ADVERTISEMENT

2021 recruiting and commitments

EWNbelMWoAEyTTx

Will Shipley has done an interview in which he answers questions about the schools he is most likely to attend. There are 4 questions about UNC. One of those questions is a negative: 'What is 1 thing about UNC that has him hesitant?'

His answer is that he does not know how long Mack Brown will continue to coach, nor what will happen with UNC football after Brown.

That is an extremely favorable negative. I think I've made more about Mack's age than anyone here, and I'm always focused on age 75. Shipley will be long gone by then, and he knows that. So Shipley's answer means that he has nothing substantial that he is willing to say that is holding him back from committing to UNC.

I've long felt that Shipley was headed to either Clemson or Notre Dame. Perhaps it is a true 3 horse race.

Tennessee is one of the Top for Ritzie. The Vols now a commitment from the top recruit in AL - WDE Dylan Brooks. The Vols have a commitment from high 3* SDE Darrell Jackson from FL.

Does the Brooks commitment help or hurt the Vols in trying to land Ritzie? Or does it mean nothing?

Brooks is the 5th player from AL to commit to the Vols for the class of 2021. That's a huge number from a smallish state with 2 SEC teams. Pruitt is an AL native who coached HS football there and later coached at Bama. He's doing well recruitng the state he knows best for the flagship of a border state. He also has 2 NC commitments, but neither is close to a loss for UNC under Mack.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Tennessee is one of the Top for Ritzie. The Vols now a commitment from the top recruit in AL - WDE Dylan Brooks. The Vols have a commitment from high 3* SDE Darrell Jackson from FL.

Does the Brooks commitment help or hurt the Vols in trying to land Ritzie? Or does it mean nothing?

Brooks is the 5th player from AL to commit to the Vols for the class of 2021. That's a huge number from a smallish state with 2 SEC teams. Pruitt is an AL native who coached HS football there and later coached at Bama. He's doing well recruitng the state he knows best for the flagship of a border state. He also has 2 NC commitments, but neither is close to a loss for UNC under Mack.

Tennessee is trying to flex with a few scheduled commitments to give their recruiting some momentum. Lots of schools do it. Not too concerned about Ritzie going to UT.

Last edited:
Tennessee is trying to flex with a few scheduled commitments to give their recruiting some momentum. Lots of schools do it. Not too concerned about Ritzie going to UT.
I think UT is the last school on his final five list to get a commitment from Jahvaree. I’d really like to sign him, he’s a difference maker.

Wow! he's dropped from 77th to 206th, most likely amid concerns about his weight gain. Most of our guys have moved up from what I can see. They have our class ranked 2nd behind the runaway leader Ohio State.
The weight gain could mean that he will struggle with weight and lack of speed, quickness, and stamina in college, or it could mean that he will adjust be playing at 340 in college, clogging up the entire middle, allowing quick DEs and LBs to feast.

The weight gain could mean that he will struggle with weight and lack of speed, quickness, and stamina in college, or it could mean that he will adjust be playing at 340 in college, clogging up the entire middle, allowing quick DEs and LBs to feast.
Oh don't get me wrong, I want him to come to UNC in the worst way. I'm hoping Ritzie and one or two more will pull the trigger for us and entice Page to do likewise. Give him some time with Hess and he'll have him in playing form within a year.

The positive thing about him dropping so far in the rankings is that Clemson may be a little less enthusiastic in their recruiting of Page. One can only hope.

;)

also didn't have a great year last year per the experts.

Lack of discipline in eati
Or it could mean lack of discipline.
Lack of discipline in eating and working out will lead to bad weight gain. When that happens to a player in HS, college coaches must determine if it is a blip that should be overcome with college imposed discipline, or if the player has the kind of lazy or carefree attitude that is unlikely to accept rigorous discipline required to master his potential.

I'd be more than happy with Tyliek Williams as DT commit. If he were ready to commit now, I'd take him and not think twice about Page. We need 1 of them, plus Ritzie.

Man they love them some Keeshawn.

Look for RaRa Dillworth to soar in 247's rankings before the end of this cycle. 247's national guys love him, and he grades out well on 247's metrics and analytics.

Rivals needs to update. They don't even have Keeshawn top 10 in NC. I actually think they have Dillworth listed as a 3 star as well. There's a considerable discrepancy between them, ESPN and 247 on a few of our guys.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Lack of discipline in eating and working out will lead to bad weight gain. When that happens to a player in HS, college coaches must determine if it is a blip that should be overcome with college imposed discipline, or if the player has the kind of lazy or carefree attitude that is unlikely to accept rigorous discipline required to master his potential.

I'd be more than happy with Tyliek Williams as DT commit. If he were ready to commit now, I'd take him and not think twice about Page. We need 1 of them, plus Ritzie.

I don't know that I'd not think twice about Page. He's struggled with his weight and his numbers were down last year but the days of NTs coming in at 290-300 are just about over. That's not to take anything away from Williams. I know we also have another one that wants to visit once things are open.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT