ADVERTISEMENT

Yacht Rock

lolololololololol there is a band called Yacht Rock Revue and all they play is tributes to 1970s light rock. Here they are accompanying Robbie Dupree on his biggest hit, "Steal Away"

I was hooked on this stuff for past several weeks in a bad way. Reminds me of listening to the radio while fixing surfboard dings and playing ping pong every weekend in my friend's garage back in 78 or so sipping PBRs we had smuggled from someones fridge. Trust me though, it gets old. Same songs over and over for about three weeks. Fun while it lasted.

Trust me though, it gets old.
I-dont-believe-you.gif

I have not but should check it out. Joe Jackson has a great double live album that includes an alternate version of this song as well as 3 different versions of "Is She Really Going Out With Him": a capella, acoustic, and electric.

This is one of my favorite albums from that era. My band at the time would do that acapella version of "Is She Really Going Out With Him" quite often. I also loved his Jumpin Jive, which was a collection of swing hits.

Reactions: Raising Heel
To be the front man for a band like this would be the greatest life one could live.
We just started playing "Maneater." The intro is long, and most don't pick up on what it is, and you should see the heads snap around when I belt that first line: "She'll only come out at night..."

I'm going to North Hills in Raleigh on Oct 13 to see Yachty By Nature. @Raising Heel, want to meet me there?
I can't believe there are competing Yacht Rock Bands. Hahaha. Unfortunately, I already have tickets for a concert in Charlotte that night. I'm actually considering heading to Asheville to see Yacht Rock Revue play the Orange Peel on 9/30. That's the day of the Georgia Tech game in Atlanta, which I might not even watch because that offense makes me want to gouge my own eyes out.

I'm actually considering heading to Asheville to see Yacht Rock Revue play the Orange Peel on 9/30. That's the day of the Georgia Tech game in Atlanta, which I might not even watch because that offense makes me want to gouge my own eyes out.

I love the Orange Peel as a venue. I saw YMSB there in 2006 and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. And I agree on GT. I'd rather watch paint dry than be a fan of their team and have to watch that shit every week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT