ADVERTISEMENT

Yacht Rock

They do a cover of Rosanna too. Weezer’s versions are just ok. I love Weezer and I love those two songs. I just thought Weezer didn’t do enough with either. Same arrangement and really very little Of their own spin.

I can't disagree too much with that statement. How about this for adding your own spin to the song.

They do a cover of Rosanna too. Weezer’s versions are just ok. I love Weezer and I love those two songs. I just thought Weezer didn’t do enough with either. Same arrangement and really very little Of their own spin.
Agreed. After hearing about the Africa cover I finally heard it yesterday and was underwhelmed. In fact, I thought the droning guitar buzz from the break through the end of the song is kinda awful. Maybe I need to listen to it again but meh.

@Terror Beard

Yacht Rock Revue played here in Charlotte on Saturday night. When the show was announced, the date was so far out I couldn't commit so I didn't buy tickets. Then I forgot about it and the show eventually sold out.

I started looking for tickets on the secondary market but they were $80. On the day of the show, they went up to $130. Sorry, but there's no way I'm paying that much for a cover band. I drove by the venue about an hour before the show to see if anyone was selling. The line to get in was already a mile long. The scalper outside was holding up a sign looking for tickets and said he'd been there for an hour with no luck.

So I didn't get to go, but they're still touring all over the place so hopefully I'll see them eventually.

@Terror Beard

Yacht Rock Revue played here in Charlotte on Saturday night. When the show was announced, the date was so far out I couldn't commit so I didn't buy tickets. Then I forgot about it and the show eventually sold out.

I started looking for tickets on the secondary market but they were $80. On the day of the show, they went up to $130. Sorry, but there's no way I'm paying that much for a cover band. I drove by the venue about an hour before the show to see if anyone was selling. The line to get in was already a mile long. The scalper outside was holding up a sign looking for tickets and said he'd been there for an hour with no luck.

So I didn't get to go, but they're still touring all over the place so hopefully I'll see them eventually.

I've seen you reference them on here before but I'm not really familiar with them. I do know Yachty By Nature and a couple years ago I hit them up on facebook just telling them that it's a shame they never come to the east coast. But lo and behold, the dude messaged me back a week or so later telling me about a date they had in Raleigh several months later. I really wanted to go but never could find anyone to go with me (like, WTF,...who doesn't enjoy yacht rock?). I didn't go but then I messaged the guy again and he basically said I was shit out of luck because he doubted they'd be back east ever again.

I just looked at YRR's schedule for the rest of the summer and the closest they're coming to me is Charleston or Myrtle Beach. That, like $130, is too much (far) for me to see a cover band.

iu

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT