ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the best chef in these parts? pictures encouraged

ticket2ride04

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 13, 2004
I'm a glutton. I love great food. And I can throw down on the grill. Who else is worthy?

Thanks. Found the thread. Too drawn out. We need to be sharing this stuff daily. And it needs pictures. Here's from a few weeks ago. Filet seared in a cast iron skillet on the grill. Buttered corn and broccoli to boot. Oh, and some butter garlic bread finished on the grill.

All I do is grill, grill, grill...

Seriously, cooking wise that is it except for the air fryer. I have a buddy who is a legit chef(graduated from NC State though).

Reactions: ticket2ride04
I pretty much always cook steaks using cast iron now but my wife complains about smoking up the kitchen. This week though, my son and I have the house to ourselves with my wife helping my daughter decorate rental house at Ole Miss. Last night I tried the "reverse sear method" on grass fed sirloin. Grass fed sirloin can be tough with the normal high heat sear method so I've been wanting to try this. I put two room temperature seasoned sirloins in 150 degree oven for 40 minutes. Pulled them out and let rest under aluminum foil for 10 minutes and then seared them in cast iron skillet for about a minute a side. added butter, garlic and thyme and spooned it over the steaks as they seared. Steaks turned out very tender. I'll definitely be doing this again on lower quality cuts.

Reactions: ticket2ride04
I pretty much always cook steaks using cast iron now but my wife complains about smoking up the kitchen. This week though, my son and I have the house to ourselves with my wife helping my daughter decorate rental house at Ole Miss. Last night I tried the "reverse sear method" on grass fed sirloin. Grass fed sirloin can be tough with the normal high heat sear method so I've been wanting to try this. I put two room temperature seasoned sirloins in 150 degree oven for 40 minutes. Pulled them out and let rest under aluminum foil for 10 minutes and then seared them in cast iron skillet for about a minute a side. added butter, garlic and thyme and spooned it over the steaks as they seared. Steaks turned out very tender. I'll definitely be doing this again on lower quality cuts.
Buy an Anova Sous Vide machine. It will change your life if you cook a lot.

Chemicals2-1105.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT