ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Presidential Election

Who did you vote for in the 2020 election?

• Trump/Pence

• Biden/Harris

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Of course you don’t, you think you already know everything. You’re a legend in your own mind.
Oh, I have no doubt that watching "News" channels would bring much-needed humility. The more biased, the better.

Oh, I have no doubt that watching "News" channels would bring much-needed humility. The more biased, the better.
At least you realize you’re arrogant. And all news channels are biased, a couple to the right and the rest to the left. Benjamin Franklin said a free press was necessary to maintain our Republic. We still have free speech, in that the media can basically say almost anything with impunity, even if it’s false. The days when we can rely on the media to tell us the unbiased truth are gone. If not, our corrupt politicians wouldn’t get away with doing half the things they do. It’s why we’re losing our great republic.

At least you realize you’re arrogant. And all news channels are biased, a couple to the right and the rest to the left. Benjamin Franklin said a free press was necessary to maintain our Republic. We still have free speech, in that the media can basically say almost anything with impunity, even if it’s false. The days when we can rely on the media to tell us the unbiased truth are gone. If not, our corrupt politicians wouldn’t get away with doing half the things they do. It’s why we’re losing our great republic.
You’re not dumb enough to think the media was ever unbiased are you?

Reactions: tarheel0910
Maybe not. But 50 years ago they were faaaaaar less biased than they are now. They didn’t let their personal political beliefs influence their on air reporting. Just the opposite of what’s going on today.

The "great republic" was sold a long time ago.

And, you can thank the removal of The Fairness Doctrine, by the FCC in 1987, for helping the extreme bias in "TV News." Ever since that was abolished, American Television, and now internet, media has been inundated with extremely biased, "news-for-profit"-motivated content. "News" sources can be as indiscriminate as they want. In fact, the business model basically begs them to report with a hard bias, nurture the bias with their viewers, and create more confirmation bias along the way. It's a money-making machine!

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Maybe not. But 50 years ago they were faaaaaar less biased than they are now. They didn’t let their personal political beliefs influence their on air reporting. Just the opposite of what’s going on today.
50 years ago may have been less biased, but 200 years ago it was as bad as it is today.

The Vietnam-Nixon era media wasn’t exactly synonymous with political harmony and the actual unbiased reporting that goes with that. I’d argue we haven’t seen that since like 1820 and the Monroe Presidency, if that could even qualify.

I think it’s possible you’re glorifying your own nostalgia.

The Vietnam-Nixon era media wasn’t exactly synonymous with political harmony and the actual unbiased reporting that goes with that. I’d argue we haven’t seen that since like 1820 and the Monroe Presidency, if that could even qualify.

I think it’s possible you’re glorifying your own nostalgia.
Political harmony is not a prerequisite for unbiased reporting. Unbiased reporting means doing your utmost to ensure that what you’re reporting is factual. If the Libs **** up, report it. Ditto for Conservatives. The media used to report on policy, today they’re making policy. With the internet, media exerts an unprecedented amount of influence on our politics. It’s nothing like it was pre-internet.

Reactions: dadika13
The media used to report on policy, today they’re making policy. With the internet, media exerts an unprecedented amount of influence on our politics. It’s nothing like it was pre-internet.
Yeah I agree with you here.

The internet has really put fuel on the fire of divide and the media is absolutely in the business of profiting off of that division. It sucks.

Reactions: Archer2
It's the algorithmically curated feeds, combined with advertising driven models which incentivize sensationalized information because that's what generates the clicks and gets them paid. And then the algorithms reward that content further because the stuff getting the clicks is what keeps you on their platform. It's a vicious cycle.

Last edited:
no of course not but I thought we were supposed to be 'progressing' and becoming more enlightened. Instead, the bias (political and otherwise) and the yellow journalism is probably as bad as it's ever been, and worse. The media is a disgusting shitshow.

ETA: and it's a shitshow that has a hugely detrimental impact on our lives.

Last edited:
no of course not but I thought we were supposed to be 'progressing' and becoming more enlightened. Instead, the bias (political and otherwise) and the yellow journalism is probably as bad as it's ever been, and worse. The media is a disgusting shitshow.
Yep, I don’t have much respect for politicians in general, and even less for Democratic politicians. But I have zero respect for 90% of the mainstream media.

Reactions: bluetoe
I was just looking at the poll poasted in this thread and I guarantee if the question was "Who microwaves hotdogs?" the same 4 that voted for Biden/Harris would have voted yes they microwave hotdogs.

If the hotdog goes in the microwave........
microwaving-your-balls.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT