ADVERTISEMENT

Where you at now TexasSeminole? Talk about embarrassing...

TarHeelMark

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2006
Southern Part of Heaven
Yeah, where you at smart-ass "TexasSeminole"? You tried to say the Heels were embarrassing the ACC the other day, but at least we were playing a team that legitimately could've been in the playoffs if not for key injuries. And we played hard and fought to the end.

OTH, You're getting your ass handed to you by a non-big5 school. And your team is already packing it in before halftime.

There is NO DOUBT in my mind that the Heels would've beaten FSU this year as well.

I doubt that dude was a FSU fan....They are in trouble without a QB though....The FSU fans that post on this site have been good...

I think he was trolling but if he wasnt then all I can say is my apologies for that ballsack's posts on here. Anyway ... we dug a deep hole ((the same ole story for this year -- Offensive woes)) ... but I would also like to say that Houston came to play and they deserved to win. This game really hurt to watch but we will be back.

I think he was trolling but if he wasnt then all I can say is my apologies for that ballsack's posts on here. Anyway ... we dug a deep hole ((the same ole story for this year -- Offensive woes)) ... but I would also like to say that Houston came to play and they deserved to win. This game really hurt to watch but we will be back.

Looks like ya'll play Ole Miss, Clemson, us, UF as well as Louisville and Miami next year. That's likely 4-5 ranked teams in a single regular season.

Hopefully you guys beat Ole Miss and UF. That'd be nice to see an ACC team beat 2 of the better SEC teams in the regular season.

Reactions: nolegeorge
Yeah, where you at smart-ass "TexasSeminole"? You tried to say the Heels were embarrassing the ACC the other day, but at least we were playing a team that legitimately could've been in the playoffs if not for key injuries. And we played hard and fought to the end.

OTH, You're getting your ass handed to you by a non-big5 school. And your team is already packing it in before halftime.

There is NO DOUBT in my mind that the Heels would've beaten FSU this year as well.
I am an FSU a fan, and both of our teams looked like they didn't come prepared to play. And you are probably right, NC very likely would have beaten FSU this year, as our weak offense probably wouldn't have been able to keep up in a scoring fest.

We had an off year, I would hope it's nuch better next year

Looks like ya'll play Ole Miss, Clemson, us, UF as well as Louisville and Miami next year. That's likely 4-5 ranked teams in a single regular season.

Hopefully you guys beat Ole Miss and UF. That'd be nice to see an ACC team beat 2 of the better SEC teams in the regular season.

I think we will have a solid team next year but we will have to have much better play from our OL / QB. Early next season the ACC has several tough OOC match ups against Auburn, UGA, UT, Vandy, Penn State ... others. We will have plenty of chances to win against quality teams ... lets hope our conference takes that next step as a whole.

I think we will have a solid team next year but we will have to have much better play from our OL / QB. Early next season the ACC has several tough OOC match ups against Auburn, UGA, UT, Vandy, Penn State ... others. We will have plenty of chances to win against quality teams ... lets hope our conference takes that next step as a whole.
I'm looking forward to our game next year. The Heels have to measure themselves in the ACC against Clemson and FSU. We competed reasonably well vs. the Tigers in the ACCCG and need to follow that up with a good game In Tallahassee.

I'm looking forward to our game next year. The Heels have to measure themselves in the ACC against Clemson and FSU. We competed reasonably well vs. the Tigers in the ACCCG and need to follow that up with a good game In Tallahassee.

THM, I think you all need to open up the season with a win against UGA ... that would be huge and its definitely doable. I dont think your division will be any easier next year as I expect UM / VT / UVA to all be more competitive. DUKE / PITT both have a lot coming back. On my side, UL's 4 studly Jr's on D are coming back for their Sr year ... and Clemson will be damn good with Watson. Next year just might be more fun to watch and with all these OOC match ups I really wish there was an ACC TV station.

Reactions: Raising Heel
Next year just might be more fun to watch and with all these OOC match ups I really wish there was an ACC TV station.
The absence of an ACC Network never used to bother me until recently. Now when I'm searching for something to watch I see multi-channel lineups offered by the B1G, Pac-12, and SEC. They're showing women's fencing and we can't even get a football game, for crying out loud.

Agree the UGA game is going to be huge. Much, much bigger than the SCar game to start last season, and I'd be saying that even without knowing how badly the Gamecocks' season turned out.

We'll see with all the various coaching and other changes. It appears UNC should have one of the least big changes with an experienced QB to take Marquise' place and just having a new OC with no other coaching changes. But we'll have to wait and see. The seniors really led this past year's team.

I'd pencil in Clemson to be as good as this year. You guys? I don't know but FSU has a lot of talent. UF has been weak. Ole Miss loses a lot. Maybe FSU can pull it off.

Miami has a lot of talent. New coach generally means rebuilding but Richt is a proven commodity. VA Tech and VA with new coaches are likely rebuilding years. Not sure where Pitt is. It'd be good for the ACC to win these OOC games or at least over half of them.

THM, I think you all need to open up the season with a win against UGA ... that would be huge and its definitely doable. I dont think your division will be any easier next year as I expect UM / VT / UVA to all be more competitive. DUKE / PITT both have a lot coming back. On my side, UL's 4 studly Jr's on D are coming back for their Sr year ... and Clemson will be damn good with Watson. Next year just might be more fun to watch and with all these OOC match ups I really wish there was an ACC TV station.

Agree all around. ACC should be better next year throughout the conference and though some don't see it this way, I think winning the first game against GA, hopefully convincingly but regardless, just a win, would be huge and sets the tone more for the season.

And it is time for an ACC TV station. We've got a much larger conference with a lot of good football programs. Time to do it right.

Just bounced back to say hello and thought I would put in my two cents. With all the coaching changes in the Coastal this year, I look forward to a really interesting season ahead. Of one thing I am certain, dook will resume its rightful position...at the bottom of the division!

Agree all around. ACC should be better next year throughout the conference and though some don't see it this way, I think winning the first game against GA, hopefully convincingly but regardless, just a win, would be huge and sets the tone more for the season.

And it is time for an ACC TV station. We've got a much larger conference with a lot of good football programs. Time to do it right.
I'll take a 1 point win over UGa. This Eason kid has a chance to a special player.

Cannot state just how crucial the UGA game is next year. Carolina is still riding some national momentum based on their overall season (yes that momentum took a major hit against Baylor.....but let's face it, with the overload of bowl games, people aren't going to specifically remember that game too much) but needs to prove that it can WIN against high-profile teams, not just show up on the same field.

We have yet to win a game against a "big-name opponent" during this recent resurgence. Period. And until we do, people will always think of us as a middle-of-the-pack team who can have decent seasons but just can't get it done against the big boys. If we can't beat UGA in their first game with a new QB and a new head coach, then we may truly cement ourselves as a program that cannot win big games. And that will start to have psychological effects on current and future Heels programs.

You already know what I'm going to say about the UGA game and our chances in it....

I like UNC's chances against UGA ... of course it will all start with stopping Chubb / Michael who are a very good tandem but its not impossible. UNC will definitely have enough talent to win that game.

I disagree about the effects of losing that game. Its football and that happens ... teams get up off the mat and become winners ... I think you have the coaching staff to do that if it happens.

I disagree about the effects of losing that game. Its football and that happens ... teams get up off the mat and become winners ... I think you have the coaching staff to do that if it happens.
2010: LSU (in Atlanta) -- Lose
2013: SCar (in Columbia) -- Lose
2015: SCar (in Charlotte) -- Lose
2015: Clemson (in ACCCG) -- Lose
2015: Baylor (in pretty high-profile bowl matchup) -- Lose

There's certainly a pattern here.

We have yet to win a game against a "big-name opponent" during this recent resurgence. Period. And until we do, people will always think of us as a middle-of-the-pack team who can have decent seasons but just can't get it done against the big boys. If we can't beat UGA in their first game with a new QB and a new head coach, then we may truly cement ourselves as a program that cannot win big games. And that will start to have psychological effects on current and future Heels programs.
You know who else used to have decent seasons but flop on the biggest stages? Clemson.

I don't disagree with the first part of your post, but the latter half sounds too fatalistic. I'd rather start winning with regularity first and using that as a stepping stone to big wins. It sure beats the hell out of the Moo approach of beating Florida State but going 3-5 in conference.

You know who else used to have decent seasons but flop on the biggest stages? Clemson.

I don't disagree with the first part of your post, but the latter half sounds too fatalistic. I'd rather start winning with regularity first and using that as a stepping stone to big wins. It sure beats the hell out of the Moo approach of beating Florida State but going 3-5 in conference.
Valid point. And fatalistic is my middle name. You should know this by now ;)

Cannot state just how crucial the UGA game is next year. Carolina is still riding some national momentum based on their overall season (yes that momentum took a major hit against Baylor.....but let's face it, with the overload of bowl games, people aren't going to specifically remember that game too much) but needs to prove that it can WIN against high-profile teams, not just show up on the same field.

Please don't refer to us as "middle of the pack". "middle of the bunch" "fringe top 20" anything else.

i think the baylor loss was a very minor setback.
11 win seasons are big deals with recruits. giving clemson all they wanted was a positive.
we'll be one of the national stories starting the season and a win against ga would be huge.
wish we had more time between ga and fsu so fedora could milk a ga win for all it's worth recruiting wise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT