ADVERTISEMENT

2021 recruiting and commitments

The 1st 2021 commitment is Dontavious Nash of Gastonia Hunter Huss. Nash is a 6-2 Safety and already is a 4* recruit for at least some services. His offer list already includes Auburn and Georgia, as well as VT, WVU, Moo, Dook, and Wake.
Have to say @WoadBlue, I think the staff has had a damn good 7 months on the recruiting trail since you penned this thread.

I think we'll get Marks from Buffalo and possibly one of the DL guys leaving Clemson. Still could really use an experienced WR.

I think we'll get Marks from Buffalo and possibly one of the DL guys leaving Clemson. Still could really use an experienced WR.

They’re higher on Chandler from Tenn due to his speed, staff is familiar with him as a few recruited him at Tenn, success at the P5 level plus he’s shown he can catch the rock as well. Doubt they’ll add another on the DL now that they have Silver, Ritzie and Bingley Jones coming in.

They’re higher on Chandler from Tenn due to his speed, staff is familiar with him as a few recruited him at Tenn, success at the P5 level plus he’s shown he can catch the rock as well. Doubt they’ll add another on the DL now that they have Silver, Ritzie and Bingley Jones coming in.

I could see Chandler being first priority and Marks being the backup if Chandler goes elsewhere. Even with the young guys coming in on the d-line, you need at least two quality guys at every spot. I know that we have some really great young guys, but building enough depth to be comfortable along both lines is a crucial component to a successful program. Even if every single d-lineman we have stays healthy and develops well, another highly rated DL transfer could be very useful for building a deeper rotation and keeping guys fresh in the second half. It also gives the staff more wiggle room to experiment with moving guys around. I'd take both of the guys leaving Clemson in a heartbeat. That would be a freakin' unit.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I could see Chandler being first priority and Marks being the backup if Chandler goes elsewhere. Even with the young guys coming in on the d-line, you need at least two quality guys at every spot. I know that we have some really great young guys, but building enough depth to be comfortable along both lines is a crucial component to a successful program. Even if every single d-lineman we have stays healthy and develops well, another highly rated DL transfer could be very useful for building a deeper rotation and keeping guys fresh in the second half. It also gives the staff more wiggle room to experiment with moving guys around. I'd take both of the guys leaving Clemson in a heartbeat. That would be a freakin' unit.

One of the Clemson guys just committed to Minny.

Will alleviate a little of the pressure on our young stable of backs. That's the position I'm most concerned about heading into the off season. With his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, he should transition fairly quickly to our offense. I really like this pickup. I won't be surprised if he sets a career season rushing mark next year.

Will alleviate a little of the pressure on our young stable of backs. That's the position I'm most concerned about heading into the off season. With his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, he should transition fairly quickly to our offense. I really like this pickup. I won't be surprised if he sets a career season rushing mark next year.

True. Now we just need at least one of the new guys or current guys to step up and help carry the load. There’s plenty of candidates. Wonder why he didn’t have many carries this year? Injuries or what?

True. Now we just need at least one of the new guys or current guys to step up and help carry the load. There’s plenty of candidates. Wonder why he didn’t have many carries this year? Injuries or what?

They started playing other guys, for whatever reason. And he never had a O-line or a QB, that’s about to change.

With the Vols and the Yardbirds struggling, that has opened up a recruiting advantage for UNC. In past years, both of those programs, especially UT, would poach some of North Carolina’s best players. That’s not happening as much now, and we were able to poach Sutton away from the Vols. That’s a nice change.

Reactions: keysersosay#1
Chandler had 456 carries for 456 yards, an average of 4.6 YPA. He caught 16 passes for 111 yards, 6.9 YPA.

He’s also averaged 22.3 yards on kickoff returns, his 724 yards is good for 14th best in school history. I think we’ll see him there too.

Chandler had 456 carries for 456 yards, an average of 4.6 YPA. He caught 16 passes for 111 yards, 6.9 YPA.

He’s also averaged 22.3 yards on kickoff returns, his 724 yards is good for 14th best in school history. I think we’ll see him there too.

Had over 5 yards per carry one of his seasons with bad QB and OL play. He'll thrive with UNC against these ACC defenses.

Reactions: JimmyinVA

Funny math on that YPA. Maybe lots of negative yardage ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT