ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Presidential Election

Who did you vote for in the 2020 election?

• Trump/Pence

• Biden/Harris

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
when I don't understand something that either you or @uncboy10 says, I know I'm thinking clearly.

giphy.gif

I think it's important to be comparing apples to apples in regard to the current debate. "Like" is different from "respect" from "favorable" from "fear", etc. In briefly reviewing the link, I didn't see what the "poll" actually asked those surveyed.

My bigger question is why does it matter if we are "liked" by other countries? American policies should not be governed by a straw poll of or focus groups from other countries. By their very nature, many of the policies that are beneficial to the US may or may not be beneficial to, say, Germany. Why would it matter if a German citizen or even their chancellor "likes" something we decide is in OUR interest? All things being equal, I get it, but things are rarely ever that way, This is a concept that applies regardless of where you fall on the political spectrum.

so uh….we’re saying we were liked and respected under trump?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Who said that?

what (I think) they’re saying is that we’re not liked nor respected under Biden.

Whew for a moment there I thought people we’re trying to imply that the world’s lack of respect for us under biden is something new we didn’t experience under Trump. That would be stupid even for this board.

Last edited:
so uh….we’re saying we were liked and respected under trump?

Couple of things for me. When was the last time we were liked and respected by the world? Maybe in the 1940s? Germany probably wasn't excited with us though. Second thing is who cares if the Le' OOTB posters like us? I'm fine with not giving a shit about them.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Right, it's my understanding from @prlyles that everyone hated us when Trump was president. That made it hard on him when he traveled. Biden was supposed to fix that. For some reason @prlyles won't address how things are internationally right now.
Having not being able to travel overseas since COVID, I have no idea how people view Biden.

Having not being able to travel overseas since COVID, I have no idea how people view Biden.
Well, I guess you haven't read the threads on here. Multiple countries have condemned him over this shit show that's been going on. Of course, I don't think you should care what people think. Just know that things haven't gotten better.

Who gives a shit if we're "liked and respected"? I'd much rather be feared, which for most of modern history, we have been. That's all I need; other countries scared to cross us.
Good news, we've still got the worlds best military. And as always, we're not afraid to use drone strikes even if they take out innocent citizens.

Good news, we've still got the worlds best military. And as always, we're not afraid to use drone strikes even if they take out innocent citizens.

I like being so feared that we don't have to take action. It was once that way. We need to get back there.

You’re post sounded scarily like our arrogant VPOTUS when asked if she’d been to the border: “No, but I haven’t been to Europe either!” You don’t read or watch the news? If you do, it’s probably CNN. No wonder you’re so clueless about politics.

Last edited:
You’re post sounded scarily like our arrogant VPOTUS when asked if she’d been to the border: “No, but I haven’t been to Europe either!” You don’t read or watch the news? If you do, it’s probably CNN. No wonder you’re so clueless about politics.
What should people watch in order to be well-informed about social and political issues in the USA? What source is the most objective?

What should people watch in order to be well-informed about social and political issues in the USA? What source is the most objective?

You obviously. You know everything and your takes are always the most rational. Plus, the frequency in which you poast beats the shit out of the breaking news ticker running on the bottom of the screen on any news channel.

• Haha
Reactions: nctransplant
You obviously. You know everything and your takes are always the most rational. Plus, the frequency in which you poast beats the shit out of the breaking news ticker running on the bottom of the screen on any news channel.
I have no doubt that my frequency of posting is fervently monitored by you.

If I don't respond to you enough, you have to butt in and respond to a question posed to somebody else, like now.

ADVERTISEMENT