ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting

Word is both Rice and Givens are going to commit at the same time. A lot of folks say they are UNC leans.

Remember some folks saying the Orange Bowl results could be damning for future recruiting? Nonsense.

Buckle up, guys. It's about to be lit.

Word is both Rice and Givens are going to commit at the same time. A lot of folks say they are UNC leans.

Remember some folks saying the Orange Bowl results could be damning for future recruiting? Nonsense.

Literally not one person here said it would be 'damning' for recruiting.

Lol.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Lol, re-read thread, you'd be amazed.

What we've been trying to say is that not winning games like that one can hurt your chances with some top level recruits. Not that recruiting would just go to shit if we lost this game.

Fortunately we kept the game close enough that the narrative has shifted to "what if Carolina was at full strength." We hung with a (completely overrated) team that a lot of people thought should be in the playoff while missing four of our best players. It's easy for the coaches to spin that. If we had gotten blown out then we might have missed on a few guys we could otherwise sign for 2022.

What we've been trying to say is that not winning games like that one can hurt your chances with some top level recruits. Not that recruiting would just go to shit if we lost this game.

Fortunately we kept the game close enough that the narrative has shifted to "what if Carolina was at full strength." We hung with a (completely overrated) team that a lot of people thought should be in the playoff while missing four of our best players. It's easy for the coaches to spin that. If we had gotten blown out then we might have missed on a few guys we could otherwise sign for 2022.

Speaking of other posters, the same ones that questioned the Mack, Bly hire and wanted Bateman gone midseason.

I promise you the results of that game last night made no difference to any of the big name recruits out there. They already see what's being built-- from 2 wins to 7 to 8 and a Orange Bowl birth. They see their friends going to UNC, they see the Jordan Brand, they see the $ being spent on the practice facility/stadium/locker room. They see a Hall-of-famer on the sidelines and in their living room spilling that charm and his national championship ring.

Train took off awhile ago, it's go time now.

Reactions: heelfan1961
UNC offered 3* Darren Agu out of Georgia for 2022. He's a 6'7 235 pound Tight End and has offers from Florida State, Arizona State, Coastal Carolina, Georgia Tech, Iowa State, Michigan State, Ole Miss, Pitt, South Carolina, West Va and Va Tech.

247 crystal ball is 100% clemson for Givens, tho Zach Rice twitter video has Zach saying "Gunner it's almost time to go"

Literally not one person here said it would be 'damning' for recruiting.

Lol.
Yeah, I don’t get that take either. I still think winning the OB against a team that was ranked 5th would benefit recruiting more than losing. I don’t see how anyone could argue otherwise. Now if you want to debate whether A&M was overrated, that’s a valid debate.

Yeah, I don’t get that take either. I still think winning the OB against a team that was ranked 5th would benefit recruiting more than losing. I don’t see how anyone could argue otherwise. Now if you want to debate whether A&M was overrated, that’s a valid debate.

Woad is known for his hot takes. Get ready for some splashes in the next few weeks, gonna get really interesting.

I could see Rice and Givens announcing on the same day or at the same event, but to different schools. Also, Givens recently said that he is open to playing either OL or DL. It’ll be interesting.

Reactions: Archer2

Feel really good about Rice.

Wait a minute thought you said we were getting both of them. I know you said possible leans but I wanted both (fingers crossed).

Reactions: CURRY2WOODYR80
Wait a minute thought you said we were getting both of them. I know you said possible leans but I wanted both (fingers crossed).
Sounds like they've discussed it but it's not absolutely certain from what I've read. Though they do bring it up as a possibility

Top Virginia recruits(state ranking) offered in ’22 class:

1st) Zach Rice OT 6-6/282
3rd) Shawn Murphy ILB 6-2/215
8th) Andre Greene WR 6-3/180
9th) Ramon Brown RB 5-11/202

Don’t see an offer for Givens, surely we’ve offered?

Top Virginia recruits(state ranking) offered in ’22 class:

1st) Zach Rice OT 6-6/282
3rd) Shawn Murphy ILB 6-2/215
8th) Andre Greene WR 6-3/180
9th) Ramon Brown RB 5-11/202

Don’t see an offer for Givens, surely we’ve offered?

I don't think we have as of yet even though we're in his top 6. The reason he's being talked about at UNC is because the hint by Rice that they would be a package deal to one school. It's wildly known that Rice and his mom love UNC. Givens on the other hand is a wildcard. It's down to UNC/Ohio State for both Rice and Givens, IMO.

I don't think we have as of yet even though we're in his top 6. The reason he's being talked about at UNC is because the hint by Rice that they would be a package deal to one school. It's wildly known that Rice and his mom love UNC. Givens on the other hand is a wildcard. It's down to UNC/Ohio State for both Rice and Givens, IMO.
OSU just stockpiling talent right now, just like ‘Bama and Clensum.

Anyone with an idea of where we stand realistically with Jalon Walker? We are in the final six but with some very strong schools. Would love to add him but got our hands full. Hope he stays in state and away from clemsuck.

Anyone with an idea of where we stand realistically with Jalon Walker? We are in the final six but with some very strong schools. Would love to add him but got our hands full. Hope he stays in state and away from clemsuck.
I believe that Clemson is the leader here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT