ADVERTISEMENT

Yet another fatal case of police brutality

Wow, so that meme must show that Bush was 23.3% better than their golden boy, Bubba. I wonder their take on that. While I'm always clamoring for statistics, I now see that statistics when presented by people who don't know how to control for unrelated variables, can be useless. There's a difference between correlation and causation, people!
How is that statistic useless?

Wow, so that meme must show that Bush was 23.3% better than their golden boy, Bubba. I wonder their take on that. While I'm always clamoring for statistics, I now see that statistics when presented by people who don't know how to control for unrelated variables, can be useless. There's a difference between correlation and causation, people!

Exactly. But there's even more to it. How many in Reagan's day were "assassinated"? You know,...where they come out of their house for work one morning and they get popped. I'm not talking about taking a bullet in a raid and the criminals get involved in a shootout. I'm talking about straight up shot when the cop wasn't expecting it. Does it matter? Not really. Because a dead cop is a dead cop. It was someone that had dedicated their life to serving and protecting and now they're gone. But I do think it speaks to the culture that has been created where resistance against law and order is not only condoned but promoted. The numbers don't tell you that kind of stuff.

Let's just end this thread with this.

13567396_10157222578700249_3413666881271205865_n.jpg

How is that statistic useless?

What I'm trying to imply here is that the data in that meme show "correlation" without proving that it's "causation". I'm sure the average life expectancy of humans has increased over the last 100 years. I'm also sure the amount of pollution and greenhouse gases emitted into the ozone layer has increased over that time as well. So, I could draw up a meme like that one, with a little up arrow showing life expectancy increasing over time at the same time # of Kilotons of pollution emitted has increased over time - and lead the reader to believe that the increase in life expectancy is due to us putting out more pollution now than in the past.

Let me be very clear. The tactics that BLM is using will absolutely not get me to listen. If I was about to listen and then they go clog up a highway and just generally act like a public nuisance, I would then stick both of my fingers in my ears and purposely not listen. Go about things the right way and I'll listen. Now, I'm sure they're not but so worried about me listening because I can't really do anything for them. But I'm just saying that if I feel that way, I can promise you there are many other folks that feel that way. And to be clear, it's not just with BLM. Any cause using those tactics gets zero attention from me. It actually elicits the opposite reaction from me.

That's a perfect example of getting back what you give out. This is on both sides too. Both are stubborn and refuse to listen, thus you get the same result.... NO results!

Stupid is as stupid does. smh

Dude if you're gonna have to resort to going personal, at least get my age right. You're about half a decade off there sporty spice.

I'm gonna guess GSDs age is probably around 40 but he acts like a grumpy old 70 year old. He should enjoy his time more though because "psychic" in me sees 57 around him as an ending here. Old Mr. Dean there has to actually be around 60 or more. He's definitely a grumpy butt. :p:D:)

The '93 miss alabama (first black to do it) says the dallas shooter is a martyr and she knows most blacks feel that way but wont say so.

God wth is wrong with people

The '93 miss alabama (first black to do it) says the dallas shooter is a martyr and she knows most blacks feel that way but wont say so.

God wth is wrong with people

I haven't heard that one yet but that is just stupid think THINK or say on her part if that is true or anyone who thinks that way, for that matter. I understand their frustration but killing is NEVER the answer.

Unfortunately, I think our fine military establishment and our government taught this young man all about killing when they sent him off to war and he came back messed up in the head and did not get proper help for it. So many of these mass killings can be traced back to being sent off to war, yet it is like our government wants to just push that issue under the rug and kind of ignore it.

Reactions: Baby Debo
10 days old, but still a goodie:

http://nypost.com/2015/07/02/cops-save-anti-nypd-flag-burners-from-angry-bikers/

A group named "Disarm the Police" set up a flag burning and NYPD protest in NYC, which pissed off a biker gang who started to get riled up at the group, then the puds needed the cops to bail them out of their mess. Talk about irony.

Another one I somehow missed. It just shows you how messed up this whole damn country is in SO many ways!

Why is it never someone's fault? We're always looking to pass the blame off onto someone or something else.
- "Well, our military didn't take care of him when he came back from war. What do you expect?"
- "Oh, he grew up in poverty and without a dad."
- "He's been brainwashed by radicals."
- "He's been teased by coworkers".
- "He had a chemical dependency."

Sometimes, people are just batshit crazy. Other times, they're just evil. And sometimes they're both. We don't always have to "look deeper". Sometimes it's right there on the surface.

Why is it never someone's fault? We're always looking to pass the blame off onto someone or something else.
- "Well, our military didn't take care of him when he came back from war. What do you expect?"

Sometimes, people are just batshit crazy. Other times, they're just evil. And sometimes they're both. We don't always have to "look deeper". Sometimes it's right there on the surface.

You know, dick, you have a good point there. There may be nothing we could explain for your superiority complex, narcissism and mean spirit, you probably are just an asshole for no reason whatsoever, so I guess you might be on to something here.

I doubt anything any one of us has had to go through in life has effected us in any way, good or bad. I am sure that children who are brought up being told they are brilliant, beautiful, kind and smart who actually grow up that way would have any way, even if those same kids were brought up believing they were worthless, not good enough, abused and told they were stupid. There is probably nothing to the beliefs many of us have that sometimes situations or things being ingrained into our mind or thoughts we are taught, behaviors we are conditioned to growing up have absolutely zero to do with the person we become. The ones that fall into that trap and really believe it are just idiots and should know better.

Also, I am sincerely curious about this... Have you ever been in the military and gone overseas to the middle east and fought in the war?

It's a shame that these people must die, violently, but I see a lot of progress in the wake of all of it.

You know, dick, you have a good point there. There may be nothing we could explain for your superiority complex, narcissism and mean spirit, you probably are just an asshole for no reason whatsoever, so I guess you might be on to something here.

I doubt anything any one of us has had to go through in life has effected us in any way, good or bad. I am sure that children who are brought up being told they are brilliant, beautiful, kind and smart who actually grow up that way would have any way, even if those same kids were brought up believing they were worthless, not good enough, abused and told they were stupid. There is probably nothing to the beliefs many of us have that sometimes situations or things being ingrained into our mind or thoughts we are taught, behaviors we are conditioned to growing up have absolutely zero to do with the person we become. The ones that fall into that trap and really believe it are just idiots and should know better.

Ok. Thanks.

Nothing more to say.

Actually, since some of these guys did not resist arrest and simply asked a question, THEN got shot and killed, we might want to just become catatonic and not move a muscle or blink an eye and allow the cops to tie and bound us up, hand cuff us, duct tape our mouths, shackle us and THEN put us in the car and haul us off, no questions asked on the streets, especially for broken tail lights or selling CDs on the side walk.

Reactions: Baby Debo
While all of you are content pointing out statistics, ask yourself WHY.....why does anyone, regardless of race, rob, steal, or kill??? Ohhhh never mind. I'm tired of beating a dead horse v

Perhaps we cite statistics because we're tired of hearing everyone from the POTUS to left wing radical groups like BLM trying to convince America that police are "out to get" black Americans.

LEO's are much more likely to be shot by blacks than vice versa.
LEO's shoot many more white Americans than black Americans every year.
40% of the people killed by black Americans every year are white, 2% of the people killed by whites are black.
92% of the blacks killed in America every year are killed by other blacks.

I can go on and on but you should be able to see the point I'm trying to make. Much of black American culture is predicated on violence. Like it or not, that's an irrefutable fact. And it's literally killing them! Someone is killed almost daily in cities like Chicago, Detroit, and Baltimore, and most of them are black Americans. Yet we hear nothing about it. Why? Because the vast majority of them are killed by other blacks. Don't those lives matter too? Or is it just those that can be manipulated to further the agenda that blacks are being targeted by LEO's and whites?

It seems to me the only Americans who need to be reminded that Black Lives Matter are black Americans themselves because they're the ones who are committing the vast majority(92%) of crimes against blacks.

When policemen act wrongly, they should be punished to the letter of the law. I think we can all agree on that. But those instances are fairly rare and usually well publicized. The vast majority of our policemen are honestly tying to perform a dangerous but very necessary job. When we purposefully undermine their credibility/authority, it only leads to higher crime rates. One need only look at Baltimore, which recorded it's highest death rate ever in 2015, to see this is true. The consequence of turning public opinion against our LEO's is chaos.

Perhaps we cite statistics because we're tired of hearing everyone from the POTUS to left wing radical groups like BLM trying to convince America that police are "out to get" black Americans.

40% of the people killed by black Americans every year are white, 2% of the people killed by whites are black.

I can go on and on but you should be able to see the point I'm trying to make. Much of black American culture is predicated on violence. Like it or not, that's an irrefutable fact. And it's literally killing them! Someone is killed almost daily in cities like Chicago, Detroit, and Baltimore, and most of them are black Americans. Yet we hear nothing about it. Why? Because the vast majority of them are killed by other blacks. Don't those lives matter too? Or is it just those that can be manipulated to further the agenda that blacks are being targeted by LEO's and whites?

It seems to me the only Americans who need to be reminded that Black Lives Matter are black Americans themselves because they're the ones who are committing the vast majority(92%) of crimes against blacks.

When policemen act wrongly, they should be punished to the letter of the law. I think we can all agree on that. But those instances are fairly rare and usually well publicized. The vast majority of our policemen are honestly tying to perform a dangerous but very necessary job. When we purposefully undermine their credibility/authority, it only leads to higher crime rates. One need only look at Baltimore, which recorded it's highest death rate ever in 2015, to see this is true. The consequence of turning public opinion against our LEO's is chaos.

That is because you, like so many on here, believe the BLM movement is ONLY about police killing black people. That is just the thing that has got people motivated to try and be heard and get something done. It goes much deeper than that. Perhaps you guys should look into it.

That is because you, like so many on here, believe the BLM movement is ONLY about police killing black people. That is just the thing that has got people motivated to try and be heard and get something done. It goes much deeper than that. Perhaps you guys should look into it.

I'll do some more research on them because the message I've been getting from them hasn't been related to much else. I'm very curious to see if they're promoting values and decisions that would legitimately benefit the black American community. Things such as the importance of marriage and more positive male role models, the necessity of an education, and peaceful resolution of conflicts. And if they're speaking out against illegitimacy, high crime rates in black communities, and using deathly violence against themselves and others.

If they are, I'll report it here.

I'll do some more research on them because the message I've been getting from them hasn't been related to much else. I'm very curious to see if they're promoting values and decisions that would legitimately benefit the black American community. Things such as the importance of marriage and more positive male role models, the necessity of an education, and peaceful resolution of conflicts. And if they're speaking out against illegitimacy, high crime rates in black communities, and using deathly violence against themselves and others.

Seth does a good job. As always: through humor, you can tell the truth.

Watch that.

I’ll save you some time. To me they are kind of like the black panthers.

tumblr_n1uazgR1JJ1qln00mo1_500.gif

If black lives really mattered to Black Lives Matters, they'd stop their stupid traffic jams on the highway and interrupting brunch and they'd be protesting the block parties in the hood where gang activity runs rampant, fathers bail on their kids and drug use and the selling of drugs is an epidemic. But as you say (and backed up with legit statistics), black lives matter to everyone...except blacks.

That's great, Strum. It's very important that we try to see things from each other's perspective. It was primarily a spoof on conservatives but considering the source, I'd expect that. But we were specifically discussing BLM and the message they were disseminating. Are they addressing any of the issues I mentioned? If I find evidence that they are, I'll certainly post it. Perhaps you can as well. I'd love to see evidence that they are.

Another great read by the Wall Street Journal, a very liberal institution.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-myths-of-black-lives-matter-1468087453

Last edited:
All I can say is wow! From the official BLM website:

"Black Lives Matter is a chapter-based national organization working for the validity of Black life. We are working to (re)build the Black liberation movement.

This is Not a Moment, but a Movement.

#BlackLivesMatter was created in 2012 after Trayvon Martin’s murderer, George Zimmerman, was acquitted for his crime, and dead 17-year old Trayvon was posthumously placed on trial for his own murder. Rooted in the experiences of Black people in this country who actively resist our dehumanization, #BlackLivesMatter is a call to action and a response to the virulent anti-Black racism that permeates our society.Black Lives Matter is a unique contribution that goes beyond extrajudicial killings of Black people by police and vigilantes.

1014182_187274628110457_946782098_n.jpg

It goes beyond the narrow nationalism that can be prevalent within Black communities, which merely call on Black people to love Black, live Black and buy Black, keeping straight cis Black men in the front of the movement while our sisters, queer and trans and disabled folk take up roles in the background or not at all.

Black Lives Matter affirms the lives of Black queer and trans folks, disabled folks, black-undocumented folks, folks with records, women and all Black lives along the gender spectrum. It centers those that have been marginalized within Black liberation movements. It is a tactic to (re)build the Black liberation movement.

What Does #BlackLivesMatter Mean?

When we say Black Lives Matter, we are broadening the conversation around state violence to include all of the ways in which Black people are intentionally left powerless at the hands of the state. We are talking about the ways in which Black lives are deprived of our basic human rights and dignity.

• blm-official-icon-every-28-yellow.png

How Black poverty and genocide is state violence.
  • blm-official-icon-handcuffs-yellow.png

How 2.8 million Black people are locked in cages in this country is state violence.
  • blm-official-icon-teardrop-yellow.png

How Black women bearing the burden of a relentless assault on our children and our families is state violence.
  • blm-official-icon-queer-yellow.png

How Black queer and trans folks bear a unique burden from a hetero-patriarchal society that disposes of us like garbage and simultaneously fetishizes us and profits off of us, and that is state violence.
  • blm-official-icon-scales-yellow.png

How 500,000 Black people in the US are undocumented immigrants and relegated to the shadows.
  • blm-official-icon-girl-yellow.png

How Black girls are used as negotiating chips during times of conflict and war.
  • blm-official-icon-disability-yellow1.png

How Black folks living with disabilities and different abilities bear the burden of state sponsored Darwinian experiments that attempt to squeeze us into boxes of normality defined by white supremacy, and that is state violence.

#BlackLivesMatter is working for a world where Black lives are no longer systematically and intentionally targeted for demise. We affirm our contributions to this society, our humanity, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression. We have put our sweat equity and love for Black people into creating a political project–taking the hashtag off of social media and into the streets. The call for Black lives to matter is a rallying cry for ALL Black lives striving for liberation."

I'm still waiting for someone to show me where this is not a left wing radical group. I encourage the defenders of this group to enlighten me. I want to believe they have honorable intentions but their actions/rhetoric say otherwise. I would expect something like this on a KKK site, except in reverse.

Actually, since some of these guys did not resist arrest and simply asked a question, THEN got shot and killed, we might want to just become catatonic and not move a muscle or blink an eye and allow the cops to tie and bound us up, hand cuff us, duct tape our mouths, shackle us and THEN put us in the car and haul us off, no questions asked on the streets, especially for broken tail lights or selling CDs on the side walk.

Once again, if you are going to spout off about these things as if you know about them, please do us all a favor and get it right.
He was not approached by police for selling CD's on the sidewalk- police were called because he had threatened a homeless guy with a gun. He was not supposed to even have a gun after his time in prison, much less a concealed one- which he had. He resisted arrest, and it ended badly for him. No one knows at this point what happened under that pile of people.

Castile was NOT pulled over for a broken tail light, he was pulled over because he matched the description of an armed robbery suspect. It's on the cops audio recording BEFORE he made the stop. He was shot because the officer told him to get his hand off the gun, and he didn't comply.

When people intentionally spread information that has been proven to be false, it is sometimes known as lying. Do the actual events as they have been shown to have occurred not matter to you at all?

Last edited:
Once again, if you are going to spout off about these things as if you know about them, please do us all a favor and get it right.
He was not approached by police for selling CD's on the sidewalk- police were called because he was threatening people with a gun. He was not supposed to even have a gun, much less a concealed one- which he had. He resisted arrest, and it ended badly for him. No one knows at this point what happened under that pile of people.

Castile was NOT pulled over for a broken tail light, he was pulled over because he matched the description of an armed robbery suspect. It's on the cops audio recording BEFORE he made the stop. He was shot because the officer told him to get his hand off the gun, and he didn't comply.

When people intentionally spread information that has been proven to be false, it is sometimes known as lying. Do the actual events as they have been shown to have occurred not matter to you at all?

23089799-Boom-in-pop-art-Stock-Vector-boom.jpg

^^^^^
Just as many continue to promulgate the "hands up, don't shoot" myth with regard to the "gentle giant". It simply didn't happen, and was confirmed by numerous black witnesses and a thorough investigation by the Justice Department themselves. Yet most black people I discuss it with believe that is the case. Why? Because facts are secondary when you have an agenda. The media is a prime example where facts take a backseat to sensationalism and a predetermined agenda.

Reactions: gunslingerdick
If black lives really mattered to Black Lives Matters, they'd stop their stupid traffic jams on the highway and interrupting brunch and they'd be protesting the block parties in the hood where gang activity runs rampant, fathers bail on their kids and drug use and the selling of drugs is an epidemic. But as you say (and backed up with legit statistics), black lives matter to everyone...except blacks.
Why don't you join them, since black lives DO matter to you, and show them all "the right way" to do this. They'll appreciate your contribution in that capacity, I'm sure.

Why don't you join them, since black lives DO matter to you, and show them all "the right way" to do this. They'll appreciate your contribution in that capacity, I'm sure.

We don't see eye to eye. I thought we clarified that and thus there would be no more correspondence between us. Was I mistaken?

He was not approached by police for selling CD's on the sidewalk- police were called because he was threatening people with a gun. He was not supposed to even have a gun, much less a concealed one- which he had. He resisted arrest, and it ended badly for him. No one knows at this point what happened under that pile of people.

Source? Link please?

There is a black man, age 32, and black female, age 29, married. They both have children, but do not have custody of them, pay no child support. Neither has had jobs for the past two years, other than an occasional week or two stent in a construction yard for him before he would get fired or quit. They are both hooked on heroine and smoke and drink daily (both beer and hard liquor), live in his parent's old beat up trailer, sometimes they have electricity, sometimes they don't. Somehow they occasionally will have cell phones and get on facebook and post about how cool they are and how he is gonna kick anyone's ass that tries to steal from him or whatever is pissing him off at the time. They are both living like what we consider pond scum basically. Food stamps, of course, which they trade for money to buy more drugs. Occasionally they will go and stay at the known drug house for days at a time, stoned out of their mind and so far gone on heroine, they do not even know they exist.

The cops come and bust up the drug house and find needles and drug paraphernalia everywhere, they have outstanding warrants, etc. They haul them off to jail......

NOW.... here is my question.... seriously, I want you to be completely honest here too. I think they deserve to be locked away a long time, so I am curious... do you agree? shouldn't THESE people be locked up for a good long time? or what????

specifically @gunslingerdick @DeanFor President and @Archer2

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT