ADVERTISEMENT

2021 recruiting and commitments

Ranking mean very little it’s mostly about coaching and reaching their potential
Yes it’s easier to coach and win with 4 and 5 stars but not impossible with lesser stars either. Point being for those who missed it we are never gonna field a team loaded with 5* we will get some 4* but we have to develop the lesser stars too and hope they can become 4 or 5*. My example was etienne he has become a 5* wasn’t coming out of HS. I would love to grab as many fives as possible but not gonna happen.

Another point was that when a high star commits to us they usually decrease in ranking and stars due to not going to a football school.

Another point was that when a high star commits to us they usually decrease in ranking and stars due to not going to a football school.
Kind of hard to make that case when we just had three recruits get bumped up to four star players.

Kind of hard to make that case when we just had three recruits get bumped up to four star players.
A blind squirrel gets lucky every now and then. It’s not that big of a deal I’m just saying don’t be shocked if some drop in rankings or stars due to not going to a powerhouse in football. Just my opinion you can disagree and I’m fine with that. Personally it doesn’t matter if they drop or lose a star as long as they are coached up once they get on campus.

I think it's obvious that consistently signing highly ranked recruits correlates with success. Clemson has loaded their team with 4 and 5 star players and it shows.

If Mack continues to recruit at the current level for at least two more years, we will have a roster that is mostly full of 4 and highly ranked 3 star players. Most of the starters will probably have been 4 star recruits.

As far as I'm concerned we can roll Mack out in a wheelchair, as long as he keeps recruiting like he has been.

In the last Rivals rerankings all 5 players committed to UGa and Ala dropped. Every school somehow sees bias in the rankings and its usually selective memory combined with the American desire to always think everyone is out to get them.

So who would you rather have? Clemson's roster next year with a high school staff in Wake County coaching... OR Akron's roster with Dabo's staff coaching?

OMG. Let me try to sum this up. First off it all started as a joke/comment that since a highly regarded recruit picked us he will probably be re-evaluated and drop in rankings or stars. It has happened to us before and yes others have risen I realize that just making a little joke sorry for those that took it so seriously. The original comment was in response to another post saying something about the recruit dropping as well if I remember correctly. To me it’s not that big of a deal. I agree stars can give you an idea of a recruit’s “potential” but not a guarantee to nothing. Sure some highly recruited guys have been a bust while others like walkons or low star guys have turned out to be better than expected. Being able to coach them up to reach or stay at their potential is important. So took make some people happy yes stars are a good indicator but not a guarantee....gotta coach them too.

So who would you rather have? Clemson's roster next year with a high school staff in Wake County coaching... OR Akron's roster with Dabo's staff coaching?

Anyone can coach their roster doesn’t take a genius. Just shows how good of a recruiter that staff is and they continue to coach them once they get them on campus.

now hopefully we can get back to talking about possible recruits and commitments to UNC. Didn’t mean to cause an uproar. I’m done with this topic

Keeshawn Silver of Rocky Mount has named a Top 15, and UNC makes the cut. He is one of the two DEs in the class that I think are the next most important DL recruits behind DT Page (the other DE is Jahvaree Ritzie). Land all 3 of those NC natives, and with the 2020 class, you are talking National Championship level D.

Good start but it's a long way from over. Brewer and UF won't stop until signing day.
The other schools won't quit either. Just like we haven't quit on Drake Maye. But the more top recruits from NC who commit to UNC, the more likely it is that we land even more of what surely will be the deepest and best NC football recruiting class ever.

And because kids today are less localized than HS players were even in the year 2000, because of smart phones, 4* NC kids committing to UNC helps 4* kids from other states take another look or two at UNC.

Reactions: Archer2
Have we ever even been close to this level of recruiting? Mack and his staff are absolutely crushing it right now.

Have we ever even been close to this level of recruiting? Mack and his staff are absolutely crushing it right now.
The 2009 class finished #8 in the country, but it included non-qualifiers like Justin Dixon and Hawatha Bell, plus Donovan Tate, who was drafted by MLB. That used to be a regular occurrence. One thing you have to credit Fedora for, which Mack has continued, is that a higher percentage of recruits who sign with UNC actually make it to campus.

Supposed to be some big recruiting news dropping this afternoon. I'm like

200.gif

Flipping a recruit from Bama is big, even when he is a UNC football legacy. Hopefully it means a nudge to Payton Page and Evan Pryor. If those 2 also jump on board early, then there is not telling where the momentum can go.

also hearing rumblings of another recruit committing rhis weekend. People are also saying Pryor is on commit watch; especially if he doesn't take anymore visits in the next couple days

Who do you think it might be committing this weekend? Pryor or RaRa or maybe Ritzie??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT