ADVERTISEMENT

2021 recruiting and commitments

I live in South Charlotte and went to South Meck. Word from all my Myers Park buddies is Maye is going to de-commit from Alabama. I don't know when, but I believe it is going to happen.

Also my buddies dad is an assistant baseball coach at MP and he is the one who told us and they all talk to each other, so expect a de-commitment.

Also my buddies dad is an assistant baseball coach at MP and he is the one who told us and they all talk to each other, so expect a de-commitment.
Are they talking about where he will then next commit?

Being a QB in the 2nd class after a QB like Howell is in most ways ideal.

Reactions: Archer2
5* QB Brock Vandagriff has de-committed from Oklahoma. UNC has offered, but I don't think he's ever had any interest.

Is he the type who would want to go all the way to OR?

Tennessee is border state and has a long history of getting top ranked NC players. But has Pruitt turned the corner? How likely is it that the Vols get back to being annual top 3 in the SEC East with a shot to win it once in a while?

LSU is hot, but LSU also is always going to have a boatload of top DT talent, 3-deep major DT talent, most of it from LA or a border state.

Clemson is close and perhaps the nation's best all around program right now. But the 2020 Clemson DL class is the best in the country and perhaps the best in ACC history.

WOW!!! UNC just landed Power Echols. I thought for sure he was Clemson bound. When I watched him and Simpson play he seemed to be the better player to me.
I certainly hope your impression was, and is, correct.

I think he'd indicated UNC as the leader for him a couple of times over the past 10-12 months.

So far, we have two 4* commits on D for the class of 2021, both NC guys. It sure would be nice to add 5* DT Payton Page and 4* DE Jahvaree Ritzie to that group of NC top talent on D playing in Carolina Blue. Then VA 5* CB Tony Grimes would be a perfect addition.

WOW!!! UNC just landed Power Echols. I thought for sure he was Clemson bound. When I watched him and Simpson play he seemed to be the better player to me.

Agreed. Power is a complete beast! Not only a terrific athlete but a tremendous individual. Glad he's a Tar Heel.

Wow hope you’re serious and if so will probably get another star later...even if he doesn’t glad to have him. Hope we don’t lose him to clemsuck later on down the road.

Stay away from clemsuck they have PLENTY of DTs and DEs just picked up more commitments this weekend. Go ahead make a pledge for the Heels!
We're gonna go ahead and take Page to go along with the two DE commits we got this weekend. You guys can have the rest though.

We're gonna go ahead and take Page to go along with the two DE commits we got this weekend. You guys can have the rest though.
You may, but all that talent on the DL in back to back classes cannot play. There are not enough snaps. That is what UNC and other schools are stressing.

If Page wants to be 1 of 3 or more 5* DTs on a team that also has 3 or 4 5* DEs and another 4 or so 4* DTs, then Clemson is ideal. If he wants to be the lone 5* DT on a fast rinsing program that probably will have the 2nd most talent on D in the ACC by 2021, then UNC is ideal.

Y’all aren’t even recruiting anymore. You are just selecting the ones that you want. Dabo really has things rolling down there. Until someone challenges Clemson for the ACC, it will continue to stay that way. I hope that Mack can get us there.

2 more commitments today or tomorrow
Well, we made a top 5 list, but didn’t get another commitment after Power. You still think someone will pop before the next junior day this weekend?

Do we really have a legitimate shot at page or are we making his top five as a courtesy for being the state school? I want him and we NEED him.

A lot of people at Myers Park still don't think Drake Maye will stay committed to Alabama, but they could be wrong if Saban is really making him his number one guy like he says he is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT