ADVERTISEMENT

2-5

3-9 then 1-8 (so far)

4-17. We’re the Cleveland Browns of college football.

Reactions: MWHeels
Before the start of the 2017 season, which I knew would be a losing one (but my guess was 5-7), I made the comparison of the pro-Fedora people to the pro-Bunting people. My point was that each was irrational in its defense to the point of refusing to see the bad as even really bad as they continued to excuse and defend the coach they expected to be at UNC a long time.

A couple of the pro-Fedora posters became even more angry with me, because all such comparisons were absurd because Fedora was a much better HC than Bunting.

I agreed that Fedora would never have back to back seasons as awful as Buntings 3-9 and 2-10 teams.

I note this to show that I occasionally am wrong. I assumed that Fedora could never hit the Bunting lows.

He has.

Fedora was a fraud when hired. As evidenced by Sou Miss falling off the table, totally devoid of talent, after he left. Same thing has happened at UNC. Seems he is OK with talent other folks recruit, but then his recruits can't put it together as well. But he may still be here next year as just not sure how important football really is at UNC as long as basketball is as successful as it has been

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
You guys gotta stop with the not caring about football stuff. The evidence clearly proves that’s not true. We have invested huge sums of money in football, and there’s no chance Fed will be fired until the offseason. So nobody here could possibly know he will be retained. If that ends up happening then I’ll be right there with you to complain about Bubba. But let’s give him a chance to do his job before we assume Fed is sticking around. For all we know the next hire has already been lined up.

Unc is good or great in all other sports but football and I think the people at unc are ok with that

You guys gotta stop with the not caring about football stuff. The evidence clearly proves that’s not true. We have invested huge sums of money in football, and there’s no chance Fed will be fired until the offseason. So nobody here could possibly know he will be retained. If that ends up happening then I’ll be right there with you to complain about Bubba. But let’s give him a chance to do his job before we assume Fed is sticking around. For all we know the next hire has already been lined up.
Stop it. Your facts don't line up with the narrative. We can't have that here.

Reactions: uncboy10
I think fans care until shit like this year following a year like last year. Then it goes out the door. We are bad, extremely bad in a lot of phases of the game.

It also doesn’t help that Fedora from a personality perspective is a complete tool bag. His CTE comments looked ridiculous preseason, then his ECU/lack of memory comments piled on top of that. And then his weekly inability to take ownership of just how bad we are is just too much to bare. Apathy has set in at this point.

Unc is good or great in all other sports but football and I think the people at unc are ok with that
no... no, you don't think.

What little bit you DO try to think is absurd thinking. You've actually convinced yourself that the people who stand to gain and lose the most at UNC have purposely, methodically plotted to make sure that the school's football team falters. They've decided that it is in their best interest that UNC is not successful in the most lucrative sport in the country.

No, you don't think.

That is Fedora's record versus Dook.

The way I see things, even if you have 7 bowl teams, if you are 2-5 versus Dook, you should be fired.

Embarrassing indeed. Cut is twice the coach that Fed is. And we may have the worst starting QB in the ACC.

3-9 then 1-8 (so far)

4-17. We’re the Cleveland Browns of college football.

Fedora was a fraud when hired. As evidenced by Sou Miss falling off the table, totally devoid of talent, after he left. Same thing has happened at UNC. Seems he is OK with talent other folks recruit, but then his recruits can't put it together as well. But he may still be here next year as just not sure how important football really is at UNC as long as basketball is as successful as it has been

I think fans care until shit like this year following a year like last year. Then it goes out the door. We are bad, extremely bad in a lot of phases of the game.

It also doesn’t help that Fedora from a personality perspective is a complete tool bag. His CTE comments looked ridiculous preseason, then his ECU/lack of memory comments piled on top of that. And then his weekly inability to take ownership of just how bad we are is just too much to bare. Apathy has set in at this point.

What is this ‘we’ stuff? Do any of you guys hold a degree from UNC?

I agree with all of this.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
If money is truly not an issue, I can't see how Bubba can justify keeping Larry after this season. Injuries and suspensions aside, there is no excuse for the Heels to consistently be as undisciplined (and unprepared at times) as they always seem to be; and find new ways to lose winnable games nearly every week.

Pitt is 5-1 and leading the Coastal. How the $#!+ do the Heels always beat the Panthers, but nobody else?

If money is truly not an issue, I can't see how Bubba can justify keeping Larry after this season. Injuries and suspensions aside, there is no excuse for the Heels to consistently be as undisciplined (and unprepared at times) as they always seem to be; and find new ways to lose winnable games nearly every week.

Pitt is 5-1 and leading the Coastal. How the $#!+ do the Heels always beat the Panthers, but nobody else?
The issue is who replaces him.

Reactions: tarheel0910
The issue is who replaces him.
Yeah, I know. There’s always the potential for things to get worse. I don’t like the idea of making a change just for the sake of making a change. At this point, all I can do is trust that Bubba has a solid plan, and does the right thing.

I like(d) Fed and certainly wanted to see him succeed. Three years ago, it felt like we were on the right path. But now... ??? I'm not sure how much truth is in what others are saying on this board, but if he’s alienated the local HS coaches, and he can’t maintain a solid coaching staff, etc. the future is not bright.

Either way, I will watch every UNC game and pull for the Heels without regard to our record or situation.

Yeah, I know. There’s always the potential for things to get worse. I don’t like the idea of making a change just for the sake of making a change. At this point, all I can do is trust that Bubba has a solid plan, and does the right thing.

I like(d) Fed and certainly wanted to see him succeed. Three years ago, it felt like we were on the right path. But now... ??? I'm not sure how much truth is in what others are saying on this board, but if he’s alienated the local HS coaches, and he can’t maintain a solid coaching staff, etc. the future is not bright.

Either way, I will watch every UNC game and pull for the Heels without regard to our record or situation.
The results merit termination. I have no qualms with that. The local high school coach thing is some weird talking point that always seem to circulate when a team is struggling. It’s not unique to UNC and I don’t buy it. High school coaches can get over being butt hurt. Most of them don’t know shit and should be flattered a P5 coach from any school is on their campus.

People who are “legends in their own minds” don’t need others to accreditate them. You fall squarely into that category. Now carry on with your arrogance.
I'll take my arrogance over your ignorance any day

Says the guy who tries to use a fifty cent word he can't even spell correctly. Your ignorance is only exceeded by your arrogance.
You have lost the battle when you start point out spelling errors. Just quit.

Yep, Elliott is the "low hanging fruit" for many when criticizing the results but the problems go much deeper than the QB position. The next coach, regardless of who he is, will have a tough rebuilding job on his hands. This program is in the doldrums.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Good article by @andrew jones. Can't really disagree with what was said. I think we do have to give the staff some credit for not losing the locker room though. The players still seem to be giving it 100% every week. I just wish that could translate to wins.
Not losing the locker room when you lose over and over is bad for the program long term.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT