents (more likely) can see through that, but when the best programs in the country come to you and offer, you would be foolish not to look at what they were offering.

Yes, the timing sucks. Yes, we know what dook is doing and yes we know Roy has put in a lot of time to land him, but this is how the game is played.

Christian Brown might be the guy to go after if we miss on Moore and Baker. Or perhaps Alonzo Gaffney.

I totally 4got bout Gaffney. He is a beast in the making/super scrawny at the moment like Henson was in HS but his frame indicates he's gonna put on muscle fast when he starta filling out and Carolinas weight'n'strengthening program with Jonas will have him super yoked in a jiff/also read n article that he mentions that he grew up with only 1 wish besides the NBA and that was playing at North Carolina/his ability to cut and slash and dunk on anyone will have the crowd on blap!/I totaly fogot about chwistian Brown. I caught a live game with him a year·1/2 ago and his motor is fire all game/plus he seemed like a defensive stalwart except has game seemed super raw. With top notch coaching that kid will be impossible to stop/not sure if any1s caught emmitt Williams ball~emmitts motor is on par with psychoTs and I haven't seen anyone with a jet motor like this two/I wish c Carolina was in on emmitt cause I have bin dying for another player with a engine that don't stop/thankfully we's got nas little on board and I havnt seen him with my own digis but im hearing the kid is relentles/

I got to give a super big ups to Steat/bin a huge fan of his posts for a long time/ I defintly app the Intel he brings/bitween clint Jackson~Steat~greg Barnes~Andrew & Rob Jones~deanna king I can't pick whos the best mod on this site/but to get back on the Intel I gots to say that moores backtrack on his rock solid silent verbal he gave Roy is what has me fuming/Its bin known 4 a bit he's waiting on the duke offer buts I hav to say that I was believin that bcause ole'Roy put so much time n effort in2 buildin there relatshunship that Moore woulda atleast just made acnowlegment of offer from coach KKK but would have just continued on/he never set a decision date so he didnt hav to 'reopen anything' except he had to bcause of the silent verbal/things didnt make sense until the silent verbal was leaked out n now totaly makes sense///I apolgise for spelling mistakes my spellin is aweful so I shorten words a lot because it's embarasing but its alway pointed out 2 me so I want 2 explain before people blast me for it/tnxs

Gaffney or Baker would be my first choice. Just hope we don't wait any longer to offer someone than we already have. Tired of wasting time with closet Dook recruits.

Reactions: TheGLOV and CJBlue
I got to give a super big ups to Steat/bin a huge fan of his posts for a long time/ I defintly app the Intel he brings/bitween clint Jackson~Steat~greg Barnes~Andrew & Rob Jones~deanna king I can't pick whos the best mod on this site/but to get back on the Intel I gots to say that moores backtrack on his rock solid silent verbal he gave Roy is what has me fuming/Its bin known 4 a bit he's waiting on the duke offer buts I hav to say that I was believin that bcause ole'Roy put so much time n effort in2 buildin there relatshunship that Moore woulda atleast just made acnowlegment of offer from coach KKK but would have just continued on/he never set a decision date so he didnt hav to 'reopen anything' except he had to bcause of the silent verbal/things didnt make sense until the silent verbal was leaked out n now totaly makes sense///I apolgise for spelling mistakes my spellin is aweful so I shorten words a lot because it's embarasing but its alway pointed out 2 me so I want 2 explain before people blast me for it/tnxs
Solid post don't worry about spelling we all make them even those quick to point them out. I try to proof read before I post provided I am between vehicles

I totally 4got bout Gaffney. He is a beast in the making/super scrawny at the moment like Henson was in HS but his frame indicates he's gonna put on muscle fast when he starta filling out and Carolinas weight'n'strengthening program with Jonas will have him super yoked in a jiff/also read n article that he mentions that he grew up with only 1 wish besides the NBA and that was playing at North Carolina/his ability to cut and slash and dunk on anyone will have the crowd on blap!/I totaly fogot about chwistian Brown. I caught a live game with him a year·1/2 ago and his motor is fire all game/plus he seemed like a defensive stalwart except has game seemed super raw. With top notch coaching that kid will be impossible to stop/not sure if any1s caught emmitt Williams ball~emmitts motor is on par with psychoTs and I haven't seen anyone with a jet motor like this two/I wish c Carolina was in on emmitt cause I have bin dying for another player with a engine that don't stop/thankfully we's got nas little on board and I havnt seen him with my own digis but im hearing the kid is relentles/
Oh my how the English language has been changed:confused::)

Reactions: tarheel0910
Personally, I'm a fan of Gaffney more so than Moore or Baker and Gaffney grew up a UNC fan. I see Gaffney being similar to John Henson. He may prefer being a 3/4 but once on campus, he'll quickly see that he can be great as a pure pf and eventually make a lot of money in the NBA doing it.

Personally, I'm a fan of Gaffney more so than Moore or Baker and Gaffney grew up a UNC fan. I see Gaffney being similar to John Henson. He may prefer being a 3/4 but once on campus, he'll quickly see that he can be great as a pure pf and eventually make a lot of money in the NBA doing it.

Yeah - I think if we prioritize Gaffney we can land him. He was a heavy Louisville lean before their mess so we can step in and become favorites.

I like the Henson comparison, he's certainly long and skinny. His jumper is more ready than Henson's was but John was definitely more of a rebounder and shot blocker (one of the best shot blockers we've ever had).

The problem with a guy like Gaffney is that he might spend one year in college struggling to figure out his role and then leave for the NBA.

The problem with a guy like Gaffney is that he might spend one year in college struggling to figure out his role and then leave for the NBA.
On the flip side, he could excel as a PF day one and become a OAD. Your "potential" problem is not something to be concerned with. Let's get the kid on campus and then see what happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT