ADVERTISEMENT

Zion

As good as any. He would be excellent here and Roy is putting on the full court press. I hope he loves what CH can look like in the Fall!

For me to claim I have an idea of any % of a chance we have to sign this kid would be foolish. I just know Roy is putting in a lot of effort just like he did on Ingram , Randle ,Giles and too many others that I prefer to forget.

For me to claim I have an idea of any % of a chance we have to sign this kid would be foolish. I just know Roy is putting in a lot of effort just like he did on Ingram , Randle ,Giles and too many others that I prefer to forget.
That bit reality hurts.

the reality is whose glasses of kool-aid the young man has on his table..he's just looking not drinking as of yet

Bradley. Felton.

You can be a negative nancy if you want to. It's completely within your rights.

Reactions: shun1

Agree with this. Though just to nitpick a bit, we never had a shot with Ingram once Dook offered.

There are others that could be added to this list unfortunately.

Jackson-Theo-Berry

All of those guys were landed before the NCAA returned to UNC.

Bradley. Felton.

You can be a negative nancy if you want to. It's completely within your rights.

Those two may not even play together longer than 1 year.

In positive news, 5 guys on campus this weekend. (2 committed, 3 uncommitted). Zion is one of them.

**** Don't link the competition please***

Last edited by a moderator:
Zion Williamson and family left Chapel Hill this morning and didn't attend the football game. Ship has a serious malfunction.

Zion Williamson and family left Chapel Hill this morning and didn't attend the football game. Ship has a serious malfunction.

They had a great time and had somewhere they needed to be tomorrow.

Jumping to conclusions a tad there. He was HERE. Didn't stay for football game? So what!

Reactions: viking131
It was an unofficial visit. Don't read anything into that beyond the fact that he came to Carolina on his own dollar and volition. If you take anything beyond that you're painting your own picture.

soooo they always seem to have issues come up before/during UNC visits and that seems undeniable. Let me just say Jairus Hamilton come on down!!

It is funny I'm sure when he went to dook recently his schedule was crystal clear and he stayed the whole time. Tired of these kids treating unc like a second tier afterthought.

Reactions: RoseHeel
I'm not going to jump to conclusions, but this is the 2nd a visit didn't go as planned.

Not really a good sign regardless.

Does anybody follow Zion on twitter? I don't twitter or tweet or whatever but someone told me all his tweets and re-tweets were dookie shit.

Does anybody follow Zion on twitter? I don't twitter or tweet or whatever but someone told me all his tweets and re-tweets were dookie shit.
He did have a lot of tweets/pics from the Dook midnight madness. I haven't seen him mention anything about his Carolina visit this weekend.

I wouldnt buy into the Twitter stuff just yet. Most people probably didnt know he was here this week, as most outlets didn't even bother reporting it. 247 doesn't even have an visit listed for him this weekend. (Though they managed to well-document the Dook and State visit. Go figure :rolleyes:)

As for him tweeting dook stuff, there were only about 3 tweets regarding Dook after his visit.

This isn't a Gary Trent recruitment just yet. I'll wait until he's posting nonstop photos with Dook staff to declare this a runaway.

RT'd this about 30 mins ago.

Reactions: alabamaheel
They had a great time and had somewhere they needed to be tomorrow.

"It aint over until it's over".....Until Roy signs a OAD we should not give him the benefit of the doubt. Zion is playing with the Heels. Roy is trying, I will give him that.

If Roy happens to sign a OAD, he still won't get the benefit of the doubt.

That's false. And you can't say that for certain until it actually happens.

The main problem is that too many here continuously give Roy the BOTD each and every year, and when we miss out on those Elite OAD players we get that same spiel every time "oh well. Can't win em all. Gonna have a monster class next year anyway! WooHoo!!"

Obviously this isn't 100% Roy's fault, but we have had our share of screw ups that contributed to this problem.

Reactions: carolinablue34

The main problem is that too many here continuously give Roy the BOTD each and every year, and when we miss out on those Elite OAD players we get that same spiel every time "oh well. Can't win em all. Gonna have a monster class next year anyway! WooHoo!!"

Obviously this isn't 100% Roy's fault, but we have had our share of screw ups that contributed to this problem.

I think your entire post is baloney so we'll just have to disagree.

I am wondering do just because Roy has his own philosophy and can't get the top OAD players to come to UNC for whatever reasons do you think he should be released from his coaching duties??

Yep. Either that or they will claim that signing an underwhelming class(like we are so far this year) is somehow a great thing and all these guys are under ranked and diamonds in the rough. I'm not quite sure what's happened but I remember not too long ago where fans expected our recruiting to be up there with anyone. Now it appears most are ok with us signing classes that would be ok at nc state.
Weird.

I think your entire post is baloney so we'll just have to disagree.

Well that's your choice. Facts are there whether you choose to accept it or not.

I am wondering do just because Roy has his own philosophy and can't get the top OAD players to come to UNC for whatever reasons do you think he should be released from his coaching duties??

Can you find the part where I said "Roy should be fired"? I Must've mis-wrote my own post.

o_O:rolleyes:

Yep. Either that or they will claim that signing an underwhelming class(like we are so far this year) is somehow a great thing and all these guys are under ranked and diamonds in the rough. I'm not quite sure what's happened but I remember not too long ago where fans expected our recruiting to be up there with anyone. Now it appears most are ok with us signing classes that would be ok at nc state.
Weird.

I will give Roy credit that he has a decent track record of finding some guys who are diamonds in the rough, but every sub-ranked seventy guy we sign is not the next Buddy Hieod. And I think some want to assign that to every single player in order to save face.

It's been said so many times in so many ways that we don't have to become OAD U to win titles. Hell, we could probably compete for titles without a single OAD player on the team. But when we're not even landing mid-level guys and have to resort to sub-100 players and claim it's okay, I think someone either needs to take off their light blue goggles or have their brains examined.

As for State, they just signed 2 5 * players in 2016. Now getting out recruited by Dook, UK, etc. is one thing. Getting out recruited by State is a much different problem. :eek:

Well that's your choice. Facts are there whether you choose to accept it or not.

Can you find the part where I said "Roy should be fired"? I Must've mis-wrote my own post.

o_O:rolleyes:

I will give Roy credit that he has a decent track record of finding some guys who are diamonds in the rough, but every sub-ranked seventy guy we sign is not the next Buddy Hieod. And I think some want to assign that to every single player in order to save face.

It's been said so many times in so many ways that we don't have to become OAD U to win titles. Hell, we could probably compete for titles without a single OAD player on the team. But when we're not even landing mid-level guys and have to resort to sub-100 players and claim it's okay, I think someone either needs to take off their light blue goggles or have their brains examined.

As for State, they just signed 2 5 * players in 2016. Now getting out recruited by Dook, UK, etc. is one thing. Getting out recruited by State is a much different problem. :eek:

You win this thread, rose.

Reactions: devilry
Guys, we get it. Some of you want to see recruiting classes like Roy pulled from 2006-2012 but let's be honest, when you look at the context and the recruiting environment over the last 4 years, the 2017 group is shaping up well.

This isn't about making excuses, it's about being realistic and retaining perspective of what is possible and what isn't.

As for the 'brand'. I find it funny that some think signing 5* players will improve the brand, look how much good it did LSU! My preference is to look at the quality of product over recruiting rankings..... based on that, a trip to the title game, ACC title and ACC tourney win makes a pretty good product.

Last edited:
Roseheel?

No my question was do you think he should be released because of the recruiting misses?? If not then what do you think can be done to fix the problem??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT