ADVERTISEMENT

Yacht Rock

gunslingerdick

Hall of Famer
Feb 16, 2006
I can't get enough. On the way to work this morning, I zoned out to Christopher Cross's "Sailing" and Ambrosia's "Biggest Part of Me". Recently, my Pandora radio has stayed on the Yacht Rock station.

In addition, you gotta check out the little mini series on youtube called Yacht Rock. It's pretty hilarious. Below is episode 1.

Please think of this thread as a safe space to discuss your affinity for the yacht rock genre.

Reactions: Raising Heel
There's a yacht rock station on Pandora?!

I'll confess that some of these types of bands have been favorited on my 70s Light Rock station. I've even fantasized about acing karaoke performances of Ambosia's three biggest hits* in front of an adoring crowd. For now, it's just my poor dogs.

I gotta check this out.

* Biggest Part of Me, You're the Only Woman (You & I), How Much I Feel

There's a yacht rock station on Pandora?!

I'll confess that some of these types of bands have been favorited on my 70s Light Rock station. I've even fantasized about acing karaoke performances of Ambosia's three biggest hits* in front of an adoring crowd. For now, it's just my poor dogs.

I gotta check this out.

* Biggest Part of Me, You're the Only Woman (You & I), How Much I Feel

No one karaoke's Dan Fogelberg's "Hard To Say" like I do.

Yes. I've been on yacht rock station for about 3 weeks. I think it's channel 17 Love on Sirius. Awesome. Also been spending some time on new PopRox station which is 90s/00s pop rock like Hootie, Dave Matthews, SpinDoctors. Good stuff

giphy.gif

I listened to Toto IV in its entirety last Friday night. The dogs seemed to like it, especially when I pointed at them while singing "Never been afraid of love til I met YOU." My baby dog lost her mind hahaha.

Rosanna is currently my 10 year old's favorite song. Not sure how my dog feels about it though.

Yes, my wife is hooked too. Every time we ride together she changes it to yacht rock. I ether have it on financial markets (if I'm working) Alt rock, college, etc. My parents were with me last week and made me change it to the beach music channel...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT