ADVERTISEMENT

2021 recruiting and commitments

Not incorrect at all, actually. Need to be more informed inside your own program over there.[/QUOO l
I know all I need to know and it's pretty clear you don't. You really think Clemson would devote all their defensive tackle recruiting time to a kid they're gonna move to offensive line or a kid they aren't sure about taking his commitment. Think about it for just a minute and maybe it'll make sense. Page is literally the only defensive tackle Clemson has recruited this cycle. It's amazing the crap people will believe when it gives them hope. I really don't like arguing with opposing fans on their site, I really just started coming over here to read and keep up with how things are going in Chapel Hill because I like what Mack's doing. Unfortunately when I read outlandish things I can't help but comment.

Are you also going to dispute the fact that Page wasn't a take for Clemson until he dropped his weight?

He's not going to UNC, so no it's not giving me "hope". I know what's going on with the NC kids, if you don't like it, move somewhere else, like your coach said. Go Heels.

Are you also going to dispute the fact that Page wasn't a take for Clemson until he dropped his weight?

He's not going to UNC, so no it's not giving me "hope". I know what's going on with the NC kids, if you don't like it, move somewhere else, like your coach said. Go Heels.
I don't live in North Carolina so I'm fine and yes I'm still disputing the fact that Page was ever not a take for Clemson. You don't know any more about what the kids are going to do than any other message board warrior. The only thing that any of us know for certain is that Page is the only defensive tackle Clemson recruited this cycle and they landed him. If you honestly believe they put all their eggs in one basket but weren't prepared to take him when he was ready to commit then you just don't know as much about recruiting as you think. Todd Bates identified Page as the guy he wanted during his sophomore year and never wavered. Regardless, keep up the good work in Chapel Hill and good luck down the road.

I don't live in North Carolina so I'm fine and yes I'm still disputing the fact that Page was ever not a take for Clemson. You don't know any more about what the kids are going to do than any other message board warrior. The only thing that any of us know for certain is that Page is the only defensive tackle Clemson recruited this cycle and they landed him. If you honestly believe they put all their eggs in one basket but weren't prepared to take him when he was ready to commit then you just don't know as much about recruiting as you think. Todd Bates identified Page as the guy he wanted during his sophomore year and never wavered. Regardless, keep up the good work in Chapel Hill and good luck down the road.

I know plenty, especially about the local kids. I know Dawkins from South Carolina was plan B. You stay on your board, we'll take care of it over here. Thanks.

Reactions: deandisciple
I know plenty, especially about the local kids. I know Dawkins from South Carolina was plan B. You stay on your board, we'll take care of it over here. Thanks.
Easy guys. First thing is do we even know that Page lost the weight? It didn't really sound like it from Callahan and Martin on TOS podcast. Someone said he showed up at a camp weighing almost 400 and that he had some academic issues last year too. I guess the academic issues will disappear with Covid and everybody will be waived on through. I prefer TID all day long. I also read TID is planning on enrolling early.

Easy guys. First thing is do we even know that Page lost the weight? It didn't really sound like it from Callahan and Martin on TOS podcast. Someone said he showed up at a camp weighing almost 400 and that he had some academic issues last year too. I guess the academic issues will disappear with Covid and everybody will be waived on through. I prefer TID all day long. I also read TID is planning on enrolling early.

Not gonna comment on Page anymore as he committed elsewhere. TID has tweeted UNC related things today and Mack liked one of them. Staff is on him hard as are the recruits. Hopefully we can bring him on home.

Page should be fine once he gets in a real weight and nutrition program. Clemson has had some good DLs and putting those guys in the league. There's a reason Page was their top choice. That's not to say TID isn't good or doesn't have as much potential. Page is more of natural NT, while TID is a DT that could grow into that role.

He did tos reported it one of the reporters for them he said he wants to enjoy the process also rumblings of a new name and a possible flip

Didn't see it on his twitter. He's flipped from multiple schools now. Hope he makes the best possible decision for him and his family.

I think we'll see a few fireworks here before this 2020 recruiting class is wrapped up.

Better to lose a recruit to UGA than to Clemson or another ACC school.

One benefit of bringing in large quantities of talent is that it doesn't hurt quite so bad when a guy decommits or transfers.

Sounds like they have a plan to combat the move so that is good. Jones is a Duke commit but I think they can work on him in addition to the two other OL that are uncommitted in NC.

3* guards just aren't that hard to replace. According to some insiders the staff wasn't looking for interior OL and took him because they considered him elite. It kind of reminds me of Emmanuel McGirt from a few years ago , he flipped to the woofies and then rarely or never played.

3* guards just aren't that hard to replace. According to some insiders the staff wasn't looking for interior OL and took him because they considered him elite. It kind of reminds me of Emmanuel McGirt from a few years ago , he flipped to the woofies and then rarely or never played.

McGirt was a beast in high school. Watched him play against my New Bern Bears several times and it was like watching Michael Oher play against middle schoolers.

Projecting OL on how they will translate to the college game is the toughest thing to do. Our best OL last year came in as a 5.5 3 star "athlete". I would have loved to have Wilson, but is is far from a sure thing. Jonah Melton is another example of someone who was very highly rated and just didn't pan out.

Just announced. Hope he can beat out all those guys in front of him at UGA. Need some bodies on the OL in this class.
We should have taken Colby Smith. This flip and Logan Taylor going UVA means that instead of a class on the OL that could have been great, it may well end up being barely average.

Games are won in the trenches. The DL is clearly being rebuilt big time. The OL may be stagnating. Is this just about Searles?

We should have worked very hard to sign 4 from among Sutton, Taylor, Smith, Wilson, Mougharbil. It's possible we could end up with only Taylor. That is the way to ruin a class with major recruits at other positions.

ADVERTISEMENT