ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting Thread

What makes you think Love and Sharpe do not want the degree and Kessler does?

Uh, because he has said as much, Mr. Premi. Do your own research. I also said when going to the NBA. Did I say Love and Sharpe won't get their degree later on? Amazing

9nohQh4.jpg

His HS coach says he is pretty tough having been smacked around by older stronger kids coming along and he just keeps after it.
Also, interesting that he and Day'Ron have had some games facing each other, to a draw, Chet hitting 3's and Day'Ron owning the paint.

Reactions: TheGLOV and Archer2
Seems like a great kid. Legit 7fter with guard skills. This is the kid that crossed up Steph Curry. weighs 190lbs. but watching him play it doesnt seem to effect him. Seems real humble. Needs some red beans and rice and a protein shake after, but wouldnt mind seeing this kid in Carolina Blue. Matchup nightmare.
Phenomenal talent.

He has skills no doubt..., but that's one skinny dude. 7'0 & 190 lbs.? I'm not sure the weight is right, but being 7'0 his bone structure most likely weighs 160. He's going to need Wanda's banana pudding by the "large" bowlful's.
Wanda and Jonas will beef him up, but his skill level for a legit seven footer is amazing. As Clint says below, he plays like a European big man.

Clint Jackson Says:
“In my opinion, Holmgren is one of the best two players in American in his class. When you have a guy who is a true 7 footer and can dribble, pass and shoot as ell as he can, he is very difficult to guard. Most people will look at Holmgren and see that he is super skinny and assume that he is not aggressive. However, Holmgren is actually very assertive and aggressive and is a tremendous rim protector who leaps effortlessly.

“He plays more like a modern European big man than an American one, and I think he’s a sure-fire pro prospect because his fluidity and skill level is off the charts. This is also a guy who’s done quite well against incoming UNC big man Day’Ron Sharpe, and the list of people who can say that is very short.”

I watched him play Bronny's team and Holmgren had 10 blocks after the 3rd qtr. Sierra Canyon is loaded with NBA kids and DIV 1 players and Holmgren ate em up! He had a decent amount of points and rebounds, but more importantly his team beat them by 20 and Holmgren was a big reason. They stopped coming in the paint in the 4th qtr and poor shooting is why Sierra Canyon lost.

The word on reddit is that Bacot is 100% gone after this season. So recruiting more bigs makes sense.

After 2021, Garrison will have graduated, Bacot will have left the previous summer. Depending on what the freshman do, we might need 2 more bigs in 2021.

I’m sure Bacot came in planning to be OAD but that’s not gonna happen unless he is comfortable with a second round pick or going undrafted and spending the next year in the D-league.

Reactions: keysersosay#1
I’m sure Bacot came in planning to be OAD but that’s not gonna happen unless he is comfortable with a second round pick or going undrafted and spending the next year in the D-league.

Evidently he hates school so it doesn't really matter what his prospects are professionally.

I think Bacot will go most likely due to his age. He’s never going to be a prototypical modern NBA Big so most years possible and theoretical upside are probably his best bet. Not sure why we’d be making guesses at his scholastic situation.

ETA: how quickly we forget what a win it was when a kid committed here and then recruited for us as much as anyone in recent memory. Probably don’t get Cole without him either.

i hate to say it but make a statement and kick him off the team if he aint going to class. Why waste the coaching and training staff time if he isnt committed.

Reactions: Terror Beard
What does one of those people even mean? Tread lightly.
He means you are one of those persons who think racism isn't the belief that a person of any race, who believes their race to be superior, can dislike others due to race. What is wrong with that?

He means you are one of those persons who think racism isn't the belief that a person of any race, who believes their race to be superior, can dislike others due to race. What is wrong with that?

What? Lol. A. Persons? B. That's the dumbest thing I ever heard.

I love when white persons call persons out on race. It's gold.

You aren't even worth the time
I'm not asking you for your time. You are the one flapping your gums making ridiculous assertions and being combative . If you feel that is time wasted then maybe you should use your time better.

If no classes he will be suspended soon more than likely

If Armando isn't going to class I would be surprised. Our Coach, staff and administration don't play that....after all we're not like the crowd 9 miles up 15/501.

If Armando isn't going to class I would be surprised. Our Coach, staff and administration don't play that....after all we're not like the crowd 9 miles up 15/501.
I don't imagine he would be allowed to shirk all class responsibilities, even if he's already decided to go pro. But if he isn't taking classes seriously, that would be an indicator to us outsiders that he doesn't plan to be here next season.

if Bacot's body is in class but his mind is elsewhere...he needs to go overseas, G league..etc....his heart wont be in playing college ball 2021/especially with 2 bigs incoming/added to fact he got hurt this yr & saw what happened to his BF

I'm not asking you for your time. You are the one flapping your gums making ridiculous assertions and being combative . If you feel that is time wasted then maybe you should use your time better.

Oh

I'm not hijacking a thread. DM if you want to discuss this further.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT