ADVERTISEMENT

Yet another fatal case of police brutality

Ok, so what are you suggesting we do? Free social psychology classes for everyone? That definitely sounds like a Bernie wet dream.

I agree with this 100%.

Lol I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem with making any kind of education free.

Just make it a high school level course that's part of the mandatory core curriculum to graduate. I mean its not like its super advanced calculus or something. 17 year old kids can definitely learn this stuff no problem. Social psych and civics. We'll have a more objective country, that actually knows how government works in no time.

Why is it that schools don't teach anything useful anymore? Almost like our education system wants to raise little sheep that are dependent on corporations...

I still question the validity of your claim that social psychology courses would have a legit impact on the problem, but even if the research showed that beyond a shadow of a doubt, you're still assuming people "want" to overcome their bias. That's not a safe assumption to make.

And whatever happened to the old saying, "children should be seen and not heard"? Pipe down, Jr. and let the grown folks hash this out.

Studies have proven that beyond a shadow of a doubt, whether you like it or not. It doesn't matter if people want to overcome it or not. You take the damn class in high school or you don't graduate. That simple. Most people don't even know subconscious bias exist, or like you they're some kind of extreme narcissist who thinks their bias is actually objective fact.

I'm starting to think you must've been called baby dick in high school or something.

That's what some of you dont get about white privilege. .

h6shbga.jpg

Investigate what he's talking about. You don't need a free course. There's no need to make it a political confrontation. You can afford to learn it. Seek it out and learn it. Or, stay right where you are.

That's a good point. I took it as a college course, and while having a professor who could deliver the information in the right way obviously helped, you can learn pretty much any of this stuff online nowadays.

You can start here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-categorization_theory

Studies have proven that beyond a shadow of a doubt, whether you like it or not. It doesn't matter if people want to overcome it or not. You take the damn class in high school or you don't graduate. That simple. .

Yeah, because people who take classes in high school retain all that knowledge. That's why we have such high graduation rates and test scores. Oh, wait a minute...

Last edited:
Yeah, because people who take classes in high school retain all that knowledge. That's why we have such high graduation rates and test scores. Oh, wait a minute...

Now I told you, this is grown folks stuff. Pop off at the mouth again and I'll spank your little bottom and ground you for a month.

Yeah you're actually a pretty great example of a human being not being able to retain information.

Just make it a high school level course that's part of the mandatory core curriculum to graduate. I mean its not like its super advanced calculus or something. 17 year old kids can definitely learn this stuff no problem. Social psych and civics. We'll have a more objective country, that actually knows how government works in no time.

Why is it that schools don't teach anything useful anymore? Almost like our education system wants to raise little sheep that are dependent on corporations...

Do that and white privilege would have their kids in private school so quick that public education would cease to exist.

You really are a moron. I can see why you're all over Bernie's dick. He speaks moron, like you.

Haha. I would bust your ass, Jr.

Dude I've seen your picture. I'm not the type to make threads on a message board, but I would take your ass behind the woodshed with one arm tied behind my back. You should make less assumptions sporty spice.

Yeah you're actually a pretty great example of a human being not being able to retain information.

When you've actually held a job, owned a home and raised a family, your opinion on grown up issues will matter. Until then, you're a stupid kid who's opinion isn't valued by anyone - including the liberal professors who are indoctrinating you.

Do that and white privilege would have their kids in private school so quick that public education would cease to exist.

You really are a moron. I can see why you're all over Bernie's dick. He speaks moron, like you.

Yeah I'm sure the vast majority of working class Americans who can barely afford to keep food on the table are going to suddenly pull their kids out of public school. And just so you know, even if they did they'd still have to pay taxes. So public education wouldn't be going anywhere dipshit.

Yeah I'm sure the vast majority of working class Americans who can barely afford to keep food on the table are going to suddenly pull their kids out of public school. And just so you know, even if they did they'd still have to pay taxes. So public education wouldn't be going anywhere dipshit.

I'm working class. I go without in many areas to send my kids to private school to avoid the likes of you and other dregs of society. Others will follow. And I'll lead the way.

Wrong on so many levels. You absolutely can do something about it. Again, studies have shown that people who take social psychology come out of the course with lower levels of bias. All you have to do is teach people how their subconscious bias works and then they can account for it. Obviously you have proven time and time again you have no interest in learning about this stuff, and then you turn around and prove how ignorant you are.

Cops don't act like that because they're underpaid. Sure. better applicants would come along if the pay was better, but cops act like that because of basic human psychology. We aren't equipped to handle having authority over one another like that. Look at the Stanford prison experiment, ordinary students became complete psychopaths in just a few weeks, just because they were put in a position of power over another "out-group." Before long the guards viewed the prisoners as sub-human and were subjecting them to all kinds of torture before the experiment had to be cut short. Its probably one of the most revealing studies ever done on human psychology, and shows exactly how human beings act when they're put in a position of power.

According to this past season of Orange is the new black, you're right about the power trip part. :D

The day I let a child whip me will be the day hell freezes over. We can arrange a tailgate party in CH if you really want to get it on. You let me know, Jr.

Beating up on the handicapped would reflect poorly on me.

But mostly it's just because they're assholes. The racial component is way overblown.

Yes, and this is the crux of the issue. I imagine there are a ton of people (black, white, and any other race) that would like to see "asshole cops" get put in their place, and to have police officers in general be less ego-driven. The problem is a large portion of that group is alienated when people try to manufacture a racial component that isn't there.

According to this past season of Orange is the new black, you're right about the power trip part. :D

Yeah that whole season was pretty much a social psych textbook written into fiction. Definitely a conscious effort by the writers to show that dynamic. Good for them, not a lot of shows work in any actual substance these days.

Investigate what he's talking about. You don't need a free course. There's no need to make it a political confrontation. You can afford to learn it. Seek it out and learn it. Or, stay right where you are.

I am investigating what he's talking about. It seems like he was interested in getting a multitude of people to learn though - which is admirable, looking for a way to improve the population as a whole. Which must be foreign to you, as you only focus on what you can do differently - which is not going to do anything in relation to the overarching problem. Keep thinking on a micro-level though.

Yes, and this is the crux of the issue. I imagine there are a ton of people (black, white, and any other race) that would like to see "asshole cops" get put in their place, and to have police officers in general be less ego-driven. The problem is a large portion of that group is alienated when people try to manufacture a racial component that isn't there.

I actually agree with this completely. Shit I didn't even see this particular case as a racial issue until it got made into one. I just saw two more asshole power tripping cops murdering a man. Same thing as when I watched the video of a teenage white kid getting tazed into a coma for not wanting to roll his window completely down (something you are in no way legally required to do). This is way more of an authority issue than it is a racial issue. Unfortunately for black folks they have to disproportionally deal with the consequences.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Wrong on so many levels. You absolutely can do something about it. Again, studies have shown that people who take social psychology come out of the course with lower levels of bias. All you have to do is teach people how their subconscious bias works and then they can account for it. Obviously you have proven time and time again you have no interest in learning about this stuff, and then you turn around and prove how ignorant you are.

Cops don't act like that because they're underpaid. Sure. better applicants would come along if the pay was better, but cops act like that because of basic human psychology. We aren't equipped to handle having authority over one another like that. Look at the Stanford prison experiment, ordinary students became complete psychopaths in just a few weeks, just because they were put in a position of power over another "out-group." Before long the guards viewed the prisoners as sub-human and were subjecting them to all kinds of torture before the experiment had to be cut short. Its probably one of the most revealing studies ever done on human psychology, and shows exactly how human beings act when they're put in a position of power.

I am not sure any psychology course could help people like GSD or dean. GSD thinks he is king of this here OOTB board and is on a crazy power-ego trip all the dang time around here!

We are wasting our time thinking some of these guys could understand anything we are trying to tell them. They don't want to because they know they'd would see reflections of themselves and they wouldn't like what they would see.

I am investigating what he's talking about. It seems like he was interested in getting a multitude of people to learn though - which is admirable, looking for a way to improve the population as a whole. Which must be foreign to you, as you only focus on what you can do differently - which is not going to do anything in relation to the overarching problem. Keep thinking on a micro-level though.
I WANT the whole to evolve as they feel compelled to evolve. I can influence by sharing what I experience. But, I can only change ME. You can only change YOU. I am thinking on a macro-level, actually.

If you substitute the word "government" for "corporations", you have the answer to your question.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Maybe this is just a Cop thing... because the media has gone ape-shit nuts over this issue about people wanting to kill cops and they have been glorifying them for days (especially Fox news- you'd think they had already been sainted according to them)... WHY have they avoided reporting this? This happened just hours before the Dallas tragedy.

http://wsls.com/2016/07/07/several-...t-at-cars-on-volunteer-parkway-in-bristol-tn/

Do you not realize how ridiculous it sounds to say that all cops aren't racist, and then turn around and make the ridiculous assertion that 'all BLM folks think all cops are racists.' If its ridiculous to assume that all cops are racist, how is it any less ridiculous to assume that all BLM supporters assume all cops are racist? Or to assume that all BLM folks are okay with killing cops... You're basically saying its not okay to make a general assumption about a large group of people, then turning around and doing exactly that.

That's what some of you dont get about white privilege. Why doesn't Dylann Roof and his ilk represent white christians everywhere? Because the behavior of individual psychopaths within the white community is not pathologized in the same way it is within the black community. If a shooter went off at a Tea Party rally would you start saying that all conservative christians are murdering psychopaths that think killing is the answer? Short answer, no. You would say he was one nutjob that doesn't represent the entire group. But when one or two crazy nutjobs go off at a BLM rally you dont even hesitate to accredit the behavior of a few individuals to a massive group of millions of people, many of which are white.

99.9% of the BLM folks are condemning cop killing right now. I know that doesn't fit your Faux News, "they're just a hate group" narrative, but its the truth. Its sad to me that strum, chick, and myself have each said about half a dozen times each, that this kind of behavior is deplorable and will only make things worse. Yet some of you continue to debate as if we were defending it. That shows how tribal some of you really are.

I don't think the vast majority of BLM people want to see cops killed. But I'm critical of them for a few reasons.

1) Get the f**k off the highway. That doesn't do anyone any good. It prevents people to getting where they need to be and it's dangerous.

2) Stop deliberately shouting slogans/doing things that will provoke police.

3) If cops can be criticized for excessive use of force, improper training, and sometimes racial bias, BLM people need to understand what it's like for cops in those situations.

4) They ignore the true root of their problems. The lack of caring about their own neighborhoods, and the reason for this bias is not simply because of remnants of old style white supremacy. It's the fact that statistically speaking about 6% of the population is committing a disproportionate amount of the crime. There's a pattern here. Where I grew up, watching the local news seeing a black man arrested for something was like saying the sun would rise. It's unfortunate and I wish it weren't so, but it is. Clean up your own house before you have the audacity to ask for large scale reform of another.

I don't think the vast majority of BLM people want to see cops killed. But I'm critical of them for a few reasons.

1) Get the f**k off the highway. That doesn't do anyone any good. It prevents people to getting where they need to be and it's dangerous.

2) Stop deliberately shouting slogans/doing things that will provoke police.

3) If cops can be criticized for excessive use of force, improper training, and sometimes racial bias, BLM people need to understand what it's like for cops in those situations.

4) They ignore the true root of their problems. The lack of caring about their own neighborhoods, and the reason for this bias is not simply because of remnants of old style white supremacy. It's the fact that statistically speaking about 6% of the population is committing a disproportionate amount of the crime. There's a pattern here. Where I grew up, watching the local news seeing a black man arrested for something was like saying the sun would rise. It's unfortunate and I wish it weren't so, but it is. Clean up your own house before you have the audacity to ask for large scale reform of another.

@uncboy what you don't seem to get is that black criminals do not represent the entire group. That would be ignorant, racist, and intellectually dishonest. But the percentages of those that do are too high, and that stereotype exists everywhere in inner city ghettos. Too many who end up in a jail cell and that's what David Brown was talking about. Police have to be the controversial guardians of these neighborhoods, because no one else well.

enhanced-buzz-1168-1383255128-29.jpg

That's what I thought. Now shut the f**k up or I won't give you the opportunity to duck and run.

LOL look at billy badass calling people a chicken from behind his keyboard. I have a feeling that "family" of yours probably all just live in your mom's basement with you.

Last edited:
@uncboy what you don't seem to get is that black criminals do not represent the entire group. That would be ignorant, racist, and intellectually dishonest. But the percentages of those that do are too high, and that stereotype exists everywhere in inner city ghettos. Too many who end up in a jail cell and that's what David Brown was talking about. Police have to be the controversial guardians of these neighborhoods, because no one else well.

That's a two sided coin. Why do people engage in criminal activity? Especially gang activity? You talk to kids in those neighborhoods before life screws them up, and not a single one of them wants to sell dope, or be a gangbanger. Nobody grows up wanting that life. But when you go to a school that's a drop out factory, and you dont have any employment prospects, you gotta do something to keep the lights on and keep yourself fed. I'm not saying that excuses violent crime, but if you want to understand why people in certain communities engage in certain behaviors then you have to look at the big picture, instead of essentially just telling black people to pull their pants up (metaphorically).

Now of course their are some very prominent leaders in the black community trying to push for the community to focus on education and bettering themselves from within. But when the odds are stacked against you to that extreme of a degree, it makes things a lot more difficult. Personally, I went to a nationally ranked blue ribbon school where over 99% of the students graduate. If you don't think that afforded me significant advantages over someone who goes to a school where over 50% of the students drop out and the school is crumbling because it doesn't get any funding then you are crazy. Of course any student at that school is more likely to end up in a gang or selling drugs than I am. Of course they're more likely to end up engaging in criminal activity and eventually in prison. That isn't hard to figure out if you ask me. Its another reason why we have to double down on our investment in education, and make sure that money is distributed in a way that is more even, so that you don't have the huge gap in quality of education like you do today.

I WANT the whole to evolve as they feel compelled to evolve. I can influence by sharing what I experience. But, I can only change ME. You can only change YOU. I am thinking on a macro-level, actually.

Focusing on only yourself is very much micro-level. Even if you want to call it macro it doesn't change that.

That's a two sided coin. Why do people engage in criminal activity? Especially gang activity? You talk to kids in those neighborhoods before life screws them up, and not a single one of them wants to sell dope, or be a gangbanger. Nobody grows up wanting that life. But when you go to a school that's a drop out factory, and you dont have any employment prospects, you gotta do something to keep the lights on and keep yourself fed. I'm not saying that excuses violent crime, but if you want to understand why people in certain communities engage in certain behaviors then you have to look at the big picture, instead of essentially just telling black people to pull their pants up (metaphorically).

Now of course their are some very prominent leaders in the black community trying to push for the community to focus on education and bettering themselves from within. But when the odds are stacked against you to that extreme of a degree, it makes things a lot more difficult. Personally, I went to a nationally ranked blue ribbon school where over 99% of the students graduate. If you don't think that afforded me significant advantages over someone who goes to a school where over 50% of the students drop out and the school is crumbling because it doesn't get any funding then you are crazy. Of course any student at that school is more likely to end up in a gang or selling drugs than I am. Of course they're more likely to end up engaging in criminal activity and eventually in prison. That isn't hard to figure out if you ask me. Its another reason why we have to double down on our investment in education, and make sure that money is distributed in a way that is more even, so that you don't have the huge gap in quality of education like you do today.

I admit lack of opportunity is one of the major reasons for black neighborhoods being in the state that they are. However, can this reason be attested to white people, white privilege or white supremacy? I can admit that the lack of proper education and family are issues I want to see solved, what I don't want is a finger obnoxiously jabbed in my face demanding I cede my "privilege" or whatever the hell that means. Some of it depends on the individuals who desire that change.

There is no historical precedent of any tribe, ethnic group, or nation purposefully conceding its advantages for the sake of another. It's not going to happen here either.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Plenty of dates for football games where I could easily make it to Chapel Hill. And despite a possible charge for child abuse, I wouldn't have any problem smacking you around to get pumped up for a football game. Like I said, you call the date, Jr. I suspect you'll continue to back away though. Because as we all figured, you're a pu$$y.

I'd just like it to be noted that my "baby dick" comment is starting to really look it was on the money.

If you substitute the word "government" for "corporations", you have the answer to your question.

Yup. Students in today's public schools are definitely bred to be dependent on big government. Since the government is what is funding the education, I guess I'm not surprised, but it'd be nice if they didn't stack the deck in their own favor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT