ADVERTISEMENT

Yet another fatal case of police brutality

But if you can't see how that article falls right in line with deliberate race-baiting, then I can't help you. They go out of their way to tell you the guy who got shot it black. They go out of their way to tell you that they inquired for the race of the cop who shot but that info wasn't released.
Agreed. I don't see how it's relevant, considering it was the boy with the remote who the police must have considered a threat.

Well, judging by the video I would say it's highly likely that the black guy caught a stray bullet. Police don't usually shoot people in the leg on purpose. I don't see any intent to harm him. Here's an idea, why don't we wait to get the whole story before we pass judgment.
The police pulled the trigger, so there was intent to harm someone. Most likely it was the boy with the remote control truck and the cops just had shitty aim.

So they should just automatically believe him instead of the other person? They were told he had a gun by someone else.
What other person? An anonymous phone caller who wasn't even on the scene? It takes a special kind of ineptitude to think an autistic boy with a remote control truck presents an imminent danger and subsequently starting shooting. THN is right.

The guy who got shot will never have to work another day in his life, 'cause he's about to get paid. Rightfully so.

The police pulled the trigger, so there was intent to harm someone. Most likely it was the boy with the remote control truck and the cops just had shitty aim.
I realize they had intent to harm someone. I was referring to the black guy. From what I can tell it looks like he was just caught in the middle.

What other person? An anonymous phone caller who wasn't even on the scene? It takes a special kind of ineptitude to think an autistic boy with a remote control truck presents an imminent danger and subsequently starting shooting. THN is right.
Well, the caller was there at some point otherwise he wouldn't have known to make the call. I couldn't tell from the video what he had. If he had a gun, like the cops were told, then that would be an imminent danger.

The problem with this story is that there are too many ifs and maybes. We don't have all of the facts yet. It was a bad example to give to begin with, although I know that wasn't your fault.

Well, the caller was there at some point otherwise he wouldn't have known to make the call.
Of course, but it's the job of the police to arrive on the scene and assess the situation for themselves. Here you've got the boy's caretaker, with his arms in the air, explaining that the boy is autistic and he's holding a remote control for a toy. That exchange lasted long enough that they could have asked for the name of the group home and confirmed it for themselves. I'm willing to hear the rest of the story, but it's hard to believe this was anything other than incompetence on the part of law enforcement.

It is absolutely terrifying to me in all these cases how quickly law enforcement turns to potentially deadly force instead of trying to de-escalate the situation. I fear that the retaliation for these sorts of events will only continue to rise.

It is absolutely terrifying to me in all these cases how quickly law enforcement turns to potentially deadly force instead of trying to de-escalate the situation. I fear that the retaliation for these sorts of events will only continue to rise.
Yep....and this is a BIG part of the police ineptitude to which I'm referring. Hell, I was very nearly pulled on for being in my OWN driveway and running from the top of the driveway to the bottom when I saw the lights go on. I heard "STOP running" and turned and the officer had his shooting hand on his holster, ready to draw.

Of course, but it's the job of the police to arrive on the scene and assess the situation for themselves. Here you've got the boy's caretaker, with his arms in the air, explaining that the boy is autistic and he's holding a remote control for a toy. That exchange lasted long enough that they could have asked for the name of the group home and confirmed it for themselves. I'm willing to hear the rest of the story, but it's hard to believe this was anything other than incompetence on the part of law enforcement.
That's a valid point.

I fear that the retaliation for these sorts of events will only continue to rise.
That's certainly possible. If it does keep happening I think it will lead to some cops staying out of any situation where a crime might be happening.

Yep....and this is a BIG part of the police ineptitude to which I'm referring. Hell, I was very nearly pulled on for being in my OWN driveway and running from the top of the driveway to the bottom when I saw the lights go on. I heard "STOP running" and turned and the officer had his shooting hand on his holster, ready to draw.
In all fairness I think most people, not just cops, would probably like to shoot you.

We haven't seen ALL of the information on the caretaker, but the police had better hope there is a substantial portion missing to justify shooting the man laying on the ground, with his hands in the air, screaming at them as to exactly what the situation was and what they were dealing with. If something doesn't arise to give some kind of justification for that cop to shoot and wound an innocent person, then this will add a huge log to the fire of police inefficiency that is spreading fast around the country. I just hope to hell it can expose racial tension, but not stay fixated on race, because this is more than just racial profiling.

There was NO REASON, that I could see, that firing a shot was necessary. No one was threatening those policemen... or anyone else.

I keep seeing poasts from "ignored member". On one hand, I'm delighting in my decision to remove some idiocy from my life. But on the other hand, I feel bad for some of y'all still subjecting yourselves to that.

Carry on with your black and white discussions.

seinfield.jpg

If something doesn't arise to give some kind of justification for that cop to shoot and wound an innocent person, then this will add a huge log to the fire of police inefficiency that is spreading fast around the country.
At this point it doesn't matter if he had justification, the media is going to spin it to increase their ratings. @TarHeelNation11 made a good point about that in another post.

I keep seeing poasts from "ignored member". On one hand, I'm delighting in my decision to remove some idiocy from my life. But on the other hand, I feel bad for some of y'all still subjecting yourselves to that.

Carry on with your black and white discussions.

seinfield.jpg
I've got to admit, once I put uncboy on ignore my life got better.

I've got to admit, once I put uncboy on ignore my life got better.
Put everyone who doesn't agree with you on ignore. You won't grow or learn very much, but you'll be blissfully ignorant. What a fun life. Too bad you can't do that at birth. You'd still be in diapers... the SAME diapers.

I love that dick congratulates himself on being closed-minded. And he pretends to be ignoring me. Even when I'm on ignore, he makes an effort to comment on me being on his ignore list. I'm honored to be able to have that kind of influence on him.

Put everyone who doesn't agree with you on ignore. You won't grow or learn very much, but you'll be blissfully ignorant. What a fun life. Too bad you can't do that at birth. You'd still be in diapers... the SAME diapers.

I love that dick congratulates himself on being closed-minded. And he pretends to be ignoring me. Even when I'm on ignore, he makes an effort to comment on me being on his ignore list. I'm honored to be able to have that kind of influence on him.
Seriously? I didn't put him on ignore because I disagree with him. I put him on ignore because he couldn't have an intelligent conversation with anyone about anything. If I start putting people on ignore because I disagree with them then I would just be talking to myself on here.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
If I start putting people on ignore because I disagree with them then I would just be talking to myself on here.
Exactly!

I put him on ignore because he couldn't have an intelligent conversation with anyone about anything.

I would say that is opinion, not fact. But, most everything is opinion. "Intelligent conversation?" I'm sure you guys saw eye-to-eye on a few things, but you got tired of his lack of intelligence... right. I was able to have "intelligent conversation" with him. I think he goes way out of his way to insult people with slurs and names, and uses a lot of put-downs, but that is hardly rare on here. That's become an art form on here. It's whether or not the person using them is popular or has the consensus opinion. The guy may be in the minority on the board, but he's not "unintelligent" at all. He just doesn't agree with you on anything. He's articulate, he's pretty knowledgeable about most of the subjects he engages in on here. He's not a right-wing republican who sees everything with a conservative slant, so his popularity here is very low, like mine. I think he would fare much better if he would stop using such inflammatory name-calling. But, again, I see that a LOT on here. Intelligence seems to coincide with popularity.

Last edited:

Well, be thankful you were not black because your ass would be paralyzed, in a vegetative state or dead right now for that innocent act.

Wow, a lot to deal with on this one. Here we go...

I would say that is opinion, not fact.
Agreed, but it's not a relevant point. Why should I chose who to put on ignore based on how other people feel?

"Intelligent conversation?" I'm sure you guys saw eye-to-eye on a few things, but you got tired of his lack of intelligence... right
I think we saw eye to eye on one thing. As far as his intelligence goes, I probably should have said lack of knowledge instead.

I think he goes way out of his way to insult people with slurs and names, and uses a lot of put-downs
Doing that doesn't help his case for intelligence though. It got really old.

but that is hardly rare on here.
No one has directed that at me except for him (and for some reason chick the past day or two). For the purposes of putting people on ignore I don't care how they treat other posters, just how they treat me.

he's pretty knowledgeable about most of the subjects he engages in on here.
In my experience and opinion that's not true.

He's not a right-wing republican who sees everything with a conservative slant, so his popularity here is very low
Maybe that's why some other people don't like him. That has nothing to do with why I don't like him. I've already explained why I don't above.

his popularity here is very low, like mine.
I don't think your popularity is low here. Just because people disagree with you doesn't mean your popularity is low. The fact that people pick on you is proof that you are at least somewhat popular in my opinion. If you weren't popular people would just ignore you completely.

Intelligence seems to coincide with popularity.
I don't think so, but that's just my opinion.

Reactions: strummingram
Whoa, whoa, whoa... what happened, exactly???

Well, be thankful you were not black because your ass would be paralyzed, in a vegetative state or dead right now for that innocent act.

See this is the problematic thinking right here. You're just assuming that this cop (who you know absolutely nothing about) was a racist that was willing (and maybe wanting?) to gun down some innocent black guy. That's the type of thinking that prevents this issue from getting any traction towards being solved.

Actually no wait - maybe you're right. All white people are racist. All white people should have to pay for past racism of white people. All black people never deserve what they get from police officers. All black people are treated worse because of their skin color. All white people should give all black people pats on the back and all of their money to make up for past differences. Anyone who thinks that people should be considered equal regardless of their skin color is clearly trying to deny that racism exists - and is only worsening the problem. Sweeping generalities are awesome.

See this is the problematic thinking right here. You're just assuming that this cop (who you know absolutely nothing about) was a racist that was willing (and maybe wanting?) to gun down some innocent black guy. That's the type of thinking that prevents this issue from getting any traction towards being solved.

Actually no wait - maybe you're right. All white people are racist. All white people should have to pay for past racism of white people. All black people never deserve what they get from police officers. All black people are treated worse because of their skin color. All white people should give all black people pats on the back and all of their money to make up for past differences. Anyone who thinks that people should be considered equal regardless of their skin color is clearly trying to deny that racism exists - and is only worsening the problem. Sweeping generalities are awesome.

I was being facetious but yes, generalizations are a problem. I suppose though in that particular situation with him, the chances of him being shot IF he were black is greatly increased but we cannot say for sure, obviously.

Please let's get into an argument about reparations. I'm begging for someone to start one lol. I took a philosophy course at UNC taught by Jan Boxill's husband (dun dun dun!!!), Bernard Boxill. He has a paper published in which he uses logic and reasoning to 'prove'/opine that black people should receive reparations. Yet when we discussed it in class, he was so impressed with my logic as why they shouldn't, that he called it the "Hamilton logic" or something like that and even included it on our final exam lol.

Alcohol has killed my ability to remember the exact wording of my supposed "logical conclusion" on the matter, but if we started debating it, I'm sure it would come back to me.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Generalizations is just another way of manifesting stereotypes. And, exaggerating it makes it all even worse.

I don't feel like I owe members of the black race a debt for what people with my skin color did to them in the past. I feel like I owe them my respect NOW! I think it would help IMMENSELY if all people could cease to believe that there are "different" races. That shit is taught to us. That's not genetic. There is no racist gene. You have to be taught to believe it. And, if you learn something, you can unlearn it if you can accept, or realize, that it doesn't serve you.

Reactions: tarheel0910

Generalizations is just another way of manifesting stereotypes. And, exaggerating it makes it all even worse.

I don't feel like I owe members of the black race a debt for what people with my skin color did to them in the past. I feel like I owe them my respect NOW! I think it would help IMMENSELY if all people could cease to believe that there are "different" races. That shit is taught to us. That's not genetic. There is no racist gene. You have to be taught to believe it. And, if you learn something, you can unlearn it if you can accept, or realize, that it doesn't serve you.
These are two of the best posts in this thread. Gold star for you both.

hpc54Mx.png

Please let's get into an argument about reparations. I'm begging for someone to start one lol. I took a philosophy course at UNC taught by Jan Boxill's husband (dun dun dun!!!), Bernard Boxill. He has a paper published in which he uses logic and reasoning to 'prove'/opine that black people should receive reparations. Yet when we discussed it in class, he was so impressed with my logic as why they shouldn't, that he called it the "Hamilton logic" or something like that and even included it on our final exam lol.

Alcohol has killed my ability to remember the exact wording of my supposed "logical conclusion" on the matter, but if we started debating it, I'm sure it would come back to me.
giphy.gif

Wrong, wrong, wrong. And for the simple reason that he COMPLIED WITH THE OFFICER'S COMMAND.

Yeah, you have yet shown me your source for that exclusive info you were telling me about they guy they killed in the car (Minnesota). We have seen some that comply and get shot and some that don't. The link I posted today shows complete compliance but I have no doubt you'll tell me different.

Okay now THIS woman... hmmmmm I probably would want to pop in the head but of course I wouldn't.... this is someone resisting, hands down! I won't say anything else...LOL Her voice annoys me to the point I might have to hit her but.....LOL j/k

Ok. What's the point?

She deserved being arrested first of all but she clearly is resisting arrest, she even told him she was getting a drink of her water and clearly she was doing things anyone else could have been mistaken for grabbing a weapon or something.

I am not sure why you commented though. You already think I am a waste of time on here so no need for us to discuss anything.

She deserved being arrested first of all but she clearly is resisting arrest, she even told him she was getting a drink of her water and clearly she was doing things anyone else could have been mistaken for grabbing a weapon or something.

Ok. I still fail to see the point. I have a hunch you're attempting to make the claim that this white police officer treated this white woman differently than other white police officers treated blacks that were in similar circumstances. But that means nothing. The only way that video would prove anything is if that same officer acted differently towards a black woman who was pulled over for the exact same thing as the white woman and said the exact same things as the white woman. The point is that there are far too many variables in place to attempt to show any bias on the part of police when dealing with blacks.

I am not sure why you commented though. You already think I am a waste of time on here so no need for us to discuss anything.

No, no. You said I was the waste of time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT