ADVERTISEMENT

Z, you comin?

This continues to be a OAD team vs. a team being built for championship runs. For all the reasons stated and more, we likely won’t get these very top players. But Roy will continue to recruit “teams” and kids who want to get degrees, be part of tradition, be part of championships, etc. I am fine with Z going elsewhere.

If you are you going to force NBA lottery picks to "do" 1 year in college they should look for the best place to "do" their 1 year. Coach K is 71, and more then willing to roll a brand new freshman all star talent squad from year to year, with full control to them to ride it out. Makes sense for their immediate draft status and they get to have a run at the NCAA title in your forced year of college ball for all the NBA ready guys to "do their time" together.

We will be very strong next year, good influx of talent with upper class proven performers. Relax, people!!!

Exactly. K is dying by his own sword and our fans dont even realize it. He build his entire career off of having the more experienced and more fundamentally sound teams and he’s completely thrown that away to rebuild his teams every year and bank on every recruit living up to potential. It’s probably taking years off his coaching career

Reactions: Heelicious and plm
Exactly. K is dying by his own sword and our fans dont even realize it. He build his entire career off of having the more experienced and more fundamentally sound teams and he’s completely thrown that away to rebuild his teams every year and bank on every recruit living up to potential. It’s probably taking years off his coaching career
Pffft vampires live forever

Reactions: TarHeelMark
My personal opinion on Zion is a great dunker but not much of an outside shot. Would have loved to had him for his potential but oh well.

I'm even more certain than before that this means K will retire after next year.

If he were Dean Smith, he'd retire after this year to let his chosen successor have a "can't miss" team in his first season - to keep Duke on the same path.

But he isn't Dean Smith.

Nor is it clear that he has chosen his successor.

Why would you ban him? He was wrong. So what.

Yep. A lot more people should be banned, if being wrong is a reason to be banned. Hell just look at the posts minutes before Zipn committed

"Zion told his coach Clemson and a reporter over heard"

"Brownwell just leaked it"

Everyone was wrong

I saw the thread that Mike quickly deleted. I assume some of the above posters did not. Mike did the right thing by banning this guy. He basically laughed in the boards face with a post after Zion picked Dook but that thread was quickly deleted.

Reactions: mikeirbyusa
It's going to be fun seeing Lyin Zion Durant shooting those brick 3-point shots next year..LMAO.

Why would you ban him? He was wrong. So what.

Here is why, and come on man, I wouldn't zap somebody for simply being wrong or a whole bunch here would be gone.

Heelswin Junior

UP YOURS!!!!

Didnt l tell younot tobelieve all gou read on the internet!!!

Sorry you got sucked in ..... too damnbad for you!!!

Others have mentioned that Heelswin was a reincarnation of a poster called wtz? I don’t recall that username but they said it was similar.

Nah, I was jerking his chain and checking him out with that one. WTZ was a premi poster for most of his post and yes, as steat said, he was a Tar Heel fan.

There are many reasons why posters disappear. Who knows the real reason why WTZ went away. The posting style of a person will come out after 100-150 posts. There are exceptions (i.e GLOV), but most do not change. There have been a couple of handles on the Premium site over the last couple of years that were very close to WTZ"s posting style. To be honest with you. I would like to see WTZ come back. One thing for sure, WTZ was a "true" UNC fan. That is not up for debate.

Reactions: dgheel57 and BillyL
Why "Lyin" Zion?

There was a poll conducted on ESPN INSIDER and that name won. I normally come up with my own names for Duke players but Lyin Zion Durant had a good ring to hit. Fat Albert was second in the voting.You think Duval's 3-point percentage is bad, wait until Lyin Zion start pumping up those 3-pointers next season....LMFAO. I also heard that Duke is looking at 2 transfers after the season.

Here is why, and come on man, I wouldn't zap somebody for simply being wrong or a whole bunch here would be gone.

Heelswin Junior

UP YOURS!!!!

Didnt l tell younot tobelieve all gou read on the internet!!!

Sorry you got sucked in ..... too damnbad for you!!!
I didn't realize there was another thread.

Reactions: mikeirbyusa
There was a poll conducted on ESPN INSIDER and that name won. I normally come up with my own names for Duke players but Lyin Zion Durant had a good ring to hit. Fat Albert was second in the voting.You think Duval's 3-point percentage is bad, wait until Lyin Zion start pumping up those 3-pointers next season....LMFAO. I also heard that Duke is looking at 2 transfers after the season.
I dunno about that but I do know the NCAA is looking to let ppl graduate with no downtime if their GPA is high enough.

If K convinced bolden not to transfer because waiting another year let's him transfer and not sit out a year then I cannot even really blame K to be honest.

That assumes K had inside knowledge though.

Fat Albert would have been better.

Guys we didn't get him but to start calling the kid names is ridiculous and shows that we as fans have no class. We are better than that

Agreed,we're lowing ourselves to Kentucky's and the Wolfpecker's level when doing that.Time to move on,other fish in the water to catch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT