ADVERTISEMENT

2021 recruiting and commitments

I think Page is the kind of recruit we'll have a much better chance of landing once we get a 10+ win season under Mack.

I think Page is the kind of recruit we'll have a much better chance of landing once we get a 10+ win season under Mack.
I agree, but some are leaders and some are followers. By choosing UNC you are becoming a part of building a great program in your home state. Choosing Clemson is following a bunch of other great players to an already established program in another state. To each his own.

If we do get commitments from RaRa and Wilson, we can then put the full press on instate players Jahvaree Ritzie, Dameon Wilson, Zaire Patterson, and a couple more OL like Yousef Mugharbil and Colby Smith. Land 3 of those 5 and we finish with a top five class.

I’d be amazed if Page picked the Heels.

Amaze me Page. Come on, I dare you!
I'm fairly well resigned to his signing with Clemson. As much as I've wanted him in Carolina Blue, I'd be more than OK to lose him if we land both Jahvaree Ritzie and Tyleik Williams.

I agree, but some are leaders and some are followers. By choosing UNC you are becoming a part of building a great program in your home state. Choosing Clemson is following a bunch of other great players to an already established program in another state. To each his own.

If we do get commitments from RaRa and Wilson, we can then put the full press on instate players Jahvaree Ritzie, Dameon Wilson, Zaire Patterson, and a couple more OL like Yousef Mugharbil and Colby Smith. Land 3 of those 5 and we finish with a top five class.

If Mack gets us to the promised land then the guys from these first few classes will always be fan favorites for leading the charge and committing before we started winning a ton of games.

Reactions: Archer2
Avery Jones is in the portal. He was a 4* most of us assumed would be in the mix fairly early on. I know he was close to Kapilovic, who felt he could he could become a starter at either G or C.

Does this mean we will take 1 more 2021 OL recruit than planned?

Dillworth is announcing today at 4 (3). It's Tar Heels or Tide.

His unique skills set could be maximized in a Bateman D. Bateman would move him around to multiple spots to find match ups that he could exploit.

giphy.gif

Welcome to the Family fellas.

With the commitment of as many as four guys that I've seen listed as "athletes", just curious as to where you think these guys might end up playing.

Kamarro Edmonds - I've seen him listed as a RB as well.
Dontavious Nash - I've seen him listed as s DB as well.
Tymir Brown - I've seen him listed as a DB as well.
Gabe Stephens - I've seen him listed as a LB as well.

I realize it will depend on how much these guys continue to grow and fill out. I guess it's impossible to know for sure if they'll be DB's, LB's, or WR's at this point. But it's likely the staff has told at least some of them what position they're primarily being recruited for.

We took 4 guys listed as WR's in the '20 class, and have commitments from 2 WR's so far in the '21 class. So I figure at least three of the four(all but Edmonds?) will wind up as DB's. I figure we'll add a couple of more DL's, a couple more OL's, a couple more WR's, and a TE.

What do you think? I think we have 14 commitments and are expected to take about 22, correct?

His unique skills set could be maximized in a Bateman D. Bateman would move him around to multiple spots to find match ups that he could exploit.
With his speed, I'm hoping he can develop into a player with skills similar to LT's(I know, blasphemous right?), and wreak havoc from all over the field, similar to the way Simmons was used at Clemson. The kind of playmaker that every QB has to account for on every play.

:D

Reactions: uncfootball-
With the commitment of as many as four guys that I've seen listed as "athletes", just curious as to where you think these guys might end up playing.

Kamarro Edmonds - I've seen him listed as a RB as well.
Dontavious Nash - I've seen him listed as s DB as well.
Tymir Brown - I've seen him listed as a DB as well.
Gabe Stephens - I've seen him listed as a LB as well.

I realize it will depend on how much these guys continue to grow and fill out. I guess it's impossible to know for sure if they'll be DB's, LB's, or WR's at this point. But it's likely the staff has told at least some of them what position they're primarily being recruited for.

We took 4 guys listed as WR's in the '20 class, and have commitments from 2 WR's so far in the '21 class. So I figure at least three of the four(all but Edmonds?) will wind up as DB's. I figure we'll add a couple of more DL's, a couple more OL's, a couple more WR's, and a TE.

What do you think? I think we have 14 commitments and are expected to take about 22, correct?

Yes to DL. One more OL (OT), One more WR (looking for some length)...TE honestly don't know. We'll save a couple spots for best available (Grimes, Shipley).

Yes to DL. One more OL (OT), One more WR (looking for some length)...TE honestly don't know. We'll save a couple spots for best available (Grimes, Shipley).

Lilly loves Tight End, Miles Cambell, as we offered him as soon as Lilly was hired. J.J. Jones is a WR UNC wants. Also really high on OT, Logan Taylor. Patterson on the DL and obviously Grimes at CB.

Somebody give Mack a raise. This is going to be fun. Because I live in SC, I have to listen to the constant Clemson drivel on sports radio. They still feel entitled and that no one can touch them in the near term. But they are worried. Their jokes about UNC hiring an old man past his prime have stopped. When you flip a QB from Bama, then win recruiting battles against Clemson and Bama you are a serious player in the game. They don't think UNC has the firepower to catch them next year, but they are very worried about what comes after that. And just imagine how old Dave feels over at Moo U. I bet he is calling every mid major in the country trying to set up his next job. Mack coming back was his worst nightmare

Now we have to show improvement on the field this upcoming season, that is crucial to maintaining recruiting momentum. It all starts with UCF, a difficult game but one I think we can win. We need to win that game to go into the Auburn game with confidence.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT