ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Aidoo does get almost 12ppg and 2bpg in around only 25mpg.. He should be even better next season. He may be an ok option. I still rather have Ballo or Omoruyi. Aidoo and Wolf would be a toss up for me. I know most people like Wolf more for his 3 point shooting ability and 2 years eligibility left.

Yes he is…1st team SEC All Defensive team player and 2nd team All SEC player…Yes I would take him in a minute…

I don’t love him. I mean, if we don’t get the Rutgers guy, I reckon he’s at least something but I’ve not been impressed by him. When I watched UT, it looked like Barnes subbed him out during the most pivotal moments.

Is Jonas Aidoo in the portal? If so he would be a nice replacement for Bacot.
He's in the portal. He's basically a downgrade in every conceivable way from Bacot. And the fact his FT % has dropped significantly every season as his usage rate went up is pretty scary.

Aidoo does get almost 12ppg and 2bpg in around only 25mpg.. He should be even better next season. He may be an ok option. I still rather have Ballo or Omoruyi. Aidoo and Wolf would be a toss up for me. I know most people like Wolf more for his 3 point shooting ability and 2 years eligibility left.
Wolf has great perimeter skills. He can shoot and he can drive. He'd pull opposing centers out and allow our guards easy lanes to drive. I'm nervous about his physicality inside.

At the rate Aidoo's FT % has declined each year, I'm kind of scared to see what he'd shoot next season. Honestly, I bet Washington could legitimately compete with him for the starting spot.

Wolf has great perimeter skills. He can shoot and he can drive. He'd pull opposing centers out and allow our guards easy lanes to drive. I'm nervous about his physicality inside.

At the rate Aidoo's FT % has declined each year, I'm kind of scared to see what he'd shoot next season. Honestly, I bet Washington could legitimately compete with him for the starting spot.
I agree. As long as hes not a lost cause I guess he would be beneficial for something.. Let our guards and wings do the work if thats the case. As long as Cadeau, RJ, and Ingram are back, I wouldnt be as worried about Aidoo being our starting center. I believe Ian Jackson and Drake Powell will be key factors. Ian Jackson is an upgrade from Trimble. Powell is an upgrade from Wojcik. Cadeau should be much improved.

Losing Ryan can hurt but if we add another wing like Tyson and a guy like Aidoo we will still be a better team than last year. Hopefully we land a top center though, not Aidoo.

I agree. As long as hes not a lost cause I guess he would be beneficial for something.. Let our guards and wings do the work if thats the case. As long as Cadeau, RJ, and Ingram are back, I wouldnt be as worried about Aidoo being our starting center. I believe Ian Jackson and Drake Powell will be key factors. Ian Jackson is an upgrade from Trimble. Powell is an upgrade from Wojcik. Cadeau should be much improved.

Losing Ryan can hurt but if we add another wing like Tyson and a guy like Aidoo we will still be a better team than last year. Hopefully we land a top center though, not Aidoo.
One would think hes an upgrade to Seth but he’d better bow up from the last couple games I’ve seen him play. He didn’t look good at the Nike hoop summit. Grant it, it was only the second time I’ve seen him play but the other 4 starters did a lot more.

One would think hes an upgrade to Seth but he’d better bow up from the last couple games I’ve seen him play. He didn’t look good at the Nike hoop summit. Grant it, it was only the second time I’ve seen him play but the other 4 starters did a lot more.
He had 21 in McDonalds game and was the reason his team came back at end of the game to win.

Reactions: alabamaheel
He had 21 in McDonalds game and was the reason his team came back at end of the game to win.
17 of those were in the 2nd..he’s extremely explosive and athletic! They actually got after it and played defense in the game too..that was refreshing to see! He had some nice passes too!

Reactions: TarHeelFanWV
Indiana is suppose to be getting 3 big portal additions. The boosters are opening the wallets for NIL for sure.
This is why UNC has to get out of the ACC…So the Big Boosters can put their money to NIL…Let the TV money take care of the Athletic Department…

If not all sports are going to suffer moving forward…

Aidoo is who Hubert has zeroed in on. Step back from Bacot and frankly disappointing considering the options that were available.
And far as we know UNC was in touch with those options…

Guys are shopping themselves to the highest bidder…Who knows if we get Aidoo..

I'm starting to warm up on Aidoo. I just realized how few minutes he played this year. With Bacot's minutes his stats look really impressive. I particularly like his shotblocking, dunking, and his jump hook. He's definitely a strong defender, particularly on perimeter action.

My concerns are strength and FT shooting.

I'm starting to warm up on Aidoo. I just realized how few minutes he played this year. With Bacot's minutes his stats look really impressive. I particularly like his shotblocking, dunking, and his jump hook. He's definitely a strong defender, particularly on perimeter action.

My concerns are strength and FT shooting.
He has a decent little elbow mid range jumper too! I’m starting to warm up more too

Mason Gillis from Purdue in the portal along with 'trez Styles back in from Georgetown.

All this portal talk - darn. The ups, the downs, checking every hour to see who might be a Tar Heel. I can’t it no more. I’m going the Rip Van Winkle route. Going to bed and waking up in 2 months to view and get to know next years team. Wake me if something great happens.

This would be more of a Wojcik slight up grade IMO

What separates them is Cade is more of an Aggressive shooter than Paxton
And Cade shot 46.5% from 3 last season, which was the 2nd best % in all of college basketball according to the NCAA's website.

Wojcik shot 38% from 3 in his final season at Brown.

Also Cade is 3 inches taller, and is being pursued by practically every blue blood program.

Along with the PF from Louisville, that could be interesting.
I like the kid from Louisville, or at least what I saw from him.

Styles frustrated the heck out of me at UNC. Terrible ballhandler, and always settling for that midrange turn around jumper. Putting up career high stats on the worst team in the Big East didn't change my opinion of him. I guess he could be an impact player for Keatts defensively. But I'm seeing State fans projecting him as their starting SF. Asking him to be a ball handler is a risky proposition.

The shooter out of Dayton just hit the portal. Only D1 player who shot better than Cade Tyson this year.

Duke's Jaden Schutt also in the portal. Reputed to be a good shooter out of HS, but got no burn at Duke. I recall him being discussed here for a bit, but didn't get an offer, iirc.

46.5% from 3 this past season. Oooweee.
And that’s something that will translate to better competition usually. He probably wouldn’t shoot it at that clip but dang could you imagine low 40s from another guy on our team with RJ. Especially if EC could get to around 33 or so. Shew

So styles on portal again man seems he just can’t be happy. Agree with others he will land at moo this time and probably score 30 points against us.

• Haha
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT