ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting

^^You all do a good job of providing coverage. What I meant was some of our peers (like FSU) seem to be further along in the process, for example, they're actually offering for-credit classes, highlighting the partnership with their business school, and have a better overall web presence with a lot if details already hammered out. I'm sure some of that's because FL passed legislation.

What happens if a guy at Bama makes $300K, or a guy at LSU makes $500K? What's going to happen to recruiting? Is it still going to be a great recruiting tool then?
True. For the first time we might start loosing recruits to Alabama and LSU. The NIL is going to help us keep a lot of local guys home. Those five star kids who are going four states away to be second string, now have a good reason to stay home and start.

And there's no reason to think a UNC player can't make that type of money. UNC is a national brand and has everything else you would want in a school if you're an athlete. This is a big time win for us.

^^You all do a good job of providing coverage. What I meant was some of our peers (like FSU) seem to be further along in the process, for example, they're actually offering for-credit classes, highlighting the partnership with their business school, and have a better overall web presence with a lot if details already hammered out. I'm sure some of that's because FL passed legislation.
I'm sure there is a lot more going on for us behind the scenes that we don't know about. From what I understand, they have already been giving presentations about it to recruits.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
It’s just crazy to think that this is what recruiting looks like without any ‘major’ success on the field. Imagine the next few classes if we won the ACC this year...

It’s just crazy to think that this is what recruiting looks like without any ‘major’ success on the field. Imagine the next few classes if we won the ACC this year...
I think recruits are seeing the program on a rise and want to join. The 2 years before Mack = 5 wins, Mack takes over and wins 15 games in his first 2 seasons with a half a dozen losses by 1 score. They see their friends committing and want to join them. Mack, Bateman, Dre, Galloway etc have done a tremendous job recruiting. Can't say enough about Dre and what he's done in the State of VA. He gets to tell the kids "hey, come to UNC from VA and be a star, like I did". A lot of these recruiters can talk, but Dre can walk the walk and talk the talk as he's done it at both the collegiate and NFL level. Sorry to ramble on but I get excited when I talk about these guys and the jobs they're doing. Buckle up, going to be a fun ride.

I’d love to know how many more verbals we are going to accept and who are definite takes at this point. I would assume Rice, Shaw, Greene and Hampton are the clear cut takes.

Reactions: CURRY2WOODYR80
CB's have been taken off for Pope, so it appears no one really knows where he's going. Dre retweeted Pope's last tweet, so UNC must be optimistic there. Truly believe he wants to go to several schools and wouldn't be shocked if he decommits at some point. Not a knock on him, just think he likes what multiple schools have to offer -- academics, culture, playing time etc.

Reactions: CURRY2WOODYR80
TOS has a front page story on OL Monroe Freeling improving relationship with UNC. It sounds like OL recruiting isn't over yet and Fisher Anderson is also in play
UNC loves their OL to be 6'5-6'7, and both fit that mold for sure. Would be happy just to get one of them.

Greene got the Clem offer that he wanted so badly , but their first choice is Thompson the kid from Texas that has multiple offers and closer to home ones at that. I hope Greene realizes that he is a UNC priority.
No, Clemson's top priority is getting Greene in the boat this summer (hopefully soon after his unofficial visit on July 27 for our annual July cookout) and will continue to recruit Thompson as the 3rd oversign guy because he's not coming until the Fall for an official visit. No comment on who Greene will choose, just letting you know he is priority #1 now at receiver.

• Love
Reactions: Ashlove0526
We got the magical CB from Wiltfong for Jennings! So, we should be getting some good news in about 2 hours.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT