ADVERTISEMENT

Yale vs UNC game thread on: Monday 30 December 2019

Worst team We’ve had under Roy. That being said, let’s hope we continue to get better and Roy finds a serviceable rotation abruptly upon Coles return.

Francis fouled with 14 seconds left and as the point guard should he nails both 70-64. Then Robinson fouls out on another bonehead play 70-67

Garrison slow to run the baseline and then throws it into the corner trap. We missed the front end and lucky to survive. Wow

Francis misses the front end of a one and one but Monroe misses a prayer at the buzzer 70-67 final. A couple bonehead plays at the end do not fortunately come back to bite the Heels in the buttocks...

Reactions: gauchoheel
Those refs were hot garbage, the kind that comes out of the south end of a northbound pig.
TV Teddy and the Balding dude who uses spray on hair are both known UNC haters.

We also were dumb getting anywhere close to Yalies at the end giving those scumbags a better opportunity to make some BS calls.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
We nearly "pooched" ourselves tonight. Had a double digit lead and then multiple possessions where we fired up bad 3's. Glad we hung on but man this season is hard to take. Hopefully improves when Cole returns.

When you get blown by with 14 second left and a 6 point lead you give up the 2 and keep it a 2 possession game, to think otherwise shows your basketball IQ is low.. It basically doesn't matter if he gets the 2 mathematically they won't have time for 2 possessions..

That was clearly a foul on Robinson on the layup.

Robinson had a ton of boneheaded plays down the end. Luckily, he hit some 3s to offset them.

Harris getting hurt sucks. Looked clearly like an ACL.

Francis continues to make us better.

It is at least watchable without Platek and Huffman, If Cole returning reduces Keeling then that's also the next step to getting as much out of this team as humanly possible...

That was clearly a foul on Robinson on the layup.

Robinson had a ton of boneheaded plays down the end. Luckily, he hit some 3s to offset them.

Harris getting hurt sucks. Looked clearly like an ACL.

Francis continues to make us better.

If it is an ACL I would consider rapping it up as a Basketball player just not in the cards for him...
He looked like he was more scared than anything so Lets hope that's all it is...

We nearly "pooched" ourselves tonight. Had a double digit lead and then multiple possessions where we fired up bad 3's. Glad we hung on but man this season is hard to take. Hopefully improves when Cole returns.

had a double digit lead then we put in Leaky with BRob.

Reactions: Spaceytoyz
What the hell happened in this game. Francis sat for almost the final 7 minutes(until Harris was hurt). This was a must win and we wanted to prove what, "that we could win with Leaky at the point". Francis must have gotten in the dog house because to think we can handle pressure without him is beyond stubborn.

Francis made some mistakes but we don't win this game without him.

I don't necessarily agree on the low talent point. Granted, it's not up to normal Carolina standards talent-wise, but there's just something. Current 5 on the floor include 3 top-100 recruits and 2 grad transfers that were at least moderately productive at their last stops.

I'll take the W.

Much to improve on. Hope Harris is ok.
It's true, and I don't really buy the "no talent" argument. We have five top 100 recruits, two of whom were HS All-Americans. Brooks was just outside the top 100 and the grad transfers were good at mid-majors. It's not as talented as most of our teams, but we're usually ridiculously stacked.

Look around college basketball. In the ACC only dook and Louisville have more top 100 recruits, and only dook has more McD AAs. We have plenty of talent to be a solid tourney team. Yale has zero top 100 players. Gonzaga has only four top 100 players in their eight man rotation, and none were ranked in the top 40. I'd love to have our usual roster, but this team could still be good. The problems are:

1) We have nobody who can shoot anywhere near their level of athleticism to this point (besides Cole, I think)
2) We play low IQ ball. Bad spacing and bad shot selection compound our shooting woes. We play slow by UNC standards and hardly get any fast breaks. We also are prone to dumb turnovers from upper classmen and don't generate hardly any: 318th in defensive TO% in D-1, which is amazing given our length.

Solid win tonight; really needed it. Not sure how much we can improve on #1 this year but #2 could be fixed, and with a healthier and shorter lineup and the emergence of Francis (and hopefully Harris if he's okay) I still think we have a shot for a top-25 type of season.

Correct I mean Huff Rotating in this game against those swinging passes would be nothing short of a train wreck.. I like Huff But not in this one..

Love Huffman, he seems to be a really great guy. But as soon as he enters the game, any opposing coach worth his weight in salt immediately puts him in the pick & roll and it's OVER.

This is a must game. Gotta believe its a second half for Francis and Harris again. This teams half court just grinds to a halt with BRob and Leaky as wings. We can be good with just BRob but both at the same time creates very losing offense.
Agree, Brooks needs to play the 3. Leaky subs in for him, can't play them together.

What the hell happened in this game. Francis sat for almost the final 7 minutes(until Harris was hurt). This was a must win and we wanted to prove what, "that we could win with Leaky at the point". Francis must have gotten in the dog house because to think we can handle pressure without him is beyond stubborn.

Francis made some mistakes but we don't win this game without him.
I think leaky's length was really bothering them defensively.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT